Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What us trad rodders were doing in the 70's...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by badshifter, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry T

Larry T

Was I there??? Yep.

Do I remember it? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

2. RAVENS29

RAVENS29
    from n/a

Shhhhh!! Iron butterfly was going thru my head!!

3. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Yep thats it--------the drags thru the park-lucky to be alive

4. Deuces

Deuces

That's a freakin' hash pipe!.... :D:rolleyes::D

5. I was considered a Frock, part freak and part jock or in other words, I party'd while going out for sports. I almost got kicked off the team because the coach could smell it, so I had to restrict myself until the season was over.

6. Deuces

Deuces

I got "In the garden of eden" on CD... ;)

7. Actually that song came out in the sixties, the drummer was a neighbor, East County of San Diego ... he is still kicking, works for the same company as my sister.

8. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

lol.
    That's what we called those that were part freak and part jock here too.
    The cool jocks.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  9. Chefbiz62

Chefbiz62
    from Omaha, Ne

Puttin' our heads together

Attached Files:

10. Come clean, that pic wasnt the seventies .. you took it last weekend right??? LOL

11. Sorry, I listened all the way to 4:20 and then I had to take my nap.

12. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

13. In the 1980's Iron Butterfly band member Darryl DeLoach's dad Rene, was quality control inspector (for a short time) for the construction company I worked for in Borrego Springs CA. Rene's garage on Luna St in San Diego was where the band practiced in 1966.

Rene shows up at my job on his 1st day of work and I coincidentally had Iron Butterfly's album 'Heavy" playing pretty loud.

He told me to turn it off and I told him to piss off. He turned it off and I turned it back on. Then I tell him no music means no work and if he touches it again I'll break his arm.

He says it's just 'that group' and he didn't want to be thinking about his son. Then tells me Darryl had put 3 restaurants up his nose (cocaine) and they weren't on good terms.

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Back in the day, that was sock baby material.^^^

15. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I guess I won't even try to match any of the stories in this thread, but in 1975 I WAS drivin' this (sure wish I still had it...)

Attached Files:

16. Deuces

Deuces

The song was originally called "In the garden of Eden"... Then they changed the name too "In-a-gadda-da-vida" for the album... Way cool song any way you slice it!! :D:confused::D

.....As fo the Levi's Gremlin...Those were the most comfortable seats I ever planted my ass into.... Like I said on another post.... Ford should offer the Levi's seats for the new Mustangs...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  17. Ha Ha!

I remember these.

I had a '76 and a '78 Jeep CJ5 Renegade both with the 304-V8 and Levi's package. The interior was pretty cool! The seats had the Levi brass buttons in them.

18. I never actually made it to Sturgis but my scodey (cut off?) did.

Long story, you'll have to get the book I suppose.

I tried to never go around crowds of people unless it was required of me. :eek: :eek:

19. flacoman

flacoman
    from Sunrise FL

A friend of mine got busted with a full ounce of pot, but magically when it came up in court it was less than a quarter - What was he going to do complain that 3/4s of the dope was gone? Good scam for the cops eh?[/QUOTE]

I often wonder why smugglers are always caught with 197 pounds, 28 and a half tons and other odd quantities of dope ... Coincidinks?? :D

20. Larry T

Larry T

Yep, there were 12,000 people there when we got to Sturgis. Looked around for a couple of days, buddy got a tat, and we took off. The trip was a LOT better than the destination. That was 78 (I think) and I've never been back.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hell I need to find that. I have that album as well as Heavy and Ball, all originals. Probably haven't been played in 20+ years. I don't even know if my turntable still works. Lol! Ah yes, its sure was fun back then, good hotrod parts could be had for cheap, cops were usually cooler, gas was cheaper, women weren't so uptight. Thats it, I'm gonna go find Inna Gadda Da Vida today. lol

22. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

23. Well then you probably missed seeing me because of my trip to see Mom. It would have been around '78 or 9 when I didn't make it. :D

I would have been easy to spot had I made it; I would have been the guy that was 3 sheets in the wind and arrested for trying to stand up on the seat. :eek:

24. Larry T

Larry T

Are you sure you weren't there? I thought I saw you, weren't you the guy with a black tee shirt, blue jeans, and boots? Long hair and a beard? :)
    Larry T

25. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Furies had torsion bars, yes?

26. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

That thing could run out of gas and it'd just roll downhill. Bet it was hell on u-joints.

27. flathead okie

flathead okie

I listened until the RAP SHIT started, then shut it off.

28. Probably fun at over 40 mph too with the caster all fucked up in the front end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.