Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest How is that even possible? Dynamat Donut.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Mar 4, 2012.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Ahaha...dude, i dont care what anybody say, this here has to be the quote of the year.

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

The Dynamat guy rocks...............but what's his insurance man gonna say when he sees the video, after it goes viral?

3. Dawai

Dawai
    from North Ga.

English-Euro-china-japanese road rally, American rock crawlers, pete's pike hill climb. They all have that "magic plastic barricade tape" protecting spectators.. I've seen the same thing in plants when they are doing x-rays of pipes and welds.. stand on the other side of that tape and you are safe???

So what I understand the complaints are?, no barricade tape??

I've been known to turn one loose too.

4. IF......the "Dynamat guy" is still employed there after this would be just lucky for him....and now we know why car events in California[and other places] are being cancelled and why the rest of the hobby has trouble insuring old cars......

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hot Rods are dangerous fellas... They aren't a-side Beach Boy singles marketed to little girls in poodle skirts with a passion for Betty Boop and stainless steel diners. Hot Rods are the bad guys. Deep down, they always will be.

Even so, this ain't so bad to me. It feels kind of staged and cinematic. It would be cooler if dude could actually drive... and no one filmed it.

6. 1low1954ford

1low1954ford
    from LA

Yep. This whole thing was actually a marketing ploy by dynamat. Pretty lame.

7. Damn, I must be the most gullible s.o.b. in Texas. Oh Well, next you guys will say WWF Wrestling is fake.

8. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

i love doing doughnuts

9. S.F.

S.F.

right on...I dont think safe driving and hot rods go together at least part of the time. Robert Williams said it himself, he has seen some of the most tame respectable gentleman get behind the wheel of a hot rod; and turn into the crazyest squirl on the road...im guilty of such situations. somethin about sitting behind the wheel of a hot rod that brings your evil side out.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

DANG! I never thought he would be doing that to such a fine roadster.

He's got my respect. (he could work on his driving skills though)

11. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Rules.... we dont need no stinkin rules....

12. atomickustom

atomickustom

Oh come on, guys! How could anyone watch that and think it is cool? He's just about losing it the whole time, there are people nearby, etc. etc.
    I've roasted plenty of tires in my time, but not flipping around in ellipses 50 feet from a TENT full of people!
    If you want to have fun, you do it when no one else is around. If you want to convince dumb people you are cool, you do it where plenty of people can see you. Period.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

And then you guys get all pissed when someone cancels your next event and you ain't got a clue as to why. One stupid maneuver like that can cancel forthcoming events...there's dumb shits and then there's Les Noyze, one guy that could've ended up killing someone...There's a time and place for all kinds of idiocy, that wasn't one of them. Yep, doesn't show much intelligence to me.

R-

14. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

No I have never been there and I didn't realize in the video the tent with people was there also. It looked like he was the only one up there. Yes I agree one idiot can ruin it for everyone.It happens on cruze nights everywhere.The idiot does a burnout with crowds of people everywhere,then it gets shut down forever. I was wrong assuming this was ok.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Was it dangerous and careless? Yes, but let he amongst us, who is free of sin, throw the first stone.

There's numerous threads on street racing and no one says shit about safety. Doing crazy shit in front of a tent of people, at a stop light or on a lonely stretch of highway... there's no difference. It's a dumb thing to do and all of us have been guilty of it at one time or another. There's a shit load of hypocrits commenting in this thread.

16. Blackie

Blackie

I was there and it was quite strange. He did graze that parking block and from what we heard he blew a head gasket. We were standing in the tent and when it all started just looked at each other like, "what the?"

Sent from a pay phone

17. Theres a time and a place for everything, but this was neither the time or the place for that. Go back to the shop and knock your socks off, not at an event that you could have royally fucked up for everyone. On this subject I can sure see a generation gap in rational and thinking. I guess when you witness someone in the past not getting away with it and crashing, and causing injury to someone other than themselves your mindset changes in a hurry.

18. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Bummer for him he made an ass out of himself in front of a crowd of peers.

Im lost on why a nasty roadster needs dynamat anyway???

19. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

If Hot Rods were safe I would take up another hobby.

20. It's not the HotRod I'm worried about, it's the idiot behind the wheel ! :eek:

21. Now I sure wish I could be caught in a moment like this! Lucky, , sheesh

22. afan

afan
    from michigan

I bet when Scott found out what "LES NOISE" did he got a good ass chewing and a couple days off!
    "LES NOISE" is a wackey guy and probley got caught up in the monmet.He is a party kinda guy.
    They do build their cars to drive! Do not throw stones in a glass house.

23. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Don't build em if you ain't going to drive em.

24. Fucking stupid..what a dipshit.

25. Everybody loves donuts

26. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

I was in the tent when the incident took place. He was pretty quiet and subdued immediately after, and for the remainder of the weekend. I think it was a momentary lapse in judgement, and he probably regrets it now.

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This thread is like a really good painting - full of joy and pain.

In one hand, you have the guy in the funny looking roadster and two accounts for his actions. Either he likes to "party" or he is a pawn in a marketing ploy to sell more sound deadening material. This is the pain.

In the other hand, you have the response of impassioned people that weren't there to see the feat for themselves. They've become so ardent in expressing their own opinion that a new a social cartel has been formed and named - the "TENT PEOPLE." Some folks feel the man behind the wheel is an idiot with a complete lack of any kind of sensible burn out filter. Of course, that omission has put the "TENT PEOPLE" at great risk. God forbid anything happen to those folks...

Then, there is the other group of folks that just wished they were "TENT PEOPLE." To be there and see this man actually drive the funny looking roadster would seemingly be the end-all for them. This is the joy.

At the end of it all, I'm left with only questions. Not so much about right and wrong. Folks should answer that for themselves. But, I'm mostly wondering about the "TENT PEOPLE." Do they realize they are now part of a fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on what side of the line you are on) subculture of hot rodders that were there in the moment?

And I guess it is what it is... Right? Either the funny looking roadster guy likes to party or he likes a good viral marketing campaign. Whatever be the case, mission accomplished. The "TENT PEOPLE" are just like this really great after birth that no one expected to come from it all.

28. burnout2614

burnout2614

Ryan that is some deep thought there. Can I get back to ya later with the answers? peace

29. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

30. Special Ed

Special Ed

All I know is that the former director of the Pete had to fire the last employee to do a burnout there, and that took place down inside the garage. The fired employee had been there for several years, and was a top-notch guy. The director told me it was one of the most difficult things he had ever needed to do, as he was also a good friend. The Pete is adament about this policy. Everybody loves burnouts, but this just wasn't the place.... No way. No how.