Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for Aluminized Steel Fuel line?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saxman, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Well, as usual, if I want to know something or find something, I ask my HAMB brothers and sisters.

My 3x2 set up has some pretty cool looking aluminized steel fuel lines on it. I want to re-do all the fuel lines and would like to use the same material.

Anybody know of a source for 5/16 or 3/8 aluminized tubing? I've done a Google search but can't seem to find any. All I can find is aluminum, which I want to stay away from. Too many connections on my setup to risk the work hardening and cracking issue.

2. BHT8BALL

BHT8BALL

The steel tubing is cadmium plated and available at most parts stores in different dia's & lengths, they come with a tube nut on each end. Pat

3. Thanks Pat. This is definitely not cad or zinc plated. It's got an aluminum coating. I don't know where the previous owner got it, but since nobody here seems to know anything about it (shit, I thought you guiys knew everything) maybe it's some speciality item for a non-automotive application. I haven't seen any before either.

4. what about regular tubing lightly dusted with a fine glass bead and then clear coat?

5. That might work for the look.