Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 plymouth chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zombie77, Sep 12, 2009.

1. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Looking great!!

2. farmer12

farmer12

X2! Love the shape.

3. zombie77

zombie77

Thanks guys apreciate the love

4. SICBOY

SICBOY

5. radio_king

radio_king

That chop looks great,glad to see more people are building pre-war MoPars as they got lots of custom potential.Badass car.

6. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

I see there has been a debate over the Ribs on the fenders. I say extend the Ribs into the rear fender skirts. A little photo chopping and you'll see how far and what pattern looks best.

Blind Elwood

7. zombie77

zombie77

Thanks Blind Ill try that

8. zombie77

zombie77

merc rear window section closer shot of work rough but got the shape I wanted a little hammer and dolly and a little mud having another 1937 Plymouth roof helped a lot to find some curved pieces for the sail panels since I do not own a English wheel

Attached Files:

9. plmczy

plmczy

nice work, profile looks great.

10. zombie77

zombie77

A fellow hamber Photoshopped this for me with out the fenders ribs great to see this gets me inspired the get out to the garage and finish this car love the lines on the car certain years of mopars make some nice customs the ass goes forever especially since I move the catwalk section 5 inches i am so stoked to see this sorry guys I like the car without the fenders ribs love that they are signature mo par marks but to me the just clutter up the look trying to stay very simple

Attached Files:

11. tjmercury

tjmercury

I really like the look of the slanted doorposts better than the hardtop look! great job!

12. thinkfink

thinkfink

13. zombie77

zombie77

hopfuly I will be on the road this summer

14. 1959apache

1959apache

Hey man, do you still have the rear window?

15. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

hey Plymouth brothers... I am trying to get my Plym done before I get home from Assghanistan next month... I need 2 parts, a hood and some rear bumber brackets. The car and my paint and body guy are in Cali. The hood flew off on transport and of course they told me to go f*ck myself, they are not responsible for damage. Can anyone help or point me in a direction? I have scoured the net, but not being in country, I can't scour the junk yards... PM me, thanks...
    Mike

16. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

Very nice, keep at it.

Elwood

17. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Nice car,but put it together how you want it...

18. zombie77

zombie77

Finlay roof is done no more shaping and blocking learned a good lesson never buy the cheap bondo takes for ever for shaping but really happy with the shaped glad I redid the back to get the flow I wanted

Attached Files:

19. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks cool! Consider putting a radius on the on and only sharp corner on the doors. I think that will make it look even better!

20. zombie77

zombie77

I did origonaly round the tops of the door for some reason I did not care for them to much and put them back

21. thinkfink

thinkfink

looking fantastic...and agree on rounding the doors. Great car!

22. zombie77

zombie77

A buddy's friend did this one for me

Attached Files:

23. farmer12

farmer12

Great pic zombie77. Love the color too!

24. plmczy

plmczy

Love that pic, very nice.

25. thinkfink

thinkfink

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow that looks great! Ever since I built my first AMT 41 Plymouth in 1/25 scale when I was about 12, I have wanted one of these, they make such beautiful customs!!

27. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Nice great job... I like the way the build is going I will keeping up with this one.

28. englands54

englands54

Great job with the car.The chop looks good and I agree that it looks much better with some curves out back.Way to build with the tools you have and the vision.Im the same way..Will be keeping up on the build.

29. zombie77

zombie77

nice week end to work on the car had to go backwards got inpatient and primered roof when the rain gutters were cut up and warped and grinded thru been trying to repair them all week but rain gutter are very hard to repair the whole rain gutters are in bad shape
    my freind i got the car from was turning the car into a hard top and welded the tops ofthe doors to the rain gutter when I got the car the doors and pillars were cut into over 20 pieces had to rechopped the roof 1 more inch in the rear and 1/2 inch in the front and play puzzle to put the post and doors back togheter not saying it did not look good it looked killer but I relly like the slanted post 5 windows look.I dont like the look with no rain gutters espeacialy the rear window today i am going to cut out the rain gutter and put some 1/4 round rod in relly wanted to save the rain gutter to keep that origanal look but could not save the rain gutters

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  30. zombie77

zombie77

my little girl want to work on daddys car too told her no i dont want you to get dirty but everytime i turned a round she was sanding or trying to do something with a wrench or screwdriver

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2012