Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 Belvedere with a Slant Six

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyfords, Mar 22, 2012.

1. My dad's about to start a 53 Belvedere hardtop project with a hopped up slant six in it.

He's a grouchy old codger who doesn't do computers so I'll be posting photos as he goes along.

He's done all the "normal" hotrods over the years....roadsters, deuces, 40 Fords, etc. and says he wants to do something oddball. I think this fits the bill.

2. Would love to see pictures. I like Plymouths of that vintage.

3. friend just put a slant six in a 52 Belvedere wagon. had to move a section of firewall back 4 inches to use the stock fan. he has plans for 3 two barrel webers

Attached Files:

4. sololobo

sololobo

Sounds like a cool project, love those Belvedere hardtops! Lets see that baby at the start of the project. Those slant sixes are bad ass. --------pix please! ~sololobo~

5. choptvan

choptvan

I am about to do this in my 53 belvedere. It has a binch of work done to it already. Pancaked the roof, extended the quarters, continental kit, but she is a 4 door. But she will be a cool 4 door none thel ess. Good luck with this one. I will be watching

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

If it's a 4 door, it isn't a Belvedere......it's a Cranbrook 4 door, just to quibble over details!:D.

From '51 thru '54 Belvederes are 2 door hardtops. The work to put in a slant six is the same though.........carry on!

Ray

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Very creative project!

Ray

8. few loose bolts

few loose bolts
    from US

Sounds like a very cool project. I'll be anticipating seeing the progress.

9. Pics would help...

10. He hasn't picked up the car yet....he says he'll be doing that in the next couple weeks. I'll be over there taking photos when he does though.

11. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

OH SO your a mopar tease!!! -you mentioned slant 6..then no pictures????:confused:

12. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

lets see some pix!!