Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What us trad rodders were doing in the 70's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Texas Jam--cotton bowl 1978--one of the best!!!

2. Went to all the Texas Jams, I miss them . Try getting a concert ticket today, the price will kill ya.

3. RichG

RichG

This lives across the street from me in a shop packed full of cars, this is the first time it's been out in the daylight in the last ten years. Built in '65, its had the same owner since '69! Unchanged, except maybe for tires and the engine, this is a time machine more than a car. Street freak:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, this isn't an engineering marvel, but it is a snapshot in time of how things were being done over 40 years ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Classic B&M shifter too:

[​IMG]

4. ok i love 59 chevys and i love streetfreak gassers but i wouldnt drive that sumbitch around the block ......wow

5. ... mustabeen before electricity.... you can tell by the welds.

6. Deuces

Deuces

7. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Needs a lowering job...

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a nice body style, but that suspension and steering set-up looks dangerous. Might explain why it's been parked for so long.

9. DD

DD
    from illinois

great times....had alot more hair back then

10. :eek: :eek: :eek: Anyone got a freakin' match!

11. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Actually, in the 70's I kinda' looked like the guy in the middle...

[​IMG]

12. Which one?

The one with the 'fro???

13. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

The good lookin' one.

14. Wait a minute.... I'm not in there!

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Saw Boston in concert around '76, their first big tour I believe, great show! Lotta smoke in the air!:D

16. brianj

brianj

17. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

It was "More Than A Feeling"!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0XBGEft83zE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i think that 59 chevy would make more sence if it had a winch on the front bumper.

19. fleet-master

fleet-master

is it just me or does the lead singer look somethin like John Holmes in that clip? :D:D

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

our parents took us to see JAWS...when that head popped out i swear the whole theatre jumped 3rows back!! .The scariest though was ALIEN ,the first one with Sigourney Weaver...shit myself the whole way through.:eek::eek: shoulda stuck to the Terrence Hill/Bud Spencer Movies i guess

Sure do remember that Farrah Fawcett poster back a couple pages. Brings back lots of memories...Jaclyn Smith was a HOTTIE too..yummm.
    My Mum knitted me a perfect replica of the woollen jacket worn by Starskey...but by the time she finished it the show had stopped running!!:D:eek:. There was all kinds of cars runnin round here (even a Mini as i recall) painted in Staskey n Hutch livery :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  21. fleet-master

fleet-master

you know you've had too much to drink when you swerve to miss a tree and then find out it was only the air freshener tree hangin from your rear vision mirror

22. Deuces

Deuces

Same here!... But I gave up the "grass"...... Or is it "Mother Nature's finest"????..:rolleyes: Plus now I have the love handles...:( and a big ol' pot belly.... Guess that comes with old age..:eek:

23. once4fun

once4fun

wow it was cool lookin at all that old stuff. hmm 1970 56 bel air post car with 4 speed 396 etc. bad ass 1973 new dodge dart sport 340blackon black 3500 off the lot 1978 codoba with real corinthian leather lol what pig those were great days now i have to drive an old 30 model a sbc and a r oad king ihave couple of those ol iron head sporties from the 70s too what a trip it has been

24. RAVENS29

RAVENS29
    from n/a

This brings back memories! I had one when I was in the airforce, my room mate wrecked it. I'm still mad at him.

25. DD

DD
    from illinois

Boston on the craig powerplay and a frisbee on my lap! Had a Dart sport, chrome slots,n50 14s. Always loved this pic and car. Anyone ever see anymore pics of it.

26. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah! Me too.. :eek:

27. If you can remember the 70's you weren't there!

28. Watching this movie...

Attached Files:

29. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I've been doing this for 45 years and that '59 Impala would be a piece of shit back then too. I'd hide it if it was mine too.
    Now back to the topic, if I could remember what I was doing in the 70's, I probably wouldn't tell anyone.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.