Register now to get rid of these ads!

Working Customs........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hip, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hip

Hip

Just wondered how many of you guys out there still actually haul stuff around in your custom trucks? I'm not talking about your lunch box, fold out chairs, or even an occasional head or intake. I have woose friends that have new trucks that cringe to put a piece of furniture in the back of their precious beds. Well mines hauled some incredible weights on the poor 2500 pound bags, and burned out one pump already. Heres proof of my working truck. Hauled this up the pass (2 hrs) from Riverside to the far North desert. Let me tell you, i got some LOOKS!!!

2. Hey Mark, your pm's are full. Good to see ya back here as it's been a while.:D

3. devilleish

devilleish

My '55 held a Mopar 318 and 904 trans for about 1500 miles till I finally got around to offloading the rusty mess. Multiple camping trips hauling all the gear, too.
    Once the truck is on the road again, it will be equipped with a chip-resistant bedlining to withstand all I can toss in the bed. It is, after all, a truck. More important, as I like to point out to the people who say I'm nuts to haul with it, it is MY truck and my ONLY truck. It will be mildly customized but it will also be practical.

4. That would be just plain dumb......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Hip

Hip

Yes it has been a longg time Max. So long that i'v forgotten how to upload a damn picture!!!

6. Hip

Hip

Devilleish, Your right! It's still a truck and you can still haul shit around in it. Thats impressive, chopped51! thats a hauler!

7. Thanks. It's even been spotted load with yard clippings going to the land fill.
    If ya can't use em, why bother.......

8. Squids50

Squids50
    from cal

Chopped51, love that pic. Once my 50 is done my wife wants me to build a truck also for her. It will be work truck and used.

9. My truck really isn't what I'd call "custom" but I like it. I have hauled my car trailer (loaded) and lots of DJ equipment.

10. Hip

Hip

Try this again...<TABLE class=fieldset border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG] 0111121533a.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE class=fieldset border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG] 0111121533a.jpg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Attached Files:

11. Funny, I built this for my wife 3 years ago. I gave it to her for our 25th. She still drives the wheels off it.

12. Hip

Hip

Thats a good Ol' Lady. 51

13. devilleish

devilleish

I love seeing these old trucks being used for their original purpose. A friend of mine has a really nice '65 C10 longbed that, unfortunately, has no purpose left as a truck:confused:. Other friends have trucks like mine (my '55 being the newest one in the group) in various stages of (dis)repair that, like mine, have hauled plenty of their own parts. We all figure that if we have to work for ourselves our trucks should be able to do the same.
    My future wife has expressed a serious interest in the '55 and has expressed a desire for a '58 or '59 of her own:D.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  14. olkarz

olkarz

Chopped...I'm with you. What's the point of having a truck if it's not going to be used as a truck??? I remember when I 1st discussed clipping my '57 3100 with the local custom shop. The owner told me to bring him my truck, camaro front clip and $25K and come back in a rest with the remaining $25k when he has finished restoring the truck. I was like...you must have bumped your head!! This is a hauling shit in the bed from Home Depot and Lowes truck and a trailer queen that only sees the light of day when it's sunny or when there's a local car show!!!

15. olkarz

olkarz

Devlish...y'all must grow these kinda of women in Ohio, because they're damn sure not any in Atlanta, Georgia. Hell...I've been married to my wife for over 20 years and she won't even sit in the seat of my car or truck, even if it's just sitting in the garage with the door down.

16. Mine is really going to be back on the road soon. all the pieces are falling into place. this will be a full time work truck that will be used on week ends

Attached Files:

17. 73super

73super

I LOVE THAT TRUCK!!!! :eek:

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Does this count?We use this;

[​IMG]

To carry this fat bastard quad in an extremely heavy powered wheelchair;

[​IMG]

Around like this;

[​IMG]

It ain't a lot of work for me, but it's a hell of a lot of work for the Kustom.
    :D
    Paul

19. Hip

Hip

Thanks 73super. It's got about 5 more body mods yet before i can shoot paint, ONLY THEN, will i decide whether to stop haulin in it.

20. Hip

Hip

Kripfink, Your Panel is definately on my top ten favorite panel list. SWEET!

21. i dont know , but i always figured if it lost its purpose it was a fuckin streetrod , i could be wrong , ive been wrong before!

22. right on man!!

23. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kripfink, your panel is bad ass. I love what you've done with it, and how you've made it work for you. That's awesome....

24. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Thanks a lot for the kind words fellas. One of my favourite movie quotes is from men in black where Edgar says "the only thing that pulls its weight around here is my truck" just before the flying saucer totals it.
    Paul

25. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

I found this on the hamb a while back. It made me giggle like a school girl so i saved it. When i seen this post i knew i had to repost it.

uploadfromtaptalk1333539782928.jpg

thanks,
    Douglas Johnson
    "Skrach"
    www.VividlyVintage.com