Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by james1savage, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Has anyone bought parts from Kanter? http://www.kanter.com

I'm looking to buy some front end parts for my 1964 Fairlane and haven't heard of these guys before. Just looking for some positive/negative feedback on experiences with them.

Thanks.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I recently bought some brake drums for my 61 Dodge. As it turns out these were 2" wide and mine are 2.5".. something like that. (my error) anyways, I had to do a return, and even though I had them for a while before I got around to returning them there was no problems.

Seems like a good company to me.

3. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

They have been around for a long time...I have never bordered from them, I find that my parts store can get the parts I need (NAPA)

4. gas pumper

gas pumper

They do claim to be the world's largest old car parts seller.

I do know that the Kanter brothers have high standards for their staff. A lot of knowledgeable car guys work there. (not me LOL)

They are doing something right, they've been in business a long time.

Frank

5. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Good stuff, bought parts for my 57GMC and 63 Riv.
    They were the only place for 57 Pontiac fuel pump. (347 Pontiac stock motor in the GMC)
    I didn't want to go electric.

6. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I have bought from Kanter, and would do it again. Very knowledgeable tech people, very helpfull sales dept, and a great return policy. WHat more can you ask for....

Stay away from Plydo, very much the oposite

7. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

I've had good experiences with them numerous times. Some prices are a little high, but if you need something odd ball, the probably have it.

8. I would think you could find what you need at NAPA for less. Your not shopping for anything strange like a Studebaker or a Hudson.

9. RFH1931

RFH1931

I just bought a water pump for my 330 Desoto hemi.They had it in stock.
    Installed it last weekend,it works great.
    I had a good experience with them.And would use them again.

10. Hyfire

Hyfire

They often kit stuff for suspensions. The quality is usually as good as anyone else. Prices are a little higher, but worth getting the right part.

Their custom service is good but a little slow... being such an old company that hasn't really modernized.

I have bought tons from them over the years, for many different makes. I wouldn't hesitate.

Josh

11. scotsmerc64

scotsmerc64

Have had nothing but good from them. I have made many parts purchases from them and they are very reliable and knowledgable. The parts are good quality too.

12. Years ago I had a 1940 Packard. I restored it and bought most of the parts from them. Good guys.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try Napa or even O'Reilly's or Autozone first or the local mom and pop parts house that has been down on the corner for the past 50 years.

Chassis parts for that car fit a hell of a lot of models and a lot of years so a lot of them should be available locally.
    You can check Napa @ www.napaonline.com
    Autozone at www.autozone.com
    O'reillys at www.oreilly.com

I bought two tie rod ends at the local Autozone for my 71 last week and they had Moog parts numbers and were marked made in USA right on them. Price was right too. That just means shop around.

Kanter is good to deal with when you have no local source or the local source thinks that the parts are made of gold. They usually send their paper catalog pretty quickly and I just got a new one last week. Those are great to check prices against local prices too.

14. bryan6902

bryan6902

Never had any major issues. Have had better luck looking parts up online as opposed to calling.... Get on their mailing list and you will get their catalog with discounts and coupons in it. They sometimes also have online promos, free shipping etc...

15. Used their rebuild kit for the front end on my 50 Chevy. No complaints. Todd

16. I purchased ever piece for the front suspension of our '54 Ford Ranch Wagon and I finally got to drive the car this past weekend,I can't say enough about them,,the parts fit and the quality is excellent. HRP

17. primed34

primed34

I bought a front end kit from them. Didn't use it for five years, and when I did some of the parts where for a different year and wouldn't work. They kept putting me on hold when I called. Until this I had good luck with them. So now I always shop around and only use them as a last resort.

18. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

bought stuff for my olds from them...good to deal with...

19. I've used them often and always without as problem.

20. Gator

Gator

Bought stuff several times, most recently lower pivot bushings for my '55 Cadillac just last week. Never a problem, always good parts, prices and service.

21. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I bought the front end rebuild kit for my 64 and everything fit. You know by now that you can't buy many chassis parts for our cars from NAPA or anyone else. The tie rod ends were China stuff I think and had a couple of metric castle nuts but I was glad to even get the new parts. The idler arm can be a little tricky because Ford changed them according to the build date of your car. I ordered the wrong one but a local machine shop reamed the drag link to fit it. Good luck.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Until this? What the heck could you expect????

23. primed34

primed34

Since I still had the invoice and the parts in the box they came in, I expected them to at least tell me they wouldn't may their mistake right.

24. teddyp

teddyp

always got good parts and service from them

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I can't imagine asking for help after five years. And then to be upset over it? blows my mind.

26. primed34

primed34

I didn't expect them to do anything, but with $200 invested in their parts it was worth a shot. I DID expect them to at least tell me they couldn't do anything. Yankees are like that I guess. So what's with the red print?:)

27. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

their motto is "do it once and do it right." they can be pricey, but they have great service and hard to find parts. no complaints on anything I've ever ordered

28. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I will add, that if I had a business, I would hope my customer service was as good as Kanters.... Look at all these positive responses, only one question and it was after a 5 year old sale.

WoW, they realy would make a great business model to mirror.

ps: only one guy would consider Twilightzone for their baby... I guess...

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

red is one of MANY color choices and it makes it damn easy for me to see when somebody quotes my posts as I scan a thread that I had earlier posted on.

it is all about saving time

30. I've used them since the early 90's on personal and customers cars, never had a problem.