Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ooltewah Speed Shop, is he alright?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Traditions Racing, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Ooltewah Tenn, all over CNN, hit pretty hard I guess, anyone heard from him? He might need our prayers right now, TR

2. sota

sota

I'm just north of him and a second large storm is in there right now I hope he is prayers sent

3. RIDE-ON sota thanks for that, the town looked leveled what they showed on CNN. I used to own 18 acres in Sevierville, I'm always thinking about my old friends from Tenn., TR

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  4. Ooltewah Baptist Church at 5514 Main Street has opened its Gym to offer services to the public in the affected area, TR

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Prayers and well wishes.... BTT for Ootlewah

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

X2. Just PMed him. It appears he's online right now.. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.

7. Just texted Gator he's near Nashville and good.

8. sota

sota

Good news!just got a pm fromOoltewahSpeed Shop he said he is OK

9. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Thanks for the thoughts Brothers.... Fortunately our family has been spared from the destruction again. Last April it missed us by inches, literally. Today's HELL storm missed our place to the north by about 2 miles, right where my Dad lives. Luckily his home was missed by about 200 yards. All around him is a TOTAL disaster area. Unbelievable mass destruction. Every road into the Ooltewah area is shut down and off limits. Our local marina is wiped out. Estimated at $200 million lost in watercraft and marina.

Again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers, we are good. Please keep our local folks in your prayers, they are gonna need them.

Here's a few shots from my LONG worried trip home from work.

Kevin, Penny, & Family

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Glad to hear you and yours are ok! Gary

11. metalix_421

metalix_421

glad to hear you guys are ok. prayers you the people afected there.

12. I called Bob at Rebel wire as soon as I heard. Narrowly missed them. Glad to hear that!

13. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Kev, Glad that you and your family are O.K. Hope that others in your area were also spared. Hope those in need are being helped. Wish all the best for everyone in Ooltewah.

Dave

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

That's about a block from my house. Ooltewah High School has a triage unit setup. The sirens have not stopped since I got home. The Tornado warning siren on top of the mountain behind us has gone off multiple times in the last few hours. The rain and hail are pounding the area right now. Another BIG cell just to the west headed this way. Not out of the woods just yet.

15. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

glad to hear your ok bro. It seems we missed it again..thank the lord. I know a fellow that lost his house in the tornado last year..he lives in Apison..not too far. continue to be thankful for what he have..a lot of people around here are not so fortunate. again, glad to hear all of you are ok.

16. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

FINALLY talked to our daughter at MTSU in middle Tennessee after being worried sick about her.... She is ok and in her dorm room. :) Here's what they are getting.

Attached Files:

17. Glad y'all are ok over there man!

18. richie rebel

richie rebel

glad to hear all is well with you and yours,stay safe

19. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Crazy stuff- I'm about 10 miles from MTSU and about an hour ago I stood on my front porch and watched my up the street neighbors get pelted with golf ball sized hail while the down the street neighbors and I got none. Wind has been howling like a banshee, but so far so good here.

20. Glad to hear you are ok Kev.

21. Drewski

Drewski

I'll be leaving for that area tomorrow morning with my truck loaded with supplies and equipment. My daughters home located in the Harrison area was destroyed this morning. Luckily she had gone out to pick up some items in case they lost electricity and the tornado hit while she was gone.

Drew

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

Like Kev always says...Don't worry, Worryin's for Pussy's.

Looks like you guys got drilled pretty bad. Relieved to hear you all are okay. Hang in there man!

Much Aloha,

Jason

23. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Good luck getting to her Drew. If you can't get in and need a place to park you're truck, you are MORE than welcome to bring it here. If you need anything, let me know. PM me for details if you need them.

Kevin

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

As you well know... I don't worry about much, but when I can't get one of my kids on the phone "Freak Out Mode" kicks in. Keep all the less fortunate in your thoughts and prayers. Kentucky and Indiana are still getting a pounding.

25. Drewski

Drewski

Thank You. Much appreciated.

Drew

26. hemifarris

hemifarris

Glad it missed you and your relatives. Take care............Mike

27. DeepSea Fish

DeepSea Fish

This thread kinda freaked me out there Kev. I don't get on here alot but saw the CNN footage from Ooltewah and figured I'd check on you, Penny and the kids. When I saw this it made me worry. Damn glad to see you and yours are ok. Those pics are SCARY. Prayers and thoughts are on the way.

28. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

The sirens and Tornado Horns have finally chilled out. Hopefully we are in the clear.

Thanks again for the concern and prayers from ALL of our Hamb brothers and sisters. Tomorrow will bring light on what it's gonna take to clean this mess up. Like I said before, keep the less fortunate in mind.... They need it.

K&P

29. Glad you all are OK.
    Those tornados sure cause a lot of havoc........

We lost our house in the one that came thru Joplin last year.

Then, several small towns north of here got hit Tuesday night,
    as well as the tourist mecca -- Branson. That twister went
    right down the country music show "strip" (Hwy 76) and on
    thru town to that fancy shopping area "The Landing". Path
    of that tornado was fairly narrow, but still a fair amount of
    damage.

Thoughts and prayers for all folks affected by storms.

30. Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash

Damn those pics are freaky with the boats turned over and trees chopped off. Scary Shit right there. Glad everybody in your family is ok.