Register now to get rid of these ads!

'39-'42 Studebaker Gasser Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, May 22, 2009.

1. 5w32

5w32

check out the 42 gasser on page 92 of aug 2011 car culture deluxe!

Attached Files:

2. bbr

bbr
    from Missouri

there was a guy wayne s....cant remember his last name that used to race a 40 stude 2 door sedan in wentzville mo @ mid america raceway. i believe it was red. anyone have any pics of that car?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

If anybody is interested, my stude is available for sale/trade in the classifieds section.

No long have time to finish or race it.

Contact me if interested.

4. prostude

prostude
    from ny

What year
    And do u have any extra parts
    I was not able to find in the classifieds

5. prostude

prostude
    from ny

There must be more of these old Studebaker pictures out there somewhere
    Still would like to find out more info on my studebaker listed above
    I heard it ran in the 9's back in the day
    Somebody out there must have a picture or remember a bright yellow studebaker racing in the northeast
    Keep the pics coming its great to see them
    It's rare to see these old Stude racing pics these days

6. bowherring

bowherring
    from arizona

awesome thread!!! been looking for something like this for years! I have aquired 3 parts cars trying to make one and am looking into one more I have a lead on. So 5W32 if you have anymore leads share them please! thanks to all who have added to this thread. All you guys make hot rodding a blast!

7. prostude

prostude
    from ny

Glad to hear there is another studebaker being built

8. Danny G

Danny G

ProStude whatmparts are you hunting?

9. prostude

prostude
    from ny

Not really searching for parts just more history
    On my studebaker

10. 5w32

5w32

"Great Balls o Fire" update , she's running for the first time since 1974, have a look at the attached you tube video. drives straight and stops good , best of 12.21 with the old 455 ski boat engine! soon to get the killer 455. bakersfield or bust....oct 21st... see you there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_chyDWSVP0

Attached Files:

11. 5w32

5w32

i found this 40 coupe photo on the web today

Attached Files:

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Neat car. I gotta get out to Mission this year.

13. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

14. 5w32

5w32

period shot from the web

Attached Files:

15. My buddy owns this car now! It will be on display in May at Vintage Torque Fest!

16. Stude [email protected] still testing 5.38s in 4.88s out...only trappin 6000 rpm w/4.88s

Attached Files:

17. WCD

WCD

Went searching just to see if the Super Stude was any where on the HAMB. Bammo, there it is being restored. Ernie Nicholson was one of the African American racers over looked when competing with this car. While, the Flower Power AA/GS Cuda that followed was more competetive, the Stude was still classic gasser material. Tony Nancy built the blown 392.

18. Lockjaw

Lockjaw

Thought I would post more photos of the Super Stude. I haven't gotten far with work on it, as other cars have taken center stage. It's in line next. Of the pictures I am posting, one is of the body as I got it. The chassis was in such bad shape I decided to build a new one. I decided not to restore the chassis and running gear, because I couldn't afford it and I want to race it. The outside of the car will look as it did originally when I am finished. Still need photos of the original interior, if anyone out there knows of any. Tony Nancy also did the original interior. What amazed me about the original chassis is that it was un-boxed and seemed incredibly flimsy for a car that ran 9 seconds at 150mph.

Attached Files:

Chucky likes this.
  19. WCD

WCD

I think it would be great to find Ernie Nicholson, or next of kin who might have some pics of thecar in its day.

20. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

Hey its funny ... I was just looking on E-bay before getting on the HAMB , and someone posted a magazine article on the same car. I did'nt know if you had the article or not but its a 2 page spread. Good luck with your rebuild. Im doing a 39 champ ex/gasser myself. :D

Attached Files:

21. 5w32

5w32

good detail photos for lockjaw! cant wait to see it finished.....

22. WCD

WCD

You can see the Tony Nancy built hemi sporting the classic tear drop scoop and Enderle bar door injector, both were components that were to be found on most all of nancy's motors.. It might have even been the same motor that Nancy used in his 1966 AA/GD, for in 1967, he ran a 427 Chevy his new FED.

23. MistShift

MistShift

Awesome! I occasionally put gas in my '38, does zat count? ;)

24. 5w32

5w32

this one runs in the high 9's

Attached Files:

25. Brokenrodsmurf

Brokenrodsmurf

Hello!
    First post, new member. I found this site while searching for info about my Dads old drag car. I'm looking for info,photos, memories, stories- anything.
    It was late 60's, early 70's when my Dad had a 1940 or 41 studebaker, painted orange, lettered on the side "Orangeade". 327 small block, hilborn fuel injected, push button trans built by Joe Pirrone. The car ran consistent 12.0's @120 mph. Home track was Atco raceway in NJ, but he raced E-Town, Maple Grove, etc. My Fathers name was Charles "Butch" Thomas out of Philadelphia PA.
    At the time, he had a room full of trophies, so hopefully someone will remember. I shared basically everything i know, Dad is no longer with us, and I'd like to know a little more about this part of his life.
    Thanks in advance,
    John
    [email protected]

26. PA Gas

PA Gas

John, There are pics of that orange Stude I believe on here and in the Gasser Wars book. Is this his car? If it is I met him and your mom in Pottstown PA a few years ago to buy a 57 olds rear and Hurst Airheart rear disc brakes. He had showed me a bunch of pics of the stude and an Austin gasser.

Attached Files:

27. Machinder

Machinder
    from 19605

I just bought a 41 its cool to see they were raced so extensively.[​IMG]

28. Brokenrodsmurf

Brokenrodsmurf

Dad passed away in 2001, but the funny thing is, he did have an older olds rear layin around the shop. The car was sold in the early 70's and no pictures survived. To be sure, i would need to see the "orangeade" painted on the side. I know he had the hawaiin punch guy on the side also. He never owned an Austin gasser.
    After the studebaker was sold, he quit racing for a while to raise the family, but in the late 90's bought a playtoy- 56 chevy 2dr- no post. we played at the meadows and atco a few times. 327, tunnel ram, twin carb, WAY too big of a cam, built turbo 400 and 4.56 rear. best time with a real crappy r/t was 12.6 @108mph.
    I realize i don't have much info to use, but if i post the info in enough places, hopefully someone will remember.

29. 5w32

5w32

i think i have seen this car in a youtube vintage gasser video, there was a lot of coverage of Atco in it. it has a striking resemblance to my 40 stude called "Great Balls o Fire" when she was orange /red

30. Love these Studes, I haven't been on this thread in a while. Lock Jaw, Awsome you have the Super Stude, I always wondered what happened to it. When I first saw photos of it back in the day, I was floored at how cool it was. One of my favorites, Redline, keep at man, 10's just around the corner.