Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Ride'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave50, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Dave50

Dave50

I am not having this morning...... that i want to be on,

How many of you have a car that`s not done but have that urge to be cruising right now?

I really want to be out today in my car, you know the feeling you get when your out cruising well i haven`t had that since jan 14 th and i am jonesen for it. I need to get my car back together How many of you are close?? Some of you may have 2 cars good for you but i don`t. I got to get busy... How much longer before your car is done

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. coupemerc

coupemerc

I know exactly what you mean. I'm trying to finish up a new motor for mine. See you out there soon Dave.

3. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I'm thrashing for May 5th (Torque Fest)! It's gonna go down to the wire....

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One reason it has never really been finished was that as soon as it was drivable I quit working on it and just drove the wheels off it.

After weeks of rotten weather it sure looks like a nice day to take a rod or custom for a cruise and I don't have one running to go for a cruise today.

5. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me. :(

Made the mistake (?) of tearing apart a nice drivin' old car last fall, just so I could replace the smooth little 6 with a nice V-8 and its trademark rumble, and upgrade the brakes.

Now, I've got the front sheet metal off and am thinking about starting some bodywork and paint as well. How dumb is that???

Not that it didn't need the work done, just hate to be without a driveable car. But that's just more incentive to get it back together. Everybody who builds or re-builds a car goes through that I guess....

Spent a few days in Fitchburg about 6 years ago, training session at Vytek (the laser place) Really neat area, would love to get back there again sometime. Wanted to smuggle some Wachussett Brewing Company beverages on the plane but they told me that would be a no-no!

6. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Got two of 'em in progress, sold the driver coupe last fall. Wish I had it back now......

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Dave, at least you got yours out in Jan!! My last ride was Halloween!
    My roadster is still in pieces and I had alot of ideas I will probably forego to get it driving again!

8. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I haven't driven my car in 13+ years. So yeah, I'm itching.

9. Dave50

Dave50

CoupeMerc what are you putting in?? Keep intouch would like meet up, are you going to The early ford show @ the airport in fitchburg?

Stevie Ik what ya mean I`ll be doing the same thing for April 22nd waiting for parts and still have to assemble my motor when i get them but thats usually easy for me BUT i decided to go outside the box a little :cool:

MR48 thats a very smart thing IMO everytime i take something apart i seem to try to make it better and better you know reinvent the wheel type things lol Not the best thing to do

Terryk My problem exactly and i have been busy at work so working 7 to 8-9 at night not lots of time to spend on mine and then theres the thing called money:)

modela that sucks pick one and get-er-done

Slick yeah i am cause if i didnt take that ride i may have not taken motor apart and been doing it during spring summer and missed alot more .... see ya soon

Blacktop that has to suck but all worth when its done

10. coupemerc

coupemerc

Yes, I'll be at the Fitchburg meet. It kind of kicks off the season for me. New motor is a 287, PP heads, 10/1 cr, comp cam and three Stromberg 48's. See ya.

11. starting body work, plan to finish that in about 3 weeks, then prime, paint, reunite the body and the chassis (which is all done), then wiring, plumbing, glass, seats, bolts & fasteners re-check, fire up, tune, alignment.....then drive on my 65th birthday July 17.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh man more then you know. It's been in the 80's for weeks now and my heap is still on jackstands. So close I can taste it!!! Hopefully it'll come with me to the roundup....if not it'll be running soon.

13. Dave50

Dave50

Coupe cool cya there.

Goodluck nvveerdone post some pics

JJ keep plugging you get there

14. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Hey Dave, you know my story better than everybody except me and Scott. Did you finish up my motor yesterday ?? For the rest of you we gotta put in the rebuilt motor, locate the hair pin and shock mounts with the new dropped axle and Lincoln brakes . Install the new bell housing, clutch, flywheel, pedals, muncie w/ shifter and steering column. Then put the radiator, grill shell, headlight bar and hood on.

15. All this great weather in New England over the last week has all of us wanting to go for a ride. I've been working on mine for 5 years and still haven't gone for a ride yet. I hope to get it out for a ride by the end of summer!

16. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

My car was so close to being finally FINISHED... and ready have the crap driven out of it, but the hood flew open while going 80 mph and delayed that dream a bit. Mine still runs obviously, but it stings that it was so close to being finished and pretty :(

17. Dave50

Dave50

Brett it`s real close I have a nice pic for you i can post if you want?? Should be done by noon tomorrow, Oh I am throwing out your pushrods i`ll actually save them for you but there coming apart not goingto take any chances.

TFoch I hear ya and i hope you get a rdie or two in its become a nessescity for me again to drive it once a week.

51streamliner that sucks bigtime even though its ugly drive it enjoy yourself

18. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Oh i drive it... its my only means of transportation!

19. Me too. That's how mine started about 5 years ago. I was just going to fix a few things then drive it. It sould be back on the road in the next few months.

It was such a nice day here I had to take it for a drive around the block. No glass, no lights, no plates and no trunk lid.:D

20. Dave50

Dave50

51streamliner thats great

kan`t spell I am afraid thats what will happen with mine so i need to becareful.

21. F&J

F&J

At least mine all run and can be yard driven...and I do drive them around the yard lately because I need to drive at least a little bit.

This car better be ready for the road this season or I will be having a fire sale :D

Mixing laquer test colors last night... I want color paint for the road

Attached Files:

22. Dave50

Dave50

Frank theres no reason you cant make it to the airport with it c`mon i am busting arse trying to get mine there for you even with out paint etc the mechanical is close right bring it :)