Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio Texas AutoRama, Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deuceroger, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Weve been discussing it. Wanted to get the coupe painted first. With all the ice and show weve had lately i havent been able to get it to the paint shop. Just finished tunneling some 59 caddy tail lights into the trunk. Going back with flat black and hopefully some flames.

2. JamesG

JamesG

Damn, and I'm in Galveston right now headed back to Arkansas tomorrow morning, chit mang!

3. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Anyone got pics to post? I couldn't make it this year :(

4. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

I went today and took about 100 pics (used two memorycards in digital camera ) lol \\

ill get a few posted later tonight

Diced everytime i came by your booth you were swamped with people so ill have to swing out to the shop sometime next week

supose to be going to John's Salvage sometime this next week to pick up some parts for a customers car

5. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Thanks S Gotti

We'll watch out for them. :D

6. Crease

Crease

Went out to the show with the guys last night and had a blast. The nice folks at Chopped & Diced showed us some of their beautiful work. Our buddies over at Boerne Stage blew me away with their Shoebox and Tudor projects. The chop on that 50 in bare metal is perfect! As Usual, the Gear Grinders did a great job! The striping was better than ever with Jay, Crash and Aaron. Gotta admit, I missed Tommy's work. Last, but not least....it has become apparent that the Pushrods are taking over the world.

7. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Yeah what was up with the Pushrods
    damm they brought it hard this year
    didnt think there was that many of them around but you know the one thing that upsets me about this stupid town
    there a whole shit load of nice cars out there but you never see any of these cars on the street
    you dont see em at the shows (other than autorama )
    you dont see em at the cruise spots

is everyone scared of driving them
    i thought thats what this was all about
    build em and enjoy em ------- not build em and sit around by them at some indoor show where your car doent move or start up all weekend long then take it back home to the garage to wait for next years show
    i dunno its just upsetting that theres this many cars around this town that you only see oncee or twice a year
    on top of all that there isnt any good events here in local san antonio area . im not talkin about austin or seguin im talkin local surrounding san antonio
    whats up with that if a lil very known car club can hit a show as hard as Pushrods did this year and theres so many cool clubs out there that have awesome cars
    then why dont we have a better show scene here in san antonio

just a suggestion why doesnt a couple of these nice bigger clubs hook together pool some cash up and throw a nice off the hook show at some local park and put our city on the map of cool shows for once

hey ive got the expereince and im willing to help organize
    what you guys think

8. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Yeah what was up with the Pushrods
    damm they brought it hard this year
    didnt think there was that many of them around but you know the one thing that upsets me about this stupid town
    there a whole shit load of nice cars out there but you never see any of these cars on the street
    you dont see em at the shows (other than autorama )
    you dont see em at the cruise spots

is everyone scared of driving them
    i thought thats what this was all about
    build em and enjoy em ------- not build em and sit around by them at some indoor show where your car doent move or start up all weekend long then take it back home to the garage to wait for next years show
    i dunno its just upsetting that theres this many cars around this town that you only see oncee or twice a year
    on top of all that there isnt any good events here in local san antonio area . im not talkin about austin or seguin im talkin local surrounding san antonio
    whats up with that if a lil very known car club can hit a show as hard as Pushrods did this year and theres so many cool clubs out there that have awesome cars
    then why dont we have a better show scene here in san antonio

just a suggestion why doesnt a couple of these nice bigger clubs hook together pool some cash up and throw a nice off the hook show at some local park and put our city on the map of cool shows for once

hey ive got the expereince and im willing to help organize
    what you guys think

9. Crease

Crease

I actually tried for 6 months straight to do a monthly taco run for the hip folks. Willie, Steve and a few other folks were the only ones to ever show up. I got a bit frustrated by that. However, we (The Barons) threw a small little BBQ in December at the Park and we had about 50 folks out there. Looks like the scene is changing a bit. Lots of folks in SA get there hot rods out quite a bit, but most are sick of lookin at Corvettes and Avalanches. In short, there's alot of great cars and more importantly folks around town and it would be cool to get them together on a regular basis. Let's do it!

10. Dice

Dice
    from Marion, TX

I just got home from the Autorama and must compliment the Gear Grinders for doing a great job. They really had to scramble after the bad weather delayed a lot of the cars' arrivals.

The Pushrods definitely had a good turnout and they're a great bunch of guys. They've cruised to my shop for our Third Thursday BBQ's a few times. Nice folks with nice rides.

11. Lakota

Lakota

Hey Dice,
    It was good meeting, and talking with you Sunday. I would've liked to have met others from the H.A.M.B. I did stop and talk with Eddie from the Pushrods. I tried to find their website, but I don't think they have one yet. No problem, I can get in touch with him by telephone or e-mail. The show turned out pretty good, and there was a good turnout of folks. I brought the family with me, it was a first for them. My son wasn't too impressed, he's into new Dodge trucks with diesel engines. He ended up going back to the van to listen to tunes His girlfriend followed me around like a puppy asking a bazillion questions...She's the hot rodder. My wife went around snapping photos, and talking to Ford owners. All in all, it was a good day out.

12. Hey Crease,lets get something going for a hangout or taco run. I would have went but I had no idea there was a monthly taco run. Abraham and I will be trying to get our new car club going. Count us in.

13. I also have some pics I will try to develop them today and will try to post tommorow.

14. Crease

Crease

Yeah, the fact that I didn't know you may have hampered our communication on the taco thing. :)

I will talk with the guys and see who's free and when. I enjoyed talkin with you and Abraham.

15. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

Hey guys like i said before im down for and with whatever you guys decide to do something give me a holler and ill bring some cars out

or if you need help organizing ill also be more than happy throwing a big helping hand

like i said just let me know

16. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been so busy with the car show and charity pin stripers auction I have not been able to get on the HAMB. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank the stripers Jay Dudley, Cindy "Crash" , Aaron "Nunzy" , Joe Cariasalez"JC", Trent "ditch", Keith, Tim, Spook and Rocky, who worked their ass off as well as "Doc" Larry Wood for helping out. We raised about $2000.00 for the local homeless shelter for families and the stripers drew a huge crowd.

My wife took some great pics of the art. I will post soon.

I think the Pushrods had 22 cars in the show. They have cools cars and are a great bunch of car guys.

The guys at Boerne Stage are always a Blast "Whoo Whoo"

The Barons showed some love and are always great to have around. Sandman please asks Haven to stop rubbing in that he kicked my ass in the valve cover race at the reliability run. My therapist said it’s taking a toll.

It's now time to start the Taco runs and picnics. I like the idea of a gravity racer car club challenge. Now who is down with that?

Dice thanks for coming out. Let it be known that his shop was at both the Austin car show and San Antonio Autorama on the same weekend.

Thanks to all the exhibitors, vendors and attendees who made the show a success.

Slick Wilie

17. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Pics from the ADome. I've learned to hate this pos digital camera over the weekend...anyway it was a good show and seems to get better every year. I got a chance to talk with a lot of interesting people. Seems like they had something for everyone.

Attached Files:

18. Hey I know of a cool place for a nightly hang out. Willie and I found it. Its an old drive inn on south alamo street called alcapuco drive inn. They sell beer and food.

19. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Its Back!? Who's going? Again?:eek: March 16th-18th 2012 at The New Freeman Expo Hall. Just wondering:)shrugs:).

20. WTF.This is an old post. haha. What been going on LowMOJO? Im going to be at the Pre War swap meet in Oklahoma that week. Hope to be back on Sat to go check out the Auto Rama. I want to see if the new place is better suited that the Alamodome.

21. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Yea i did a search to see if anyone had posted any new info on it yet and this thread came up, so i thought id reuse it for us locals? Anyhow hope to see ya there Roger, take care.

22. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

We will be there with a booth and a model a truck we built for Larry Wood. We will be selling our merch and soliciting for some more buisness, hope to see everyone there!

Sent from Boerne Stage Kustoms

23. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Awesome!

24. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Looks like i'll be there,but not in my truck,gunna work it...