Register now to get rid of these ads!

mehh...my build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zaq, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Zaq

Zaq

Well I got a few minutes so this will be short so bare with me, this isnt going to be no high tech fancy stuff like some of the amazing builds on here.
    Its my first build ever, hopefully the first out of many many more to come...Im only 21, I got time.

Well i started off with this piece...
    [​IMG]

It was a very solid 42 cab on a 47 chassis.
    I sold the chassis, engine, and front end and just kept the cab.

Then pulled out some blades..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Started puttin together a frame of sorts...
    [​IMG]

Started turning into something finally...
    [​IMG]

Well months went by and got alot more done, then this January till now all of this has happened....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And as she sits right now basicaly...
    [​IMG]

So, its not the most beautiful nicest thing around but I like her...it has its problems but so does everyone. :cool:

Cant wait to drive it. Which should hopefully be happening this weekend, and then it should be sitting around at Torquefest this year...

Fire away men.

2. slowmotion

slowmotion

Wow, great job!!

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I gotta at least say a couple of your steering components scare the hell out of me.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, major project - overall looks very good - hoping that still in mock stage and will finish up front suspension/steering/etc

5. Purportions look good. Not crazy about the black and blue.

6. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Sweet.

I see you're using Bondo. Now try Rage. Pricier, allbeit, but NIGHT AND DAY.

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x10

either get a dropped steering arm for the spindle or flip the pitman arm on the box

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He can't flip the pitman arm but he could build a z'd or stepped drag link and or drop the steering arm a bit. I don't think the current setup would fly with any inspector anywhere in the western world.

After looking at it again I'd drop the steering arm a couple of inches or as far as I could drop it and call it good.

i happen to like the color combination and thought it was a slick little truck since it showed up on your avatar.

9. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

It's a good first build and for what it is the proportions are right on.

10. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I was mostly concerned about the exposed chain setup. Any body deflection or a small rock, etc. could mean disaster.

11. Zaq

Zaq

Theres friction shocks up front now.

yea, i started with bondo, ended using Rage.

That picture does make it look very low. But I will get some more pictures soon. It isnt that low now (if thats why you are saying do that), I raised the suspension up a little, and it does drop down from the spindle a bit. Im not worried.

And as far as the steering goes, its essentially the Steer Clear box, just home made. All the parts, chain, gears, etc are all industrial strength pieces. I know its not the best way to go, and I wish I would have done something else, but with the space I had there wasnt many options, but I think it should do fine.
    Ill try to get some better pictures of it all soon.

Thanks guys.

12. Zaq

Zaq

And yes Im planning on making a clear box around it...

13. raidmagic

raidmagic

Nice work. I like the color scheme.

14. it's the 3" long bolt/spacer between the steering arm and the drag link. A "Z" in the steering arm or, second choice (not as good) a "Z" in the drag link. The bolt/ s[acer thing can't take the fore/aft pressure and will bend/break