Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects "Persona" 23 T bucket build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bilt, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Bilt

Bilt

Since the HAMB was down all day I went on a parts trip and picked up a nine inch rear end. I've not measured it yet but the guy I got it from though it was 58". Have to put a tape to it tommorow. He was not sure what it was out of but thought it was mid sixties. I'm happy I found one and it is the width I was looking for....but its an off-set center section. It will work...but I hope it looks okay when finished. Time to order some parts from Speedway!!!

Attached Files:

• 75.jpg
      75.jpg
      File size:
      474.9 KB
      Views:
    • 76.jpg
      76.jpg
      File size:
      350 KB
      Views:
    • 77.jpg
      77.jpg
      File size:
      452.4 KB
      Views:
  2. M.Edell

M.Edell

3. Torchie

Torchie

Tweety Pie! As soon as I read the post about the short wheel base T I thought of this car.
    My favorite T as well. I have been thinking along the same lines as you plus I have a 346 Buick nailhead that I want to put into a car with out a hood to show it off.
    Keep up the good work.
    Karl.

4. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Any updates....I'm hooked!

5. Bilt

Bilt

Yes and no. Its going to be a slow two weeks as I am moving my shop and should be back on it harder than ever. The wife and I are taking different paths in life right now but that works out better for both of us since we now get along better than we did. I hope by next weekend the T and all the tools will be in their new home and this thing will be rolling on rubber very quickly since all the pieces are there except for the front brakes. Please stay tuned because this will be concluded directly!!! Thank you for following and all the postitive comments. I have fabricated a few neat pieces of furniture for the house over the last couple of weeks and I post up a couple of pictures on another thread.

6. Bilt

Bilt

I did get my front end back and hung it real fast. It is not completely tightened and still have to add the drop downs off the frame but here it is stuck on in about ten minutes.

Attached Files:

• 78.jpg
      78.jpg
      File size:
      356.8 KB
      Views:
    • 79.jpg
      79.jpg
      File size:
      363.7 KB
      Views:
  7. fleet-master

fleet-master

how are you getting on with this one Bilt ?

8. Bilt

Bilt

Hey guys! I'm still alive and survived the big D. I'm currently getting back onto my feet and just last weekend went and pulled this out of the moth balls and getting the shop put togethor enough to get back on it. I pulled out the Speedway catalog and ordered the rear spring hangers and springs so I can get the nine inch hung and get this going again. I hope to get some pictures up and posted in the next week and I am looking forward to getting back onto this build as my year away from building has been way too long. Thanks for following and I hope to not disappoint with a finished producted in the future.

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

Cool Bilt !! I hope the big D doesn't mean what I think it means tho...