Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest New Discovery Show - Jesse James Returns to TV With Austin Speed Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Crunch, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The experts have spoken.
    Now for the man who actually has real insight into the show, Jesse James..what say you?

2. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

And why would you watch this show with a "dick up"????

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

I don't like jumping into drama threads but I will say this: After watching A.S.S. build threads and seeing the fun they have with each other, I hope it captures that and avoids the scripted stuff.

I wish them all the best of luck. It's a great opportunity for them.

4. Clik

Clik

As lame as Monster Garage was with Armored Golf Ball Pickers, Hot Rod Zambonis, etcetera, you guys tuned in to every episode because Midgets, Machine Guns and Motorized anything is better than Amerian Idol, Dancing with the Stars, or Kardashian Konstipation.

Who said they'd pay to see Jesse punch Paulie Junior's face in and where do I contribute?

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Its easy to come on and dog on Jesse to sound cool or whatever but the bottom line is ASS is full of guys who love Hot Rods more than anyone and it shows in their dedication and knowledge. I'm proud to know these guys and hope everybody enjoys watching what they can do.

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Well said!

8. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Once the tv crew see how long it really takes to build a few parts for it ,they will lose interest fast hang out all week and get 20 minutes worth of show . good luck to the crew at A.S.S.

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

Bleed, get ready, buddy - you're going to be selling a s-ton of music!

10. erlomd

erlomd

Can't wait...who cares if the show sucks or not...I'm interested in the cool hotrods that will be shown in the background most of the time.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

If the show is done correctly, and a few kids find out you can make a buck building stuff by hand, and save Mom & Dad the $200,000 they will piss away on college then it is a show worth watching IMO. Bob

12. Philbilly

Philbilly

I hope it works out! Can't wait for the show!

13. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

What he said ^^^

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Didn't Jesse post a "How-to" video here some time back? I tried to search for it with no joy, but I seem to recall some sort of direct, man and workbench making a part kinda presentation. If the new show is like that, I'm all in. But if it's just more prefab shouting contests, contrived plots and stupid short deadlines with missing parts and such, I'll only watch the first episode. Hoping for fun and to learn stuff. Gary

15. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Silly names,
    Silly faces,
    Always seen in public places.

16. richie rebel

richie rebel

yep,i hope the show is about building hotrods with no bullshit deadlines,etc,etc, i think jesse is very good fabman,hope the show is a hit

17. And since many of us know or have least met some of the crew over the years I wish them luck and great fortune!

18. Jesse's stunt double ;)

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

Did he?

I must have missed that...

The closest I've seen to a Tech Thread or a How To was a link to his own site, where he said there was one.

20. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I wish them ALL the best. Jesse is a metal master and the Austin Speed Shop has turned out some really good stuff.

Bring on some GOOD shows with real Hot Rods....

21. As has been said, drama sells the shows. Really sad given the talent all of these guys have. Having said that, shows that are about talent generally end up as instructional dvd's...

Jeff

22. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Just hope the show works theres not to much for car guys to watch on tv..

23. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

Sounds like it's gonna be a great show!

24. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I hope it comes to Britain soon, looks like a cool show as we all Austin Speed Shop is damn cool!

Nick.

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

26. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Very cool a hotrod show with Real hotrodders and plus the A.S.S. crew builds wicked cool cars. Congratulations to the Austin Speed shop super nice guys and hope it runs for twenty years

27. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Exactly what I was thinking..

28. I'll probably watch it, good or bad. I'm a sucker for this kind of TV. Better than Jersey Shore.

29. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I guess although we have been putting Jesse's name to the forefront, there are a lot of very talented people at A.S.S. and it will be nice to see some of what they do. Jesse's forte' is bike building so maybe the show will feature the car builders at that place.

When Jesse decided to become a celebrity he put himself out there for everyone to scrutinize......that comes with the turf. Some people like him, some don't, but he is a very talented fabricator and welder. That can not be taken away from the man. Doesn't mean I have to like him, just respect his good points. He also seems to have a soft spot for animals and kids, so that means something in my book.......not that he would give a damn about what I think. :D

There is a chance this show might actually turn out ok. As was mentioned , there are a few good ones on TV, like Hot Rod TV and a handful more, but there are also a bunch of turds, like My Ride Rules (WTF?) Car Warriors (Although it is SLIGHTLY better this year since the "All Stars" and George and Mad Mike left.) I will be watching and hope we see some stuff we can all enjoy and learn from.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.