Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best looking 4drs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog Dish Deluxe, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Been here a lot longer than a few months home slice. Been an Aliance member for a few months. Have you ever even been to the drags? Or do you do all of your racing with your keyboard. Go outside and weld something.

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

zman owns a hot rod build & fabrication shop. He's younger than I am, and he's been elbow deep in this stuff a lot longer than a lot of the keyboard cowboys that come on here.

Now how about knocking off with the pissing contest and maybe you could learn something. :rolleyes:

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Your join date says 12-23-2011 that's only a could months. I do know how to cipher. :roll eyes: Hell here's your intro. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654966

4 months is a long time.

And I've been to every HAMB drags but I think 2. Have you? lol

You sure got your panties in a bunch over all of this. But I still stand by what I said.

4. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

2x !!!!!

5. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

1959 gm 4-door flat tops are tops!

Attached Files:

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

lets stop belly-aching and move on. Zman; you know just as well as anyone else here that 4 doors were built back in the day and they are very much just as traditional as any 2 door. Say what you want but its the truth. We are all in agreeance that 2 doors will always more popular than 4 doors; there's no doubt about that, but saying that 4 doors arn't traditional is just plain lies. Now lets move on and enjoy the photos. Keep them coming.

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Not like they are being built now, they were few and far between. But certainly a stock 4 door is not a "traditional hot rod or custom". And you still like to run your mouth and stick your foot in it. You don't get and you never will. Just enjoy your grandma's car.

8. kingpins

kingpins

grandmas car hahaha. i remember my first four door.........couldnt afford a 2 door. didnt waste my time or money fixing it up, drove it till it died. fun to pile my buddies in a go to zmans shop and leave with the back seat full of zmans shop shirts.

9. yardgoat

yardgoat

Great thread !!! I had a few i always liked but i havent seen one on this thread i didnt like,Thanks guys for posting and maybe i can get my 64 4dr Dodge Polara on here.Im all beat up and love the 4dr,s,now 55 yr ago i would turn my head but now ,WOWeeee................YG

10. I can live with mine.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
  11. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

Best Looking 4-drs....hhhhhhmmmmmm. Well. It would have to be 57 chevy sportsedan(4-dr hardtop). Next would be the flat roof gms of 59-60. Thats my opinion. Also who cares how many doors a car has. If it is what a person wants then it dont matter. They got ugly 4-drs for sure..and they got ugly 2-doors too. I choose 4-drs because they are cheap,I can cut them up and have fun with them for minimun cash outlay .Tim

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I wasnt referencing any of my posts to our car. I was just making a statement. And who's running who's mouth here? oh right; thats you again.

13. eeluddy

eeluddy

cord westchester

Attached Files:

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I think Nads said it best...

it was nice and quiet while you were gone, I guess all that I'm leaving drama was just a pack of lies...

15. They had suicide doors too. You definately don't hardly ever see them. Super cool for sure.

16. Here's mine. Bought it when I was 19 in 1998, Chopped it in 2000, even before the "dickmeat deluxe". Have never got it on the road, 'cause I would be ashamed to drive a four door. Ha ha. Guess I should have left the front handles on so it would be "trad". Ha ha.

[​IMG]

17. ^^^^ Very nice looking Merc....WOW!!!! Chop look so good,love rear window area.

18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Its seems HAMBrs nowadays want to morph this place into what suits thier personal tastes. Most of em just dont get it! As far as 4 doors, I drive 2drs, but I'd take the right 4 door no problem, they are still cooler than 99 percent of the shit driving around my town anyways. Shaving just the back door handles seems like a waste of time. If your gonna do it do it right, and shave them all. I dont see removing two handles while leaving the others "cleans" anything up, Not in my eyes at least. BTW That 4 door merc up ther looks damn good, if he would have only left those front door handles, the lines would be so much cleaner... ha

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  19. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Well now you're startin' to sound like gramma. If we built our cars with a logical mindset and didn't do anything to them that didn't make sense, then they'd look just like they did when they rolled off the assembly line!
    The whole point of building a hot rod is to do things differently than what was the norm, and hopefully even turn a few heads at the same time. I could have stuck with the stock flathead 4 cyl. if I wanted to just build a driver. I wanted to build something personalized, and shaving the rear door handles is just another of many things I did to personalize my car for myself.
    Sounds like you might be better off buying a new car, and just leave it like you bought it if making pointless changes isn't your cup of tea.

20. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I still dont see where anybody said building a 4-door wasn't traditional.. which seems to be one of the arguements. I just saw a few people say they personally wouldn't build one.. and I feel the same way.

However, there are good looking 4 doors, there are butt-ugly 4 doors.. there are cooler 2 doors.. and some less than desireable 2-doors.

I dont care if somebody builds a 4 door, that just means one more two door for those who insist on them... like me :D

21. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I've been to every hamb drags but the last two. The last couple years haven't been my cup of tea with all the commercialization and what not. I dug it a lot more when it was still a grass roots thing. Sorry I didn't have time to respond to all your shit talking, I've been outside fabricating all day.

22. 1967gtafb

1967gtafb

Look Guys n Girl's 1957 Chevy Impala W a 409 2 DR Nice driver 25K -30K 1957 Chevy Impala 409 4DR 10 to really Nice 2+15k Same Car!!!!! I see it coming just for Ease of entry for older folks W friends!!! But the 2DR will always be the best. So I will own a 4DR for my Kids and a 2DR for me and the Girl Both Kool but different tastes My MOM 73 Love's the 4DR... Me and the girl 2DR.

23. Thanks man...and for the record, I would still rather have a coupe. I wanted one my whole life. I could just afford this one, and I did my best to make it look more like a coupe. Most people who defend four doors are confused, if they were offered their same car in the two door model, they would snatch it up. Tell me I'm wrong four door whores.

24. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I'm a Buick guy, so I've gotta throw my vote to the '58 Roadmaster. Man, if I could just get my hands on one of my own, it would probably be the last rod I ever built.

OK, that's just silly. How 'bout ONE OF the last rods I ever built...

25. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Then mark me down as one of the few...

I've actually been looking for a late 40s to early 50s Chevy for quite some time now. I finally bought my 53 this past Friday. Believe it or not, I wanted a four door. I've had two doors all my life, and now I'm a Daddy who doesn't want his little crumb-snatcher crawling over the interior to get in and out, and I plan on making some memories for my son with this car.

Had to be a four door. This time...

26. That is funny and true.
    I have always loved four doors as well but i dont like when owners do whatever they can to make it a 2 door,especially on mercs.I dig the four doors when they are four doors,stock or chopped.Yours has a nice chop on it and I know you would love a coupe but .... your roof looks killer.

27. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

actually i prefer our car in 4 door form. the 2 doors just looks short and the lines dont flow like the 4 doors. the 4 doors provide a longer roof and a much better balance between the hood and the ass-end. the 4 doors look killer lowered a few inches to dimish the amount of space between the car and the road. The two door versions just arn't as "eye-appealing" if you ask me. I love that Merc of yours. That thing deserves to be on the road...WOW!

28. Tuxedo

Tuxedo

I love flatops, any wagon, and the Fleetlines. I've even come to love my '61 Imperial... I actually like the lines better then the 2 door version.

29. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

The boxy '49-'52 MoPars were exactly the example I was going to cite for vehicles that look better with four doors.

Early ('60-'61) Falcons and Comets too. The roof ends up looking too high on the two-door cars. It can be remedied, but out of the gate, the four-door looks better.

-Dave

30. dmikulec

dmikulec

The best looking? My Newport sedan and my OT '66 Impala wagon, of course. But then, I am a bit biased. :D :cool: