Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would you want a trophy, plaque or certificate and cash?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Clik

Clik

How cool would it be to have some young hot rodder, many years from now, find your old ride in a barn covered with dust and an anti-trophy (homemade w/car parts) on the back seat? Make sure it has a date and event name for history's sake.

2. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

I went through a period when I though I'd grown up. I don't have lots of money but i have enough. What I don't have is my trophies. Wish to hell I had kept them. Just an old farts thought. Those trophies are valuable to me now wish I had them back!

3. falfas55

falfas55

I agree with oldschool66. It's just a trophy or whatever. You went to have fun and to see other peoples cars and for them to see yours. Donate the money to fallen soldiers, cancer society,or something cool like that. That will be your award. The best kind,from your heart.FALFA

4. 51delivery

51delivery

GAS CARD!!!! Simple homemade trophies are nice though

5. Fenders

Fenders

A good idea - which gave me this idea: for peoples choice pick three "finalists" -- put a box in front of each, let the people vote with a dollar bill (or more)... box with the most cash wins, the cash in all of them goes to a charity...
    Using clear plastic boxes would make it even more interesting.
    (stuffing the "ballot boxes" is encouraged... it's for a good cause)

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

Instead of cash, how about gift certificates to local business' in the immediate area? Like restaurants, stores, etc.
    It will keep the money being spent in your local community, help the local business', and leave a good taste in everybody's mouth... :)

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Hey Cajun! You must know Denise and her hot rod cookies.......

Great idea!

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Cash or gift cards and the home made or club made trophy's are the best. The ONLY trophy that I ever remember getting was a club trophy from The Indy Cluster Busters with Bikini stripes on it. Everything else is in a box or hidden away somewhere. That or nothing, I don't go for awards anyway. I go for the cars and the people.

9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You probably think this caustic remark is pretty clever. Or perhaps you enjoy denigrating someone else's attempt to be useful to their fellow man.

Either way, it says more about you than them.

Ray

10. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

YAY!! My answer exactly.

11. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

money, money, money, money, moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, money

12. magneto57

magneto57

Trophy............!!

13. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

having lived in Ind for over 20 yrs I'm quite familiar with the Cluster Busters,GREAT Club thats been around for many yrs. Have couple of their home made awards on my wall from the Cider Run

14. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

As an artist I like trophies, the hame made type.

15. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

How about gas cards?
    seems timely.

16. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

When we took the show over one of our objectives was to break away from the program where the "Promoter" took all the money home & the participant got a $10.00 plaque. At Lead Scene East HALF of the money the sponsors give us goes to the participant to help cover his expenses because with out his ride we don't have a show. So far it's working out in our favor

17. You know, sometimes it's better to not voice an opinion and let people think you're an idiot than it is to voice it , and remove all doubt. The answer to your question is, sadly, no, but we'll continue none the less.

18. Well said brother, and thanks! Now let's get back to the topic on a worthwhile thread.

19. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

GREAT IDEA !!!!! which is why we give TWO Sunoco pre paid Gas Cards awway at Lead Scene East - One for in state long distance & one for Out of state Long distance. Depending on where your coming from we could be the one that fill's up your tank before you head back home allowing you to keep that $50.00 in your pocket

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Sounds like a lot of good ideas coming together......

21. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

I'd rather earn a red hat.

22. Perfect idea. That will be the plan this year. Let me also add that we pay $8.00 to enter our cars and half of that goes to the cost of running the show and half to the foundation, the rest was donated by local business owners. I like your idea!!

23. buckd

buckd

You really can't get more traditional than a trophy presented by a swimsuit clad girl!
    but money sure helps keep the projects going. Oh well, I'm no help. BUCKD

24. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

Gave 200 surveys out at Lead Scene East last yr. One of the questions asked was Award Certificate & Cash or a Plaque. 3 preferred a plaque, the rest wanted the Certificate & money.

25. MemoreeMaker

MemoreeMaker

Totaly agree with you on the car guys should get in free but how would the promoter pay the bill's for ground rental, advertising, entertainment, TAX'S etc. Unless it's a National event from what I've seen the average spectator gate can't come close to covering these expenses

26. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Very well put. The thing that makes the difference in your show is that I see so much of what you collect at the gate from spectators going back to the guys who brought the cars to make the show.

27. n847

n847

I would think it would be cool to make the donation to a local charity in the winners name and give a hand made trophy out...I love those hand made trophys and I think it means alot if its voted on by fellow hot rodders!

28. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Sir Woosh,Video Bob, How the heck are you .ill always take cash especally at a out of town show,however the ONLY awards I display are the homemade ones[artists ,stripers]. The Lost Kustoms are trying to get a bunch to come down this year,we missed the last one but this show always comes up as the highlight of our summer .Hope to see you this summer and good luck putting another great show togeather!!!!!!! Darryl [The Big Stahu] Pres. Lost Kustoms cc

29. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

You are exactly right it cant be done, you forgot the biggie expense the big bad Insurance. Looking forward to being there.