Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest How is that even possible? Dynamat Donut.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Originally Posted by dragnut
    Knucklehead move-period. I found another cool burnout. It's all cool, until it's not cool.
    Check it out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7QY3gOkllM

I'd compare that to those folks who hang out next to a WRCAor Baja course. It's sad that they lose their lives, but, "if you lay down with dogs, you're bound to get fleas". By that I mean that there's a difference between participants, and victims. If you feel that you are in danger in an area, leave. If you are willing to risk your well being in exchange for the show, then by all means hang out, but, accept the risk.

Point taken, except that footage was from a parade environment where that car was only
    supposed to idle down the street and wack the throttle. The driver chose to light the tires
    on his own doing. Admittedly a way gnarlier car, but that came vid came to mind after I saw Evel's footage.
    Regarding the Petersen incident:Continuing maneuvers like that unchecked, he will manage to make a mess of something eventually. Hopefully he only takes himself out.
    D.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  2. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Put your kids/family anywhere in the vicinity and then answer how cool it is....ive been on that roof top,pretty dumb.

And yes, it's a funny looking roadster

3. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

He didn't mean to do a donut. There was way to much Dynamat on the floor, and the gas pedal stuck....

4. afaulk

afaulk

A bit too much Patron maybe lol. It affects me that way anyhow. Like, "hey watch this"!

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah.

I want a Tent People t-shirt.

6. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Nuke the gay whales for jesus i am buying some dynamat today damn thugs gonna give us a bad name !!

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Yeah the Biker deal was way funnier... If someone would post a link for that, this thread would be at least 50% better..:D

8. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I wont bore you with my opinion of of this was right or wrong, but I will say I think from this point forward every mad fabricators should have BB doing donuts somewhere famous, and also I want a tent people shirt.
    Maybe Deth Wobble can do a we are the world benefit for the tent people...

9. n847

n847

^^^^Funny!

10. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

..i dont think he did it for attention,,,i seen him do a spining wheels burnout in the dynaliner coupe leaving after trying to get in the gate at a show and knowbody was around except me(in my coupe) and the guy working the gate..(.i assumed he forgot his show re-entry pass)...
    i thought it was pretty rad that he did that,but if it hada been me the sheriff woulda been looking for me (*wink wink* inside joke)

11. donnie

donnie
    from NC

I want to be young and stupid again, Now I overthink everything. what if...

12. storm king

storm king

I gotta jump in here. The cost of the car doesn't mean a damn thing. It's his car, he's a hot rodder, not some pseudo- stuckup rockabilly snob. Every now and again, we cut up. He must hqave thought he was amoung friends, because while he has fun, I doubt he'd intentionally do something around the regular folks like that'd outwardly give rodding a bad name. Then there's the fact that he knows his car. He knows how it acts and feels, and he's obviously done this with it before and knows what to expect.
    So why don't you guys that are all bent out of shape about this just sit back, have a cold one, and chill. It's no big thing other than it is in fact cool that he drives the cars he has built.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

18 year old - "Fuck yeah! That guy is my hero!"

35 year old - "That guy must be drunk or crazy."

65 year old - "Fuck that guy. He could have slid into the tent killed everybody there, then flown off the roof and killed a few hundred people on the street. Even worse? After such an event, we would never be able to use the museum again!"

14. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

How many of you posting about this is 65 hah.........65 year old - "Fuck that guy. He could have slid into the tent killed everybody there, then flown off the roof and killed a few hundred people on the street. Even worse? After such an event, we would never be able to use the museum again!" <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm 61, but fit in with the 65 and older.

16. I'm '56, but maturity/sensability comes sooner for some of us.
    So, Hell yea I fall into the 65 grouping, and damn proud of it.

17. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Shit at 53 I know he wasn't a dumb ass kid he just wanted to be one !!

18. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

That's what happens when you didn't build the car yourself, you can treat it like a rented mule and not care about how the builders did slave away over every detail. The guy's an idiot in my book.

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Kinda dumb thing to do, alkyhaul musta been involvded

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

You forgot this guy Ryan...

36+ year old - "Hey that was bitchin' to watch! It makes me want to take my hotrod out to my local Southern California dragstrip tomorrow, open that thing up, and see what it will do! Oops, almost all the dragstrips are now closed around here. Gee, that's odd, how the hell did that happen? I wonder if public perception somehow contributed....?"

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think that's the same dude I listed as 65.

I honestly do think age has a lot to do with how people perceive something like this. When you are young and dumb, something as silly as a dumb looking '32 doing uncontrolled doughnuts is totally cool. "Think of the possibilities!"

When you are middle aged, you are too busy to care as much and you've had some experience - enough to know that shit like this often ends badly.

When you are older, you are tired and beat down. You've seen so many things like this end badly, that you can't believe others don't see the possible harm and resulting consequences. "It's so damned obvious!" And to make the point, often times a little overly dramatic examples are used.

This thread gets better and better... Because, to me anyway, it's fun to see people's different view points on something that really is pretty black and white.

22. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Punk Rock RULES!

You should have seen the burnout I did at the shop a couple weeks ago. It was in my van and the fire department came.

It was for the benefit of the guys still at the shop..... but I suppose if it had been filmed it could have been turned into a commercial for AWESOME.

while doing it I couldn't believe how much smoke there was..... (Fuck Yeah!)

I couldn't stop and started laughing so hard I was crying....... ( must be crazy)

I saw the smoke had filled the entire parking lot and pretty much blacked out Lamar.... (shit I hope no one gets hurt)

Got home and heard the fire department showed up.... (Fuck, I probably shouldn't have done that I hope I don't get in trouble) (they ended up thinking it was funny...... must have been a young fireman!)

Showing up to work the next morning and seeing the pile of rubber ( fuck yeah!)

Its the circle of life! haha

Its sucks that all the funnest stuff is probably dumb to do.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  23. schpud

schpud
    from ME

...no one asked if the doughnut was traditional?

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

Perfectly said!

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hahaha Bob that's fucking funny!

26. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"but I suppose if it had been filmed it could have been turned into a commercial for AWESOME."
    best comment ever

27. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

All burnouts are cool except one leggers. When someone hits something doing a burnout it becomes stupid. It's that hero/idiot thing... :D

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

29. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

30. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Donuts,...wire wheels..... I'd like to check the runout after that move............

4TTRUK