Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any pilot hambers here?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by 1950Gasser, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

haven't used in any car so far....but I do put avgas into a small tractor I have that gets infrequent use. The avgas (100LL) is extremely stable, does not go bad like mogas. The tractor always starts and runs (if the battery is up :rolleyes:) and that has worked very well for me.

Ray

2. Yeah! I love to fly. Here's my old 172, '59 "Strait tail" in factory colors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tim McMaster

3. I have used it in the LSR Uni before and it works well but 110 Sunoco is better. ;)

4. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Own and operate two, advanced, flight instruction schools. GATTS, Inc. (Instrument and commercial courses for both single and multi-engine) And Turbine Training Center, Inc. (Cessna Caravan and Beech King Air initial and recurrent courses). We had a crop dusting business for about 25 years. I'm a radial engine and taildragger nut. I like to jump out of them as much as I like to fly them!!

5. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

I still have a 1947 Stinson 108-2 Voyager. Used to own & fly the Waco YPF-7 in my avitar.

6. synchro7

synchro7

I've owned the same 66 Cessna 150 for the last 16 years. Still haven't finished my license. Life keeps getting in the way.
    Purchase price was right and I do my own maintenance. I have a buddy that does the annuals for a case of DrPepper plus I have to help him on some other annuals.
    Like Bluedot, I'm a radial engine nut. I've done a lot of work on R-3350 turbo-compound eng.

7. Hot Rod Grampa

Hot Rod Grampa

Student pilot, have afew hours solo, lots of fun, filled the gap when I quit racing antique dirt modified. Maybe some day when things get better I'll finish and get the paper, but I do keep up the medical just in case I get the chance. Have flown Cessna 172, up to 180 hp, a 140 Cherokee, a 160 Warriorand a friend's Mooney, now that's a hot rod!

8. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Yep, E-170/175.

9. Normbc9

Normbc9

Also Douglas AD-4n SkyRaider and a few hours in a Grumman F-8 Bear Cat.
    Fun to look down still. But I'm nor a kid any more.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

10. flyboy89

flyboy89
    from So. Cal.

Got my private ticket in '89. It's been inactive for awhile. Thinking about reactivating it. I get rides in friends airplanes now and then. One has a Great Lakes, another has a Twin Commanche and another has a C-182. Just need more time to devote to it.

11. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

The DC-8 reference along with the Airbus just about narrows it down to United...? My opinion only...the DC-8 had to be about the most beautiful jet-engined airliner ever built. I pushed-back many a UAL DC-8 in the early '70s. DD

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  12. Awesome....I love the "Cats"
    My Uncle Ernie flew FM-2, F6F-5P, and F8F-2P during the Big War.

13. 2935ford

2935ford

A very good friend of mine is a bush pilot in Northern Ontario. I flew with him in this Otter last summer.
    What a GREAT time that was!

Attached Files:

14. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Wow AeroCraftsman, that is gonna be B_U_TEE_FULL.

16. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Im a student pilot and learning to fly. I have most of my time in tail draggers. I've mostly flown a cessna 120, but have some time in T-6's

17. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

i really know nothing of planes,but my 17yr old son wants to become a pilot,any idea's?help/ advice.
    P/M me & i'll forward em to him----chuck

18. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

DD COOPMAN my son DJ{the one i mentioned above} loves your plane in your avatar,he said "now there's a real plane" :D can you give us more info on it?-chuck

Attached Files:

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I wish I'd have started in a tail dragger because I wouldn't have known any better. I've yet to fly one. I always hear the story...two kinds of tailwheel pilots....

I want a float endorsement!

20. I started in trikes then when I got my ticket I bought a tailwheel plane ('46 11AC) Loved that little "Airknocker".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two kinds of tailwheel pilots? I got it out of the way right up front on my first lesson. Six months till it was in the air again. Note the tip of the prop. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

All my Dad flew was tailwheel from beginning to end and he never once "Ground looped".

21. xix32

xix32

was current for 24 years, not any longer.
    had owned a cessna 120 and piper pa 22/20, also built and flew this sonerai for a few years. VW powered 146 m.p.h. in level flight.
    [​IMG]

22. nailz

nailz
    from San Diego

I push buttons on a Boeing 767-300ER. Aerocraftsman....that YKS is beautiful, good luck with that project.

23. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Yes for Trucked Up. Piper Archer since about 1993.

And occasionally my drinking buddys 1946 Piper Cub. That is when we're not drinking.........:D

24. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

pilot by trade..

KC135R instructor pilot Air National Guard
    Corporate pilot on the civilian side for avionics manufacturer
    Airframe & Powerplant rated mechanic with IA too (where i got my start in Aviation)

few pics from the office..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  25. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

Gotta finish a hot rod or two before I've got the spare coin to get back into airplanes again. Certificated (yup, that's the word straight from Uncle Sam's lexicon) A&P and instrument pilot. Gotta get me an RV one of these days, those things are slicker than snot! And fast too. Fits the hot rod bill in my book. Conventional gear of course.

26. farmer12

farmer12

Captain B737 with KLM.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  27. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

haven't flown in awhile but still have my ticket, live on an airstrip or was before the feral hogs started plowing it up. Mostly small tail draggers , great way to relax and look for old tin, :D my avatar, Fleet 7, 125 hp Kinner

Attached Files:

28. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I bet you know Kyle Franklin from here where I live.

John

29. Experimental Aircraft Association young Eagles program is a good start.

I joined the "Civil Air Patrol" when I was 14... hung around the airport enough to get a few hours in and met quite a few pilots willing to share the flying experience for cleaning help on the aircraft.

Colorado also has a couple of "CAF" (Commemorative Air Force) chapters where he can get experience with vintage trainers, fighters, and Bombers!

Between these three groups I think he'll be well connected in a short time to a local school and FBO!