Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best looking 4drs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog Dish Deluxe, Mar 19, 2012.

1. devilleish

devilleish

Umm... What? '57 IMPALAS? 409s?

2. devilleish

devilleish

I love my '62 Rambler Classic wagon's roofline.
    I drive a somewhat O/T Wagoneer (sure it's an '89 but it was designed before '62) that has been lowered 5" and converted to 2wd.

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I bought my car for the exact same reason. I decided to sell the hotrod because well.....it was a hot rod.. loud, smelly, and cramped. The exact opposite of what you want when you have a kid in a carseat. So the fact that I couldn't take me kid with me really cut down on my seat time.

I actually hunted for my moredoor. And I'm happy with what I found. Even if Desotos arent cool:cool:

4. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

There is a difference between a cool old car and traditional hot rod or custom material.

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

bottom line is everyone should drive what they like and enjoy; despite what people hiding behind online screenames want to say. Enjoy your car and drive the hell out of it. Thats why we all own them.

I've learned that the term "traditional" is about as vague and non-descriptive as the term "normal." What is "normal"? What is "Traditional"? The fact is that not one person on the HAMB can pinpoint it. Sure there are the obvious little things that deem a car traditional (bias-ply tires?) but i'm talking stylistic wise. The fact is that everyone here will have a different opinion as to what traditional is. The bottom line is that much more than 2 door ford coupes were built back in the day and every region in this country had it's own "styles" and types of builds. Most builds were built with what kids had access too; and yes, that includes 4 doors of all types.

Unless you grew up in that era from any region in this country than you dont have any place to be telling someone whats traditional or not. Eveyone's opinion of that term will be different. Moral of the story; drive the hell out of your 4 door and be proud. Don't listen to the party pooper HAMB police who like to chime in and B*%$# just because they can.

6. I agree w/ monkey 59 60 impalas!!

7. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I agree with that! I had one a few years ago, it was a Roadmaster Riviera 75 that had every possible factory option including the trailmaster spotlights. It was actually more optioned than a Limited, which was the top of the line model. It's kinda cool that Buick had stuff like power everything, and heated seats all the way back in the 50's. That car is somewhere in Tennesee getting fully restored by some old man. He didn;t beleive me that the spotlights were a factory option so he took them off and threw them away. The lowrider guys pay thosands of dollars for those things. And he was super disgusted that I converted it to a dual master cylinder and 'flaked the top! It was hilarious.

8. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I agree with this too. read it.

9. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Jesus H. just let it go, half the threads you post in you just have to argue your opinion to the end of the world and ruin the thread.

You sir hit the nail on the head.

10. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

the people who post all over the 4 door threads claiming they arn't traditional and yadda yadda yadda are the thread ruiners. the rest of us were enjoying cool cars until the know-it-alls chimed in. carry on.

11. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Here's another of my four door cars that I think is a well designed four door model. 1961 Imperial LeBaron Southampton.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

^^ that is stunning.

13. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Going thru this thread, I've seen something that I have never understood on 4 doors and Wagons; Taking the rear door handles off and leaving the front ones on. To me, it takes away from the beauty of the car and tells me that you are trying to make the car look like a 2 door. Not trying to offend anyone but it seems to me the car would look much better if all door handles are left on or all door handles are taken off. Just taking the back ones off makes no sense to me. :confused:

One of my favorite 4 doors is the 1936-1937 Cord.

Attached Files:

14. dmikulec

dmikulec

Very nice. Exner at his finest! :cool:

15. Thats it. The thought never once crossed my mind to make the car a two door, i just like the look of the quarter windows better on a coupe. I have a family now so this will work out better anyway.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Then you have missed out, the last 2 years were much more like the first 4 or so. Ryan did an awesome job of reigning it back in.

bingo...

Yep, this guy has some of that there reading comprehension stuff that they used to teach in schools. :D

17. bagged63impala

bagged63impala

here is my 4 door.
    its not much to look at right now.

[​IMG]

18. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Everybody that's posted in this thread is right... In their own mind.

19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

WTF? Never made a 1957 Impala, and never had a 409 in 1957 either? :eek:

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have a 49 Chevy coupe. I wanted a 4 door to match so I could add all the accessories that were available. I bought the one in my profile because it was a 4 door. I would have passed if it were a 2 door sedan even though it had all the accessories on it already. either that or bought it and removed all the ad ons and sold it after cruising for a while and continued my search.

I was not confused at all. I knew exactly what I wanted. if I ever finish my coupe and fall into a bunch of money again I will buy another 49 4 door.

unless somebody has messed them up, I think all cars made before like 1960 are cool. 2 door, 4 door... who cares?

21. Ah yes, but you already have a coupe. Ha ha.

22. Frank_Ice

Frank_Ice

I know it's been posted before but a 1959 Impala Sports Sedan AKA a flat top is my fav!
    [​IMG]

23. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm partial...

[​IMG]

C'mon you two...

[​IMG]

24. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Anyone have a fenderless A model more door?

25. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Heres my favorite, even as a 4dr makes 99% of our 2drs look like shit. All hail the El Morocco.

Attached Files:

26. Cub8556

Cub8556

Big pillerless Buicks!

[​IMG]

27. I'm not buyin' it.

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

To each their own, but something about the centered pillar and that rear mock vent window seems to deflate the greenhouse a bit.

-Dave

Attached Files:

29. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

A lot of the guys building bombs prefer 4drs over 2drs when it comes to the pre 50's iron. And no, it's NOT O/T because bombs have been around just as long as rods a kustoms.

Attached Files:

30. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.