Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida 2012 - Returns to Garlits Museum of Drag Racing!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

So is it 8:00 or is it9:00 ? I'm looking at my registration right now and it say's 8 am Gates open {no early bird's}

2. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

Ben did a great job on that promo for the event. He's been to most of the Billetproof events. Can't beat a 7 min clip on NBC in the 14th largest TV market. We've been friends since high school.

3. Rise and shine kids! Let's roll!

4. THEKID49

THEKID49

We are leaving in about 10 minutes. See everybody up there.

5. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

C-ya shortly fellas!!!

6. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

Leaving for the cruise north in a few min...what a great day its gonna be..see you guys and gals..

Rooster

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I feel like a truck ran over me, we were at the shop until about 3 getting last minute stuff done and I didn't fall asleep till 4. :eek: But it's a great day for a roadster ride with 5 hours of open headers for music, that and some Mc Donalds coffee should wake me up. :D

See you guys there !

Don

8. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

Off like a prom-dress, c yall in about 3-4 hours!!!

9. spgill2000

spgill2000

Just a heads up, the Silver Princess Motel has a few vacancies left for those of you that are winging it for a place to stay...$50/night. It's 10 min from the show.

Silver Princess Motel
    3041 South Pine Ave. Ocala, Fl

10. 59 brook

59 brook

nice day for the ride up but a bad accident on 95 had us stuck for an hour . hit the no where for an hour or so . see you guys in the am

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Crazy good times.

12. Kenny P

Kenny P

Yes it was!!!

:)

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Whenever you can get that many people into one place and have an event that is like a bunch of old friends getting together, it speaks very hightly of the organizers and also the participants. There wasn't even a hint of anything but people having a great time and sharing their passion for all things mechanical. Hats off to all who attended and made this what the Billetproof events have become famous for.

I am totally fried, both from sun and exhaustion. 500 miles round trip in an open car in a day and a half has taken it's toll. Can't wait to see the pictures everyone posts and to see the cars that won all the beautiful, creative trophies.

Don

14. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

It was great to see old pals again and just a beautiful day to be outdoors. Lots of cars I've not seen before and the bands kicked ass. Glad the show is back at Garlits place too.

15. Great show again , thanks!!!!

Someones Olds was on fire when we drove to st Pete beach after a hot day in Billetproof :( Hambber?

16. 6-71

6-71

I saw that video on the news when I got back from Billetproof.I thought it was a 54 chevy,but only got a quick look at it.They said the car was unocupied,pulled off to the side of the road when it was engulfed in flames.The fire was on the Howard Frankland bridge near St.Pete.

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

oH no, so sad

18. Could it have been oneqwkfbody? He has a 4 door Olds and would have been coming back to Pinellas County over the bridge... He lives near me.

Attached Files:

19. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

20. Choptop

Choptop

it was one of the Burghounds cars... got a message from Anthony on my cell phone about it... will get the follow up story today... but everyone is OK... the car? Not so much.

21. SIC98

SIC98

Wow, glad everyone is ok, stinks about their car though... Thanks to Alan, the Swamp Kings, and of course Big Daddy for a great show and a good time, the bands were awesome, and of so were the pin-up girls!!! See ya at the drags in Oct...Brian

22. oneqwkfbody

oneqwkfbody

Unfortunately that WAS ME that burned up on the way home. crossing the bridge, i started to smell something burning, and then i saw smoke in the rear passenger area behind the front seat. as soon as i pulled over, i got out and she lit right up. all i could do was watch her burn,

i think the driveshaft was rubbing the floor board and heated it up, as i had lowered the car driving over the bridge....it heated the carpet and ignited a fire. when it hit the seats, it was all over. i lost my phone, and some billetproof memorabilia in the fire. (poster and goodie bag were in the back seat ),

i had a GREAT Time at the show, and WILL RETURN next year...in something. i feel lucky to be alive, but very stupid for having let something so avoidable have happened.

overall i am counting my blessings that i was able to go home that night and kiss my wife and kids goodnight....
    i will start a thread showing the carnage. thanks to the guys from the shakers, tubbs, and the drummer from the hodaddys for your concerns.

also...thanks for this HAMB for helping me enjoy "nadine" for 6 years, and instilling my love for hot rods....

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Oh, man. That's really bad, sorry to hear about it. But you seem to have the right attitude, you went home to the family safe and sound. Cars can be rebuilt, and I bet you will be right back in the saddle soon.

Salvage what you can and start over.

Don

24. Choptop

Choptop

PM me with your info and we'll get you some replacement Billetproof swag out to ya.

25. SIC98

SIC98

Oh Man, sorry to hear about "Nadine", hopefully you can salvage the motor for a future project...Brian

26. I see you in a Olds Powered T with the grill bar for a rear pushbar... named "The Phoenix"

27. Dallas

Dallas
    from Tampa Fla

SO sorry to hear about your loss. Your ride on fire is NO joke, I know the feeling all to well. Fortunately, mine was salvageable. If I may post a couple pics?
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1333722321.483305.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1333722332.651962.jpg