Register now to get rid of these ads!

yblock292 Builds a '51 Ford Kustom!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drjones96, Dec 19, 2011.

1. yblock292

yblock292

Might have to look into that, Yea the entire Harness clan are really fine people. Hard to beat!

2. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought that you were going to start a new trend. ;) Happy New Year to the kats up north.
    We're working on Travis truck today.. Truck is going to look very kool, we've lowered it over
    6 inches... Hell yah! Stay tune for pics

Happy Trails, Mick

3. What's wrong with whitewalls? I've had WWs on every hot rod I ever owned. Gotta have WWs. Hub caps with big bullets on them works real good also. Also the low thing works for me. Lookin good Jack.:D
    Later,
    Dick

By the way HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU GUYS.

4. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks Dick, and yes you're right! She will be wearing WW's! Happy new year to you all!

5. yblock292

yblock292

started fitting the 65 t-bird rear wrap-around seats to her today, anyone got some pix of the fit? Looks to me that i need to cut the seat frames to keep the vertical pleats on the side straight, the lower back seat frames hit the forward end of the fender wells if i try and keep everything straight up and down on the sides below the rear window. I do want to make my rear windows work by slanting the track to match the angle of the "B" pillers, looks like it should work.Gonna make a template of the glass and notch out the structure on the bottom, aft rear window to see if it will actually work, but think it will! We'll see, more to follow

6. Stopped by Jacks house just in time to see a pile of scraps on the ground. :D

He had his front end blasted.

Attached Files:

7. yblock292

yblock292

Now what the hell do i do with all this stuff?

8. Well, don't leave it out in the rain...that's for sure....

9. teddyp

teddyp

amen a real hot rod

10. yblock292

yblock292

Hey Teddy, I'm running a yblock in my model a coupe, flatheads in a couple of other cars, but wanted this to be a good driver so i put the 265 in her. Had 200 miles on her when i drove to Austin a few years ago, don't have to worry about water pumps and stuff on the road.

11. Progress Report Time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. gonmad

gonmad

Very cool Jack!! Can't wait to see it in person!

13. yblock292

yblock292

nice shots Brian, got a ways to go but coming along. Will finish the wiring and stuff then back to chris at chaotic customs for the rest of the body work.

14. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks Jimmy, got a ways to go, got the new 302 and AOD for her, still got stuff to get for her, rear bag stuff, air tank, compressor and all that but coming along. Wanna have her done this year, trying!

15. Thanks Jack! It really is gonna be a kool ride!

16. Bump for morning crowd

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow you are getting after it!! I thought when you retired you would just be
    fishing at your pond all day. The profile of the chop top is soo kool. You have
    been blessed to drive a Hub Harness chop top. Thanks for posting the progress
    pics.

Happy Trails, Mick

18. yblock292

yblock292

Wanted to add that our buddy Doug Reed 49toad took all the shots of the top being chopped at Hub's, Doug took over 300 action packed shots plus after i got the car home came out and shot some more. Doug's a real pro at this stuff and has had a lot of his pix published in some of the leading rags, he is planning to cover this build from the start to the finish. Plans are to finish wiring and plumbing for rear bags, get it back to chris at Chaotic Customs for final paint and glass here in a month or so.

19. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Can't wait to take a ride with ya in it my friend! I will probably never have a truly kool Kustom but I can at least ride in my friends' rides :)

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love Doug Reed's photos of the chop top. Are you going to keep the dashlight?
    The zip tie is a nice touch. ;)

21. yblock292

yblock292

Yes it will be polished with a damn long extention cord!Remember its a kustom!

22. yblock292

yblock292

Next years road trips will be fun in it.

23. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Looking good and coming right along! I agree with the Mr. Harness chop. It doesn't get any better than that in my book. He's a legend. But so are you! Cool stuff.

24. Lookin' great Jack! Good to see the update pics. Man, that's gonna be nice 'un!!

25. mace69

mace69
    from mass

Looks great man! Keep at it.

26. yblock292

yblock292

Thanks you guys!

27. yblock292

yblock292

OK, heres the deal, building the car as a 60's kustom, but the final color is kickin my ass. Started out as a light lavender, went to a siver base light blue lavender, to a darker blue silver blue with a lavender tint, to a darker blue, want a solid color, driving me NUTZ! we are real close to paintin the firewall so i gotta make up my mind. Help!

28. pink its your color lol

29. gonmad

gonmad

Lavender......isn't that what girls call purple?!!! LOL!!
    Hmmm.....trying to think of a color that hasn't been done a billion times!!

(says the guy with a red 69 Camaro!!)

30. skoh73

skoh73

Just read the whole thread. Man, that is THE perfect chop and it looks gorgeous. Before you decide on shooting it in lavender, look at this car- I think it's too much- http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688231&highlight=would+you+buy+this

I saw a really gorgeous car at Milwaukee WOW this year, can't remember what it was but early 60's. It's color was PPG Rose Mist Metallic and it was just flat out classy. This is the only pic I could find- http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...GT7GYGue-8AGF2unDCA&ved=0CHYQ9QEwBTgK&dur=135