Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950-1959 custom interiors... rule of thumb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 6, 2008.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The dude is a member here you know.

"The wise ones fashioned speech with their thought, sifting it as grain is sifted through a sieve." -Buddha

2. cakes

cakes

3. heres the interior in my 47 Ford

Attached Files:

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Matranga Merc was built in 1952. Nick Matranga wanted to buy a new 1951 Merc but by the time he got out of the Navy the 52's were already out. He didn't like the looks of the 52s so he bought a used 51 and took it to Barris for the full custom treatment.

5. U-235

U-235

Matranga Merc was built in 1952. Nick Matranga wanted to buy a new 1951 Merc but by the time he got out of the Navy the 52's were already out. He didn't like the looks of the 52s so he bought a used 51 and took it to Barris for the full custom treatment.

?????????????????????

6. Rusty, I think you are thinking of the Hirohata Merc.

Mick

7. glassratt

glassratt

hehehehe,ya well,I have great respect for his skills....But hes still a DOUSH

8. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Sorry, you are right, I was thinking of Bob Hirohata's Merc. The Matranga job predated it by several years.

9. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Wow.....so clean and just slick:cool:

10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Pinstriped Dashes and garnish moldings:D

Attached Files:

11. Thanks! That's what I'm trying to achieve with my interior. I'm gonna redo my door panels and ad some tuck'n roll in the same pattern and color as the sofas with the same white piping to border to the black. In complete black and white the door panels seems kind of dull compared to the sofas and dashboard. Pictures will be added here as soon as I'm done with the panels

12. Here is a picture of the redone door panels in my shoebox, unfortunately I forgot to take some pictures of the rear door sides and the design on those (they are arching up in a wide arc instead of the 45 degree turn as the front door sides). It really gave the door sides more life then having them flat black with white armrests. I'm going to reinstall the Deluxe door panel trim on my door sides when they arrive from the Netherlands to give the final touch!

[​IMG]

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

My '51 Victoria is done in a very '50's style........the seats are actually out of a '53 Mercury Monterey and it's done in that style.......I think it's pretty representative of what interiors looked like in that early '50's time frame.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CB

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012