Register now to get rid of these ads!

FOUND! '55 Gasser "SATISFACTION" 2 Door Post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by trksmth, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Mike one more thing I meant to tell you the car ran B/Gas with a Hilborn Injected 427 & 4 speed. I can even found the last engine it was raced with back in 69-71 time frame. But the guy wants way too much for it and it doesn't have the injection on or with it.

Scott

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Satisfaction II works for me. With lots of pics and supporting info with the car to show the original. DO IT!

3. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

I don't agree at all. The Hollish Brothers Competition Coupe was rebuilt with like parts and even made print AS the HOLLISH BRO's coupe! Only thing it had was its original motor.

I still think its fine to re-pop a car, make it safer with a better body. It wasn't the OP's fault they cut their car up!

There are many Copies of cars out there, but his will be as close to original as it could be with a large majority of the orignal parts!

4. Abomb

Abomb

Just the original chassis qualifies as a large majority of the original parts ???

As far as the Hollish bros. coupe, it may have made print "as the Hollish Bro's coupe" But if the only thing that was an original piece was the engine, it certainly was NOT "THE Hollish Bro's coupe"....it was a replica.

5. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Mister Literal has graced us with his presence...

6. Abomb

Abomb

I call it like I see it....Now, if you were in the market for an all original car, how would you view these cars ?? Would you pay the asking price for the "original" knowing that just the chassis, or just the engine was from the original ??? I know I wouldn't, I would consider calling it original to be a misrepresentation, if not an outright lie.

I am not attacking the OP, I'm saying that you should be honest about what the "car" is, and here you come, claiming that a recreation with just the original engine being called original is acceptable....it must be so because it "made print"....That is literally a false statement. You also stated that having the original chassis is " a large majority of the original parts", that is also, literally a false statement.

Should I not take you literally ?? You didn't mean what you wrote ??

7. roadtriprod

roadtriprod
    from FARGO ND

Some peoples kids... Way to ruin a guys ambition for trying to save and enjoy a car that was on its way to the crusher.
    He could have just saved his money, bought a frame from some bubble gum wanna be hot rod shop, paint it some crappy canary yellow buy some new cragars from the same "speed shop" call it a gasser wanna be and critisize any one with real talent and determination........

8. Spike!

Spike!

At least you didn't build a TRIBUTE car from all new parts and components and steal a name from a famous racer that you never knew. You are more ahead of the game than some folks...

Spike

9. n847

n847

I think it will be a cool build Satisfaction or Satisfaction II! I love that you are salvaging all the left over pieces...Would it be possible to have a corvette guy save the fiberglass panels? Just a thought!

10. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

There are a butt load of nostalgia cars out there that are being passed off as "original" that barely have any part from the original car. And I know of a few copies that are booked as original.

You posted here and a few gave you comments that you did not care for.

toughen up dude. Build it however you want, it is your car.

11. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Yes, the frame is the largest majority of the original parts he has to build this car and since he is in possession of more of the car than any other person alive, I think he has earned the right to build a car of the same type and call it the same. Who are you to tell anyone what they should do? LOL As far as I know, the OP nor myself have said the car would be "Original".

I accept the Hollish car for what it is - its a neat story, period correct reproduction of what "the car" once was. See, the difference in me and you - Im a hotrod guy, I like them all. I'm not an opinionated ass like you. I can go to bed at night knowing that and it feels damned good. Now, I'm done here - OP I really hope you build this car, as you intended. Its very Cool and parts of it are ORIGINAL and enough to complete the history to me.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  12. S.F.

S.F.

yeah, its noted as "miscalculation #3" (instead of #2)

13. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

I agree about many cars being passed off as original when there is very little or none of the original there. However if he is using alot of the original parts then this is a whole different scenario. After his first few posts I was thinking all he got was the chassis but now from what I read in todays posts it appears as though he is getting alot of the original body so this changes it a helluva lot for me. I think when he takes the car out he should show what he started with and everyone would understand alot more about why it has a different body. Hell My old Chevy II was in almost as bad shape as the 55 was but I brought it back and really wish we coulda kept "Satisfaction" so we coulda had alot more fun with it. I can't wait to hear and hopefully see the rebirth of the car. I'm gonna try to add a photo here of Satisfaction and Deuces High together in my Driveway. I hope it works.

Mike I'm gonna send you a PM with my phone number so you can call me.

Scott

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    chevylady likes this.
  14. HenryJGuy

HenryJGuy
    from Dayton, TN

15. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Thanks for posting these Tommy!!!

16. trksmth

trksmth

Ok, After all the PMs I got, I want to move on. Thanks guys, some do under stand what it takes to handle a car like this.

I know now that not everybody under stand how I work. I don't do this to flip or make money. I do NOT and will NOT mislead anybody after it's done about the car & its history.

With that said, back to trying to put her back together again.

So I've learned of the 427 BBC that was run in this car last, before Scott's dad got it (correct me if I'm wrong Scott) and was injected. Just the 427 is available, less injection, So I'm going to see if I can buy it or not.

I already have a 427 CE (create engine) sitting here and a Hilborn stack injection if need.

I do need to know what 4spd they ran, I have all kinds ready to go.

Mike

17. trksmth

trksmth

X2,

Big help, to see the true shape of her.

The fire wall was so butchered up too.

Nothing but rust to weld to, not worth saving in my book. Mike

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  18. Rebracer

Rebracer

Yes, please continue, who cares what the name of your post is, and whether the car was found, bought or hatched from a damn egg. I'm interested in what you are doing with this car. Continue with your thread, write and do whatever you want it's your car.

19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Just my .02 Mike but I'd make a Satisfaction "tribute" car with the same lettering and all using what you can of the original parts... but put a fresh low-buck paint job on it and spiff it up a little! That being said I trust you'll end up with a bitchin' car when it's done!

20. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Man.
    This thing looks ULTRA-BITCHIN'

21. biscaynes

biscaynes

carry on with YOUR build mike, leave behind the drama.

22. rat nasty

rat nasty

Forget what everybody thinks you know what you wanna do just rebuild it and have fun in my eyes its def a good save!mine isn't an O.G. but i got it going when everybody else said the car was way too far gone now its on the road alive again!keep us posted!

23. jdrew

jdrew

Build it with as many of the original parts as possible, and do it because YOU want to. I like Satisfaction II myself, it will help tell the story of the car that much easier and won't mis-lead anyone.

Can't wait to see the progress!

24. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks for the support guys, We'll worry about the name later, I don't mind "SATISFACTION II" either. Mike

25. trksmth

trksmth

Hey Nasty, Just went though you albums and wow, that came a long way! I think it's so cool and love it's ATTITUDE! Great job. Mike

26. You have most of the car, and based on the pics the car was extremely rotted out. I'd say call it the same car with a bunch of new sheetmetal... doesn't bother me...

27. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks, I wish everybody seen it that way, but we'll see how it turns out first. Mike

28. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

Mike now that I know you have most of the car I am on your side and say build it back up!!

Scott

29. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x2

Good luck with the reconstruction. Look forward to watching the progress.

30. trksmth

trksmth

Thanks,
    I was just checking out your cars on the "62-65 Chevy II thread. Dig them both '65 & '55. Mike