Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things to do in the Lancaster/ Bakersfield area?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TJratz, Mar 14, 2012.

1. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

hodels buffet in bakersfield is family owned and good. all you can eat and right off hwy 99, there use to be alot of antique stores on 19th st. if you're into that. i've had some real good times in the past at the crystal palace.

2. TJratz

TJratz

Greatly appreciated!

3. hemi

hemi

It's Fres-Yes... :D

4. EBW

EBW

How much Free time will you have when not at Gene's ?

Tehachapi is 25 mins to Gene's place.
    Lancaster is about 20 mins.
    Rosamond is about 7 mins.

There are New Hotels in Lancaster near the Jet Hawks stadium off of Ave I and 14 Freeway
    Tehachapi has 3 newer Hotels.. Two in Downtown, one off the 58 Freeway.

If you plan on hitting the beaches during your stay, Central Coast is 2.5 hours from Tehachapi... even less from Bakersfield.

Tehachapi is a small town, kind of Touristy.. Lots of Train stuff, windfarms, small shops, etc. Lancaster/Palmdale is a larger city.. ( Mini LA )
    Bakersfield is the same larger city, Only very humid in the summer.

Lancaster to Burbank is approx 1.5 hours ( with Minimal traffic )
    Ventura beaches and other so cal beaches will take you 2.5 hours + to get there.
    LA traffic sucks when its rush hour.... You will understand Road Rage really quick !! :D

I work not too far from Gene's shop. Its a great place and enjoy your time here.

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Forget Lancaster and Bakersfield. You can take a drive on route 2 which takes you over the San Gabriel mountains and into the 210 Freeway and old town Pasadena. You can also take a drive east on highway 138 and go to Wrightwood or continue pass the 15 freeway and go to Big Bear. If you go south on the 15 from 138, theres Victoria Gardens in the city of Rancho Cucamonga with plenty of places to eat and shop. These places are about 1 drive more or less depending on traffic, except for Big Bear which would about 1.5 hours, more or less.

6. TJratz

TJratz

We plan on getting there Thursday night ( April 26) ...so we will have all day Friday to explore..Gene's class is Saturday/ Sunday and we are heading back Monday...not a lot of time but hopefully enough to see a few things. We plan on seeing the coast...and just playing the rest by ear.

7. saratoga56

saratoga56
    from NY

check out the big thermometer, I think there is a Wendy's in town, play in the sand...

8. For good eats in Rosamond (Like said earlier, 5 minutes from Gene's shop) there are 2 good greasy spoon spots. The Wayside Cafe and across the street from that is a realtively new pizza joint that is really really good too. Both are on Sierra Highway just before you cross over Rosamond Blvd on the way to Gene's shop.

Willow Springs speedway is out on Rosamond Blvd about 4/5 miles from the bustling town center (Albertsons parking lot). They have a small museum (maybe 4-5 cars in there).

9. tehach

tehach
    from USA

If it's interesting, the Blackbird Airpark at 25th East and Avenue P in Palmdale has an awesome SR-71 on static display.

10. I am amazed no one from lancaster has spoke up to defend their city. Is it possible the whole town really is on meth?

11. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

where are you coming into thursday night, alot of good ideas here, but friday wont be much time to do alot of that stuff, i could reccomend the exotic feline breeding compound, right in rosamond, a few minutes from the shop, i`ll see ya there at the class too.....

12. TJratz

TJratz

We are planning on coming in to Lancaster on Thursday sometime. We plan on leaving Kansas on Wednesday night when we get off work..and driving as far as we can that :cool:night...since this will be our first time out there we and only staying a few days we plan on just sticking to things close by (within an hour or so)...

13. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

You can drop into the Ontario area (south) from Lancaster and hit the Peterson Hot Rod Museum it's only about an hours drive...well worth the drive too and the traffics not bad if you miss the main commutes, but the traffic will never be good.

14. Yep another that cannot read, but you must be on the crack pipe!

All the guys saying it is an hours drive from Lancaster to Ontario, it is more like 1.5 with no traffic, or more if you hit traffic their is a pretty good cruise night on Fridays at the Burger king/Del taco on 45th west and ave L, and every Saturday their is a cruise somewhere in the valley, need to get the schedule.

• Drive west to Morro Bay-turn north onto PCH1 and keep going north until you see a big orange bridge.
    • Turn Around.
    • Drive back the same way.
    • Repeat until bored with it.

15. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

since you are driving in, and a day early, i would drive right past lancaster and either the l.a area or the central coast and stay til late friday afternoon somewhere there, alot of only an hour here and there, but more like 2 hours to anywhere from lancaster area.....

16. roughneck424

roughneck424