Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thee Inland Emperors take over the Spokane Auto Boat Speed show 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Thanks man, that means a lot coming from a guy with one of the best Merc's out there! I'm getting ready to bag it, so it'll lay frame ;)

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Not the first time on here that I have had the urge to gouge my eyes out with muddy sticks...

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

yeah but never on a post from Chris. It was the shock that got me.:D

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Where can I get more shots of the '40 pickup? Very nice!

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

True, You kinda figure you are safe on his threads, but YIKES!:eek:

Oh yea, and I am not usually a big custom guy, but that green '57 is wicked!

6. A few more pics from tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interior on Tyler's shoebox...old 60's California hot rod! Used to have a 348 in it!

[​IMG]

Engine in the Vette

[​IMG]

Len's tub

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course the greatest band of all time played a set

[​IMG]

7. That Van belongs to club member George from Clarkston, WA. When we had a car not be able to make it, we BEGGED George to enter it! You gotta admit that thing is the best thing in the show!!

8. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

George has probably upholstered half of the cars in Spokane. He does beautiful work and has been at it for many years.
    Mike

9. april may

april may

I only showed up for the band.........

P.S. Emperors rule. Thanks for having us!

10. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

Georges' van is awesome!

11. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

4 of us drive over from Missoula to see the show every year. We're never disappointed!
    Thanks!

12. wish I could have made it over to check the show out, thanks for sharing Chris !

13. mj40's

mj40's

Old buddy George is awesome but the van, maybe. :eek: I can remember when he drove a late 40's Chevy with a Ford motor.

14. chris98006

chris98006
    from Seattle WA

Good seeing some of the Emperors at the show! Great looking cars!

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like I missed a good one again. I saw some of those cars at the Roadster Show in Portland and that Chevy rocks in person.

Georges van makes me thing of guys you wouldn't want to meet in a dark ally. It has a rather sinister look to it.

16. HaHa ......thanks for the words about my car.Dont bag it:(. The car looks like a time machine right now. That looks like it was a pretty sweet show.

17. That was a joke on your signature man! Only bags in it are full of spare parts for when she craps out ;)

Seriously, I wanna chop it a lil and may lower it a full inch more all away around.

18. Well, shows over. Peter got kicked out and John's 32 tub won best import!

19. powmia

powmia

Thanks for the showing guys! Your room made up for the boats and corvettes. Good turnout this year!

20. ^^^ So there really was boats ? Whats wrong with that? Classic boats or new ones?

21. powmia

powmia

They had some cool outboard racing boats...nothing wrong with it. not my thing, especially when there are some awesome hot rods in the next room over.

22. Marcy

Marcy

Good times!
    I love my Spokane brothers.
    ...and i can't wait to see George's van completely restored, it seriously rules!

Marcy

23. Thanks for everything Marcy, you are too cool!!!!! I also, thanks for the decals....JJ's is going in the mailbox tomorrow ;)

24. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I'm going to dedicate the chop on my '32 to you Marcy!!!!

25. Figured I would just add to Chris' photos rather then start a new thread.

A very touching tribute to a very good friend. Claude was a like second father to everyone in Thee Inland Emperor's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Random shots from the show
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was pretty cool to watch Jeff Allison's Safari drive out on Sunday night.
    It has been in the Allison's family for nearly 40 years, and for the first time it's finally on the road.
    [​IMG]

It was awesome to see John Gunsaulis' Austrailian '32 win best Import at the show, over some of his other import competition like a Ferrari, a Porche, and a few tuner cars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite car in the show, local machinist and fabricator John Coffey hand-built this entire miniture Miller Indy Car from scratch as a fun project for his Grandson. It must also have made an impression on the all Thee Inland Emperor's as well because it took home the coveted Emperor's Choice at the show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    END​

26. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Wow !!!
    There is just nothing in your display that isn't super cool. Nice collection of cars. Gary

27. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

That van rules. The grille looks like it could be a mercedes piece but looks a bit too wide.
    The only thing that could make it better is if it is a survivor from the van age.

Mr gasser, i take it the truck is yours. It looks awesome!

28. Marcy

Marcy

NOOOOOOO!!!
    It's your car of course but I just had to offer my opinion.
    I think chopping and un-channeling that 32 sedan will take all the funky cool out of it and make it look like every other one.:(

Marcy

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  29. bstie

bstie

You nailed it! This truck sits perfect!

Attached Files:

30. mj40's

mj40's

Is Wilbur still the promoter to this one? He told me one time he didn't like street rods at his shows. He claimed they were too visiable every weekend around town and people would not pay to go see them in shows. They wanted to see 4x4 trucks and boats in Spokane.