Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Ford Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenevez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

I wouldn't chop it myself, I've been corresponding with Choprods - he seems to do good work and the price is definitely right! If I did chop it, it would be no more than 3".

I'm not all that good with photoshop, this is my weak attempt:
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    Photoshopped, lowered 3-4" and shaved door handles:
    [​IMG]

Sorry about hijacking your thread. Love your car!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. big creep

big creep

great video!!! what did they find that was wrong with the brakes? im sure ive asked you before but i forget everything!

3. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

I dont mind anybody hijacking my thread. This thread wouldnt mean much without everybody else's interactions. :) and Nice job on Photoshop man. i see you added some wide whites too. Amazing what a couple inches can do to a vehicle. I appreciate a good lifted truck, but aside of that, i think every d@mn vehicle looks better low!

4. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

ha, my brain doesnt retain stuff very well either. well, since i couldnt figure it out. my buddy said it was a bad master that was leaking. but considering it COULD have been the heat from my previous headers i am not sure. They work good now, but seems you gotta pump them at least once to get a strong stiff stop. hey, "Big Creep" i had a question, where did you get the heat sleeves that go over your plug wires?

5. big creep

big creep

summit! like 40 or 50 bucks?

6. big creep

big creep

we just started the body work this weekend, i have a guy that shows up on the weekend to help and knows whats hes doing. i hope to have it running this year, but i say that every year!

7. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

awesome! + thanks for the info. and Man you gotta start a thread on your shoe!

i wanted to hit Viva here in a couple weeks. but i dont think thats enough time to get my wiring harness and steering done. not to mention my fuel gauge has never worked

8. Voodoo Trucker

Voodoo Trucker

Good to see you and your shoe out GG's dude! Stood across from it for a few and listened to all kinds of cool comments about it, look forward to the next gathering.

9. big creep

big creep

yea i think viva suck personally, its not the same show it was when it first started but thats a whole other story. but yea i will when i get things moving along, a body work thread. i really love the fact that your shoe is not chopped! it looks killer with the visor on it!

10. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

yea man, i meant to tell you. The dude with the slammed black VW was my buddy and he sold it that day. Also cant wait to get my hands on the TuneCase!

I think just gettin pictures with the gorgeous rockabilly girls there by the shoebox would do it for me. probably wont make it there this year though

11. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Thanks man. Took that one with the GoPro. Thriller your car is lookin sick man!

12. AZ 54 BELAIR GUY

AZ 54 BELAIR GUY
    from AZ

Great looking car, cool to see all the pic's you posted. I'm just starting on my build a 54 chevy. I need to find someone in the valley to help set up my gambino taildragger kit. I need to put a post up. I will have to keep my eyes open for your car at local shoes

13. Wow! Great thread!!! I just read the entire thing and it will come in handy for the time when I can get my own '50!!!

14. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Thank sman. I have always loved those 54's too! also, Kevin Blaisdell at Just Plain Trick in AZ can help ya with the taildragger.

thanks for checkin it out man!

15. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Honey who shrunk my '50! - We got a local show/get together here every Tuesday at McDonald's. Ernie was up there with one of his handmade Dwarf cars. Link to his Site This is a Hand Made 49 Mercury Rebel Rouser.

[​IMG]

16. daddio211

daddio211

You need a picture of your two cars side by side!

And that car REALLY needs a V8-60 instead of the Toyota engine! :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  17. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

i agree daddio

18. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

ok, rewiring the whole car, and at the risk at sounding dumb ( which i do a LOT in this forum ). Can someone explain the function of these 2 things ( 1 ) says 6v on it. and ( 2 ) seems to be a ground or regulator??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  19. Do Good Jr.

Do Good Jr.
    from texas

#1 looks like a starter solenoid. #2 Looks like the horn relay (like on my 50 ) the factory location for the horn relay would be on the firewall on the drivers side between the steering shaft and the fresh air intake.

20. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks for chiming in "Do Good". i think you are right, it's just the 6v stamp on 1 ) is really throwing me off

21. Do Good Jr.

Do Good Jr.
    from texas

Your car looks good ! What size tires and wheels are you running ? Bia or Radial ? I would love that setup on my 50 Coupe. I cant get too wide on the rear. I put 4" lowering blocks on the rear and am running 205/70/15.

22. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

it is a very tight squeeze in the rear and i have cut, pounded and grinded everything i could to clear em. but they are 15 x 7 reverse chrome smoothies with shannon caps on coker g-78's bias ply all from pete paulsen's

23. daddio211

daddio211

Well I guess we need to start calling you MISTER sevenevez...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

24. farmer12

farmer12

Great pics, congrats!

25. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Good Eye daddio! finally got my gurl in a magazine. havent got that issue yet.

still working on rewiring the whole car and the VHX custom gauges should be done by mid month based on what dakota digital said for the 49-50 ford

26. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Thats cool,congrats!

27. Cool stuff. Car looks great.

28. daddio211

daddio211

If you don't get the Goodguys Gazette let me know, I'll mail you mine.

29. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Daddio i will take you up on that offer if you still would be willing to send it to me. I STILL have not received mine