Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seattle cruise night?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evobuilder, Mar 21, 2012.

1. 1320/150

1320/150

?? Please explain holy hamber!!!! I thought it wasn't all that bad.Same as any other friday/saturday night show.

2. evobuilder

evobuilder

nicer weather seems to be coming this weekend. Maybe we should just plan something for May and get some hype behind it. Any thoughts on what night (weekday/weekend). I am open to any, what do others think?

3. 73super

73super

Walmart in Covington? When did that happen? Hmmmmmm.. when does that start up again?

4. Reverend_Jack

Reverend_Jack

Bogart's on airport way hosted the car show for the Rockabilly Ball last year. They have a great parking lot. I bed they'd be happy to have us.

5. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

that would be perfect! it's about 5 minutes from my work. :D

Another place that may be good and has a lot of parking is the old Shanty Tavern on Lake City Way. Hell it might be a good place to have a small car show in general.

For anyone who is interested, I added a page to my Project 65 Blog that has a majority of the car shows in the Seattle Area between now and October. I will be updating it regularly as more are made known to me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  6. Sheckler brought out his rear motored truck. Hank the dog & I took the 41 Crusty Cruiser and we cruised up the 405 to Clearview for the Saturday Cruise In. It pays to wear your H.A.M.B shirt, met Rabid Whippet along with a bunch of other nice folks. The weather was great, the car count good.
    Saw some cars worthy of magazine articles, one in particular was a Graham convertible. Check this out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  7. At the Clearview Cruise In, another car that caught my eye was this model T speedster. Cute, simple, and just plain fun.

Attached Files:

8. evobuilder

evobuilder

what the? where the? Hell.... I would have dragged the 56 out if I new there was something going on today.

9. This is every Saturday night. It starts at about 4:30 and ends at about 7:00 this time of year. Lots of killer cars there tonight. Met One Crusty one and saw lots of people I hadn't seen since last years cruising. Loved that Graham!!!! I took a bunch of pictures of it. Very 30s art deco!!

10. Probably about 60 cars .

11. evobuilder

evobuilder

Where is this place?

12. On Hwy 9 at Clearview McDonalds/ O'Reilys Auto parts. Just North of 180th.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I've been there, decent turn out....

14. evobuilder

evobuilder

ok, after doing some digging, I found this....

Friday Nights - April-Sept. Lynnwood Taco Time
    Saturday Nights - June-Sept Triple XXX - Issaquah
    Saturday Nights - April-Sept. - Clearview McDonalds
    Saturday Nights Everett Hefty Burger Saturday Nights Lynnwood Fatburger

I have no idea if these are "every" week, when they start/end, or any details, but it seems like there are a lot of cruise nights that may fill the void already.

If anyone has details on the one above, post em. I am bored this weekend and will probably pull the truck out and hit them all.

15. The Clearview Cruise In has been packed the last 2 weeks!!!! The Lynnwood Taco Time is OK but I like the veriety of cars at Clearview better. Also you don't have to fight the Rush hour traffic. Oh and I live about 1 mile from the Clearview Cruise in which makes it even better. Soon I will have the 1936 to drive there in. But until then, its the 1968 Convertible Firebird 400 4 sp with Tripower and a 3:42 Posi!!!
    [​IMG]
    And then there are the Jalopies that show up!!!

16. The Lynnwood Cruise in has way too many modern cars. Mustangs take a full row and get there at 2:00 PM on just to take the good row. They even head to Clearview at 1:00 PM when it starts at about 4:00PM ? DON"T THEY HAVE A LIFE!!!!! LOL!!

17. evobuilder

evobuilder

ok.... I know that Clearview on Saturday.... I will check it out.

Where is the Friday night deal in Lynnwood? Anyone have an address?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  18. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

behind taco time on 196th IIRC correctly. The address is listed in my Project 65 Blog under the heading "Car Shows"

19. evobuilder

evobuilder

thanks..... checked the site and got both addresses and times.

I am going to check out both this weekend.
    Nothing going on this weekend (work is slow, wife is out of town, waiting on parts for all projects), so.... might as well get out and socialize and work the bugs out of the 56.

20. evobuilder

evobuilder

it is supposed to be beautiful this weekend..... any Seattle HAMBers want to meet up and hit Clearview on Saturday? I am in Seattle off 5 and 520. Happy to meet up and drive out to Clearview early.

Let me know.

Eric

21. I may be there but I'm also considering going up to the Tradex show in Aldergrove BC. Gene Winfield, George Barris, Chip Foose, Don Garlits are all going to be there. It's a great show!!

22. evobuilder

evobuilder

do you have any details on this show?

23. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I was in town this weekend and since Saturday was so nice, checked out the cruise in Clearview. There must have been 70-80 cars, a mix of street rods, stockers, muscle cars. Some very nice cars. Saw this 57 Ranchero, looked really nice, couldn't believe what i found under the hood!

Attached Files:

24. evobuilder

evobuilder

nice, I almost went, but then got wrapped up installing my new stereo in the 56. CrustyOne was telling me that Tripe X is going on every Saturday at 4pm as well. If its nice this weekend, I will make one of the two.... Clearview McDs or Triple X.

Either way, I will be somewhere this weekend if its nice!

I did roll up to Emerald City Harley on Sunday and saw a couple really nice cars... a beautiful 65/6 Fastback Mustang, and of course, tons of nice bikes.

Spring has sprung for sure.... and Monroe Swap is coming!

25. That Ranchero is Jim Greens. He shows up with different cars all the time. That 427 Dual overhead cam engine is just one of many of his. I was up there also. Pretty good turn out and very eclectic group of cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were just a few that showed up.

27. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

It looks like I need to get my old ass up there Saturday, some nice cars there for sure.