Register now to get rid of these ads!

barn find, 29 rdstr pu

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Mar 4, 2012.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well just got here from midland tx, was in front of old wrecker svc i hear for yrs , ex drag car had a hand winch in it then too. sbc 3 spd std trans 8 3/4 rearend, coil springs all around kool headers etc old diamond interior and chrome dash full of guages and a 8 track haha. Thought you might like to see, been a while since i posted anything on here, we are gonna leave it lookin this way but update the suspension and go to a 4 speed and tow the tecoma flyer bonneville car with it at the salt. gonna be fun

Attached Files:

2. Moondog13

Moondog13

Shit man, congrats! She looks awesome! Want a '64 Comet, a ColecoVision and a used pug for it? Hahah. :D ;)

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sweet rpu,great tow rig

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool ride - keep us posted with updates

5. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

How much did you pay?
    Sweet rod!!

6. dang,good score!!!

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

geez...whyntcha ask him if those are his own teeth....or how long he's had that limp....or if he still beats his wife?

I'm amazed at the chutzpah of some people. You don't EVER ask what someone paid for something unless they're a very good friend and you wont' be too offended if they tell you to bugger off.

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Its my customers not mine, just thought it was pretty kool deal, to leave it looking like it did. the new wheels on it now will not be used , not sure what we will put on it yet . but it has glass front fenders and we have nice steel ones to put on and paint to match the rest of it...

9. moefuzz

moefuzz

If that's a barn find I have a bridge in Petaluma you might be interested in, it has fiberglass fenders too.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I like it...cool find Sam

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

It actually sat in front of a wrecker service in texas for 25 yrs not in a barn had a big hand winch in the bed of it. yes it has glass fenders on the front but the rest is steel and no rust and no it hasnt been on the road in yrs but will turn over has new wheels on it and tires just for transport as they hold air. just thought you might enjoy it but if not I have some newer stuff??....... i am amazed at how un touched it is since its build however many yrs ago. old chrome axle etc.

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks Larry it is really an amazing old hot rod, funky coil springs on the front axle and rear end , all heavy duty as was supposed to be a wrecker? :cool:

13. racemad55

racemad55

And take the wood off of the tailgate.

14. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

take the wood off??????

15. love it!! nice score

16. I like it. For some reason it realy speaks to me. :D

17. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

It's gonna make an awesome tow rig. Nice find.

18. koth

koth

I like it too, very cool find and very cool ride! Thanks for sharing it!

19. .... ahhh the 70's when every rodder had a Sears router! .. Sorta gives it character JMO.

Nice little pickup.

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

haha and I wonder what that reason is, I , We love your roadster pu man....:cool:

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

took a few more pics of it today in the shop , here ya go :cool:

Attached Files:

22. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

we blew this thing apart, boxed the frame, put new so cal i beam under it big disc up front with 5.1/2 on 5 pattern, 9 inch ford rear big bolt pattern , 389 posi, 31 spline axles, rebuilt the eng which had a 283 crank in a 327 now has 327 crank and flat pistons instead of big domes, 30/30 out and thunder series hyd in,,,, dual fours , ... blasted the body , no rust no problems very very good shape. fixed all and painted ford candy red very near what it has been whole life. added a four speed in leu of the three speed. new headers, old ones were very rusty, louvered the side panels above running obrds, built a removeable roll bar , can either have roll bar or top on. should be ready to go in about 3 to 4 weeks. here are a few of my pics of it to date

Attached Files: