Register now to get rid of these ads!

It amazes me what folks throw away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scrounger, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Scrounger

Scrounger

I have gotten in pretty good w the local recycler and since hes just two miles away I stop in about everyday to see whats been brought in.I got there about 45 min before closing,made my round and was headed back to the truck when I spotted this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It not perfect by any means and its missin a few things but for $4.60(23 lbsX.20 per lbs) I couldnt pass it up.I was barely thru the door w it before my 12yo laid claim to it.I cant believe anybody would think its a good ideal to scrap it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Ya but is it a real "SS"??:D:rolleyes:

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

You can find the hubcaps and windshield frame for that fairly easily.Cool score!

4. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

Holy awesomeness. I would of loved to had one of those as a kid.

But like you said it's crazy what you find in the trash.

When I was in school, the autoshop got all the reject from the school so everything to get throwed out got sent to the autoshop first. Needless to say, everyweek I came home with a pickup truck load of stuff.

The best thing I grabbed was about 100 service manuals. Brakes, suspension, engines, trans. Anything on a car I got a service manual for, all the way from 60's to late 90's. Even a dozen or so machine shop tech manuals. They had multiple copies of them but I grabbed a copy of each because that was all that would fit in the truck bed. The rest went in the dumpster...Kind of sad really.

5. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

titling it could be a problem,:D
    cool- never the less!

6. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

8. afaulk

afaulk

Please just don't put those 20" wheels on it! I like it.

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

numbers matching???

10. Is that a stick shift on the right side...COOl...

11. clockwork31

clockwork31

open headers and stick shift cool!

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

My neighbor makes his living recycling "crap" people throw away. He picks up and re sells working appliances all day long. I mean people just chunk stuff thats still works, it amazes me.

13. bentbaggerlen

bentbaggerlen

14. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Along time ago One of my neighbors about a block up .Throwing a 55 chevy car hood away,300 dollar score,Post some more guys,And nice toy car ,,,

15. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

That is amazing. Doesn't even look beat up! The beat up ones go for over $100 here! my brother and I are currently hauling piece by piece an entire pedestrian overpass to the scrap yard. It was put on a farm, all stacked neatly over 20 years ago. I'm talking I beams, channel, plates and even the fencing. The guy that owns the property now wants it all gone.

16. Bart78

Bart78

I run the landfill for our city We take no household trash but everything else and people throw away all kinds of crap.

17. Keep

Keep

That thing is pretty sweet. Nice save and yeah it amazes me as well at what some folks will toss.

18. Man, that will be sweet when refinished.

I picked up a "taco bandit" scooter at a scrap yard when i was around 12, of course that was a long while back. But it amazed me anyone would scrap it.

P.S, didnt take a whole afternoon to get running either!

19. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

I like the way they used to add details like the side exhuast, luggage rack, and stick shift. Very cool. Nice score!

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Fred Sanford would have kicked Lamonts ass for passing that up.

21. n847

n847

Damn...Nice score! I've been watching those at auction for years now for my kids and I've seen ones in that condition go for over 200 dollars on a good day! That being said I'll give you your money back for it! :0

22. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

They weren't throwing it away. China made the best offer.

23. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

I blame guys wives for thowing perfectly good stuff away. They always want the latest new thing. Buddies of mine have given me stuff they don't want to throw away like ceiling fans. light fixtures, 2 year old sectional couch with fold out bed & recliner. I'm not real poor, but free is good.

24. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

25. fleetside66

fleetside66

What makes it even more unbelievable is that fact that we're saturated with shows like Antiques Road Show, Pickers, Pawn Stars, etc. You'd think John Q. Public would be wise. It's quite unbelievable. That's a helluva find....good for you!

26. Scrounger

Scrounger

Ill never tell.:D

It'll be a wall hanger,my sons already got a spot picked out.
    It's gonna get a soapy bath and thats all.

Yep.
    I deal in used 4wd parts for a livin so Im always lookin for stuff to buy/sell but I always keep the good stuff for myself.
    Sad to say but my moneys more on somebody needin a pill versus the wife sayin it has to go.

Brand new as last Oct.

Yeah a few years ago before pickers and PS came on my son showed an interest in antiques and anything that could potentialy keep his interest and keep him out of trouble Im gonna encourage so we've gotten into the antique thing pretty heavy.He's wanted one for a while but the price was never right.

27. thechopperguy

thechopperguy