Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anyone doin the Hot Rod Power Tour?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustang6147, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Just wondering a little early if anyone is doin it, and gonna post pics???

2. Fuel to burn

Fuel to burn

3. skull

skull

l want to but the fuel prices are stupid here and getting worse, so l am going to stay close to home this year. ( unless l hit the lotto :D)

Later :cool:

4. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

One of the official stops is in Champaign Illinois on the UofI campus! My home town!:)

5. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'm wanting to since its coming to Texas but will just have to wait and see what the fuel prices do. Will be my third.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You are more then welcome to stay here at the house prior to the Power Tour leaving Detroit. That will certainly help with costs. Plus I'll feed and water you at my Pig Roast that Friday night June 1st.:D

7. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Thanks for the offer Denise. Kelly and I should be traveling with another couple so we'll see how it goes with the finances.

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

*pauses*

If I end up with money, yeah.

*resumes scratching lottery tickets*

9. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Well, I was hopin but fuel prices are knockin me out again. I am really lookin for good pics posting.

10. firstgear

firstgear

I am planning on the first couple of days.....traveling from Ohio up to Michigan isn't much of a problem.....Just have to figure out what I want to take..last couple of times I took my 1964 Corvette coupe, maybe this year the 60 Corvette or the 30 Model A......decisions decisions.....:D

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i will probablly do a few legs again

12. firstgear

firstgear

Taking the model A for sure.....See everyone Saturday or Sunday. [​IMG]

13. SixtyFord

SixtyFord

I'll be going. Doing the first two days for sure, and possibly the run from Muskegon to Champaign as well. I'm glad to see some other hambers are going.

14. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I am working some of the tour. Will be at the Proving Grounds on Saturday for sure with "Some Doll" Olds Convertible from my signature. Will likely not be at Muskegen nor the next stop. Will rejoin the tour at St.Louis and take it to Arlington.

I will be with the group that fixes cars for free driving a variety of OT cars from St. Louis to Arlington.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm throwing a pig roast shindig next Friday to celebrate not only the Power Tour coming to town but Sins of Steel and the Grand Prix. If you're in the Metro Detroit area next weekend feel free to stop by. We'll be closing off my street to classic cars only so feel free to bring one knowing you've got a close place to park it.

Friday June 1st
    anytime after 5pm
    29129 Oriole, Livonia, MI 48154
    BYOB

If needed there are two motels really close.

Comfort Inn ( 3 blocks away
    29235 Buckingham Street
    Livonia, MI 48154
    <NOBR>(734) 458-7111
    Group rate of $65.00 plus tax is under PIG ROAST
    Hot breakie and plenty of lit, secured parking, even for trailers

</NOBR><NOBR>America's Best Value Inn</NOBR>
    <NOBR>28512 Schoolcraft Road </NOBR>
    <NOBR>Livonia, MI 48150
    </NOBR><NOBR>(734) 425-5150</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>
    <NOBR>Hollar if you're coming so I can get an idea of how many HAMB folks.
    Looking forward to seeing folks next weekend.</NOBR>
    <NOBR></NOBR>

16. 51delivery

51delivery

Hey Bad Bananna , Gotta love the Motor Medic group from GM. They replaced a seal in my truck last year. We are doing the Michigan legs in the OT 1975 Ford Rusty Truck. Going to be in Detroit for the weekend.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Years ago it was one of those things on my "list" of things to do but it has gotten way too big now to be fun for me.

18. megawatt220

megawatt220

Will be in the Muskegon part of it.

19. MilesM

MilesM

Riding with my brother in an OT roadster. Hoping for good weather. Long Haul. Longer haul to get to the start!

20. SafariTow

SafariTow

Getting ready to do the whole tour from SC and back. Also will be going down to Austin Speed Shop when I get to Texas. See ya a'll there...

21. toucan

toucan
    from sc

dont forget to post pictures along the way for all of us lame asses who wont make it!

22. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

We are here and the weather is great!!!:D

23. chubbie

chubbie

this is what we saw 2 years ago, all the "D" plates in the windows of new cars. power tour would be fun if we could get a BUNCH of OLD cars together an cruise. it wasn't to cool running in between 2 new cameros.

infact power tour sucked! if i wanted to drive the roads with new cars, clown cars, and getto cruisers i would just drive down the road:confused: like today, and tomorrow:mad:

24. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I didn't get to walk around much. But here are a few shots I grabbed. Hopefully someone else got more. The Buick funeral car with the 4 cyl turbo diesel was awesome :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. tour went through my hometown of Chesaning,Michigan today, very cool..first chance to see the tour before so defiantly was very exciting!

Attached Files:

26. cooljunk

cooljunk

Went to the Milford event Saturday. What a great show, the hi-light of the day was the tour of the GM proving grounds. The grounds are awesome, every possible type of test surface, steep grades, rough road, long straight, hi banked oval and circle track, road race circuit, skid pad, salt water bath, and many more.

27. civicegb16

civicegb16

I built and am driving the 51 Buick hearse. Having a blast and an getting 24 mpg and weighing in at over 6000 pounds

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Might I suggest that if you don't like what 'pack" you're driving in to pull over and wait for some "cooler" cars to cruise by then hop in line with them. We sat on the tailgate of my wagon for a couple of hours on Sunday morning in a small town on M57 to watch all the Power Tour peeps cruz by. They were certainly some awesome, tradtional cars on the tour and yes lots of folks drive in packs with like minded cars, ie, Corvettes running together, muscle cars running together, newer cars running together, etc. You get out of Power Tour what you put into it.

29. gbrown

gbrown

30. gonmad

gonmad

Power tour is pretty cool because of all the people you meet and talk to. "New car people" are still usually "car people". I someone is that "anti-new car", then they should get their own national cruise together! LOL.

The only thing that sucks IMO is that there is like 3,000-5,000 cars trying to get into ONE driveway!'. Better have a good cooling system!!