Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats a four door coe worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1929Essex, Mar 1, 2012.

1. 1929Essex

1929Essex

I got a chance to pick up a four door COE truck, basically a cab with doors and the original flathead and trans still in it. I will probably part it out due to space and I have too many projects. Its kind of rough, I will try to get some pics up but wanted to hear some opinions first.

2. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

3. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

4. subdajj

subdajj

Make year condition

5. Sounds like a Ford. Rough or not that's a damn stupid thing to part out and destroy and not even try to sell, those are pretty damned rare and there are guys who'd about kill for one. You're not going to find it in a value guide - they're that rare, it may even be coachbuilt/aftermarket; the only way to figure out value is to look for old ads online and see what they sell for.

But really, come on, don't let your skill level blind you to the fact someone else may want the thing.

6. jalopy45

jalopy45

The US Forest Service and some of the rail roads had double cabs or crummies built for their work crews right up to the late 60's when the factories started produceing them. I'd like to see some pictures too.

7. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

+1 on the pics.

8. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

If it is a '32 Ford truck it might be worth a little bit more than a '59 Dodge truck.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Photos??????????????

10. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Dude are you kidding?!?!?! There are guys on here who would give their first born for a 4 door COE!!!!! If it is worth saving then let somebody have it. They are that rare...

11. 1929Essex

1929Essex

ok maybe i shouldnt have said "part it out." by that i meant i would get it and sell it complete or i'd keep the flathead and sell the rest all together. its a ford, definetly in the 50's. its at a shop i used to work at and the guy called me up and told me to make him an offer around scrap price. I will try to get some pictures soon.

12. Cornerwindows

Cornerwindows
    from Oregon

I'd just pull the trigger and buy it if its around scrap price. its a can't lose deal

13. 4dr COEs are nearly impossible to find. Please don't scrap it.

14. boldventure

boldventure

15. 1929Essex

1929Essex

i'm not going to scrap it. i'm basically trying to figure out what its worth so i can offer it to someone else and hopefully throw a few bucks back into my projects.

16. i want it
    to bad its so far away

17. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch
    from Easley SC

Mo doe's, mo money$!!!

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

4 dr coe??!! thats rarer than a,a,a, 32 ford:D considering how many barn find 32s that are on here!

i would like to see some pics. i love the unusual.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  19. Awesome!!! Sorry about the scrap comment. The scrappers out here have lost their minds and have no clue or care about what the stuff is worth to a collector. I'm glad you've got the right idea in mind.

20. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

PICTURES!!!! Now!!!!

21. If the body is all there, I sold a '66 Ford crewcab that wasn't a COE - one of the first factory made crew cabs - that was a complete piece of shit for $750 last summer. By that I mean the guy basically bought it for the cab, it had all the doors but the corners and rockers were rotty and it wasn't straight in the back.

The '50s ones - and if it's a flathead it must be '53 or earlier - were much rarer, they were custom made, and the older they get the more desirable they get. Add in that it's a COE and not a pickup and that ups the desirability even more. Buying that at scrap price is a total no-brainer - put it on eBay for double your investment with a ton of good photos and you may crap yourself when the auction ends.

22. 1929Essex

1929Essex

ok guys here are some pics. hard to get good ones because of where it was. the flathead motor is in it, and both rear doors are off but laying inside the truck. headlight lenses are missing and grille is gone. once i get it home and clean it up i will post more pictures but at this point i'm gonna give it a good scrub, try to hang the doors and put her on ebay. anyone give me a year? heads on the motor said 59AB, dont know if that helps any.

Attached Files:

• coe.jpg
      coe.jpg
      File size:
      509.7 KB
      Views:
    • coe1.jpg
      coe1.jpg
      File size:
      516.9 KB
      Views:
    • coe2.jpg
      coe2.jpg
      File size:
      490 KB
      Views:
  23. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

That's cool I want it..

24. 51delivery

51delivery

as cool as it gets!!!

25. deto

deto

buy it now

26. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

My guess is 42 to 47 Ford and it is well worth saving for sure!!

27. olskool34

olskool34

I'm confused, was this a factory body??

28. TIN INDIAN MAN

TIN INDIAN MAN

I just sold a 51 FORD 4 dr. got a ton $ This one was probley a power co. or oil well co. You should post it here 1st

29. TIN INDIAN MAN

TIN INDIAN MAN

This is a "factory job" probly made by MARMON-Harrington, some were made by NAPCO who did the 4X4 to the early models

30. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

[​IMG]

SERIOUS WOOD HERE