Register now to get rid of these ads!

Texas weathers getting rough

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grits, Apr 3, 2012.

1. cheveey57

cheveey57

What the hell is going on
    Lately with this weather?
    Prayers sent to all affected.

2. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

All the bad stuff was east of us. We just got some heavy rain for a while. Hope no one got hurt bad in the Dallas area. I was watching the news about the trucking yard, it was amazing how trucks and trailers were thrown around.

3. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

All good in Combine. Lots of wind and quarter size hail. Forney got hit pretty bad. We dodged another bullet, I think it's time to fab up a tin can to stick in the ground!

4. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

about to hit us here in college station. hopefully it dies down in the next ten minutes or so!

5. cracker head

cracker head

I was thinking of that today. Know anybody that can stick one together:rolleyes:.......

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It was supposed to rain in Houston today, but it changed course and headed to Dallas. Crazy weather. I have a friend up there and he and his family are doing ok.

7. 28 jalopy

28 jalopy
    from arizona

Just got home and saw the news. You guys and gals take care! Were all watching out for ya!

8. Dchaz

Dchaz

We got a little rain in Mansfield. My wife works at Little rd and 20 (5 minutes from the house). She shot a video of that tornado on her phone. Luckly it was on the other side of the freeway.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I just got off the phone with Junior Stock, he's fine and he's already talked to Danny and him and Danyelle are fine as well. Anyone heard from Big Ken and his posse??

10. Central Arlington missed the storm. I'm about two miles from the damage in west Arlington. My welder friends house was damaged and my ffl guys tahoe was thrown into the yard. His big fiberglas camper trailer was five houses down the street. Getting sorta close

11. I think Doc or Grits talked to Tony and Ken, they are ok.

12. BISHOP

BISHOP

There is some stuff in my yard thats not mine.

13. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I was crossing the Red Oak Road overpass just after 1:00 and saw a small one just ahead. It dipped down twice then I saw debris flying when it lifted again. I started across the bridge again and looked back to the northeast and saw it drop down again, Probably the one that hit Lancaster.

14. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

Flying 18 wheelers .weeeeeee. Gonna be busy with all the hail

15. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

My sister lives outside Dallas on the north end . I haven't heard from her yet but I hope she is OK .

Retro Jim

16. sir_ely

sir_ely

Prayers sent......

17. all good in the hood....funny that truckin' company is at the exit I rolled my Stude truck (with a little help from a truck that missed the exit) a few years back....

18. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Damn what is it with this freak weather in Texas?!?! Just last week we got a freak hailstorm in the town over from me and it lasted 30minuets of tennis ball size hail!!! Lot of damage done, businesses, cars, homes, EVEN the birds!!! The local BMW dealership was all fucked up. Not a single car was left un damaged or with out a brokend windsheild. Trees left bare(no leaves at all only braches) and tons of dead birds that were hit by the hail. People reported 6-8inches in some spots. No body could belive what had happened its insane, but not as bad as u guys. Prayers sent from deep south Texas.

19. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear people starting to check in, this screwed up weather is getting global!
    Wish I could be over there to help.
    Good luck all.

Doc.

20. 343w

343w

Thank God you all made it through the storms yesterday. We here in Alabama have had the same spring tornado damage, and until you've been through them there's no real understanding of the damage they cause. My prayer are with those who suffered lost of property and injury yesterday.

21. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Just remembered - model car historian and collector Dennis Doty lives in Irving - any problems there?

22. MissPrint

MissPrint

:confused: Anyone heard from the THEM! guys up in DFW area?:confused:

Glad to hear lots of folks have checked in. . .and that Big Ken (aka "Santa") is OK. . .Breathing sigh of relief.

Nothing here in Austin or out in Elgin either; seemed to completely by-pass us. . .

23. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Hope your all doing well. Couldn't believe seeing those semi's being thrown about. Hail isn't an issue in Limey land but i saw the real deal in Sydney Australia when i lived there. Huge hail storm hit by the airport and 5-6 suburbs got hit with hail the size of tennis balls!!
    It wrecked everything in it's path. Cars, homes, shops etc. What suprised me was the amount of animals killed or hurt. Dead birds everywhere, it looked very eire. Few folks were killed aswell.
    I worked for O'Briens (windscreen company) and we were on over time and call out for 2 years solid after that. Paid for my o/t Monaro and HR Holdens.

Be safe folks

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

That was some crazy shit, they were all around my house. My mom had to take shelter in the bath tub with my son. My wife and all her co workers were hiding in the stairwell at her office. Meanwhile Im at work with no TV's or Radio or contact with the free world. I had my headphones cranked up and no Idea anything other than bad storm was happening. I checked my phone and had about a dozen panic messages from just about everyone I know wondering if I was ok... DOH! It all ended ok though, no carnage to speak of... hope everyone else is ok !

25. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

theyre forcasting more crazy weather for Texas today. Prayers for you all. stay safe

26. Yea I'd like to hear from Big Ken as well, if someone hears anything at all please post.

Hey Denise,
    Ya got a number for Ken PM me if you do. Maybe the Raven still has his number I'll try and get hold of him but it won't happen before this evening.

Thanks for the news on Ken.

Maybe rashy can get hold of THEM I am pretty sure he has a number.

27. bob35

bob35
    from DFW, TX

Texas sure has some dramatic mood swings. I work in Denton, the wife works in Irving, and our house is in Flower Mound... so yeah, watching the radar hard yesterday. Fortunately we didn't get anything more than some epic storming.

I think that's enough crazy weather for a while though!

28. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

Glad to here most everyone is OK...have not been through DFW in about 3 years and the last few times at the Pate Swap Meet there was some bad weather in the area...looking forward to the end of April and getting out that way for the Pate Swap Meet this year though...