Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by effie_man, Dec 3, 2011.

1. effie_man

effie_man

update:

after 8 months i did finally receive my stuff, but i got sent shitty rubber ball joint boots, incomplete fasteners and ford upper control arm brackets instead of merc ones.

Been playing email tag for almost 2 months now and i still have no correct parts.

In April it will be a whole friggin year waiting.

Jamco has a lot of cool stuff that id love to get for my merc but with the way things have been going ill never buy anything from them again. They are great to talk to when you actually talk to them, but they only tell you what they want to hear.

Not a great experience.

2. I agree a lot of net stuff and the A-arms kit I finally got went on easier then any other kit I have used in a long time. I did not have to ream a signal hole and looks great I can only praise there product.

That being said they need to work harder on service, I have found that poor service put people out of business faster then bad product and would hate to see this out let for parts disappear

Would I use them again I do not know If I did I would probably have to have a friend pickup the parts and send them to me

again there product is some of the best I have ever used and there service is some of the worst I have seen.

3. hotrod al

hotrod al
    BANNED
    from phoenix

I ordered a complete front end for my 49 Merc vert to replace the stock one. They told me they had problems with the originals and were retooling. It took about 3 mo. but when they got here, they fit and worked well. Guess its luck of the draw?

4. VickyBlue

VickyBlue
    from Fresno CA

I ordered a pair of front springs from them. It has been 3 weeks and I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone... I paid up-front and no one is returning my calls or emails. I filled a case with BBB just now. Even though they are not registered with the BBB, they have 7 complains as of today.
    I wish I had checked them out prior to sending them any money. Use at your own risk, but as far as I am concerned, it's a waste of time.

5. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

VickyBlue, What is your name, I will look up your Coil Spring order and get an update. We manufactrue all of our coils per order and the typical lead time runs about 10 - 14 business days for manufacturing + the shipping time. This can very from set to set, but is usully with in this time frame.

**PM also sent**

6. I steered a friend of mine to jamco and wished i never did. He was even down there to get his parts a week or two ago. Promised to get his parts that Wednesday but never showed. All i here now is his rant and he is hot, i mean hot.

7. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

I got my parts sent to sweden ! To bad it was only the half kit. that arrived around christmas. So now im still wating for the rest of the kit.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

With so many Americans out of work you would think hiring some help might not be a bad idea? I am sure their are some good people out there who could answer phones and emails and track orders so the business could be made to function better.

9. I had trouble with my rear springs being too short by 3/8". The trouble turned out to be the manufacture. In the end Jamco made things right.

Tim

10. eddie1

eddie1

I ordered control arms, coils, leafs, steering etc, etc for my 51 Ford a few years ago. Waited a long time for the control arms but was told that up front & was kept in the loop as to what was happening. Everything else was within a couple of weeks of ordered. I have no complaints at all about their service & would use them again.

11. BinderRod

BinderRod

It seems that I am getting the same song and dance as the rest of you. You can call and call and if your lucky they might return your call in a few days. When you do talk to someone I get the same story after 2 weeks.
    ( We only have 3 of your shocks but, we will send someone to get the other shock from a vendor thats 30 miles away. I will make sure it goes right out)

I ordedred drop springs and shocks and they don't make any of the parts and that was in January.

I bet it didn't take this long to long to use my PayPal money.

I will never deal with Jamco again

12. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Busy doesn't cut it. It isn't my fault or problem that they are busy.
    Ordered a pair of lowering blocks 3 weeks ago. Called last week, emailed this weekend and called today. Never get through to someone. Always leaving a message.
    My job is customer service so I'm an authority on what's good and bad. Theirs isn't bad bc they HAVE NONE!
    NEVER shopping there again.

13. finally got the rest of my parts after JURY DUTY, a DEATH in the FAMILY and the wrong parts

so now the car can come off the rack and on to the next one

Again excellent parts bad service IMO:rolleyes:

14. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

I sent you a PM about my order as well.

15. 6inarow

6inarow

Well said.

This thread is 4 months old and they are still alliance vendors? I would not want my endorsement on something that makes me look that bad

16. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

I dropped them a PM as I figured it was the polite thing to do....asking about my front disc brake conversion for my 50 that I ordered Feb 1st.....yup...a month ago...

THis was their reply:
    John, we drop shipped your brake kit to because we were having trouble getting our caliper brackets. I will contact our supplier and get back to you.

not sure what to make of that....it was dropped shipped? Or they drop ship and since they are having problems with their supplier (I see a theme going on here) that they would find out and get back to me....that message was on 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM and I have yet to get an update.

I had also ordered transmission and engine mount kit to put a chevy engine into a 50 ford, window and door handles, and a copy of the green bible on CD as well as a paper back version....I recieved all the order minus the CD and obviouslly I havent received the brake kit....

I think their parts quality is great....which is why I chose them again (another story there)...but after this....I hardly think I can throw almost $1,000 of my hard earned money to wait for parts with Zero concern to my needs on behalf of Jamco....these parts were needed so I can get my car to the Lone Star Round Up this year...thats why I ordered them back February 1st.....but the rate its going now I will be a spectator once again at the show.

My other order was last year when I bought the upgraded brake cylinder conversion kit....it must have taken 2 months before I got it, when I called in...you can only guess the excuse.......yup.....supplier issue.....

I would think if the supplier is the #1 cause of upsetting your customer base....that perhaps you shop around for a new supplier...even one that might cause the price of your parts to increase slightly....I would think (and I am including myself in this)...that if I had to pay an extra 10-20 bucks for a large item part...and the part was guaranteed to ship ontime....I would definitely do it!!!!

Now I am about to call Jamco again....and see whats up....probably no farther along then where I was when I wrote this email....ho hum....

Update - nothing shocking.....left a message....at 230pm Central Time....I indicated I was frustrated and want to get this resolved asap....im not holding my breath

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  17. 5window

5window

Adidasink.sigh. :( I cannot fathom why these folks continue to be Alliance vendors. I am not currently an Alliance member, so I really cannot complain they've done the Alliance wrong. But, even regular HAMb members would think an Alliance vendor not only gave discounts,but also gave a damn about hotrodding and customer service and was a reliable place to order from. But it's Ryan's game and only he gets to say who is in and who is out.

Hope you get your parts soon.

18. pure rock fury

pure rock fury

ordered my drop kit a month ago.ive been trying to ahold of someone there.i called 13 times yesterday and 20 today!its bullshit,if you dont want to talk send me my $$$$ back!what a joke answer your phone.ive heard good things about them,but never again.need my stuff in the next month for my wedding!

19. Here's a question: Everyone seems to be ordering parts just fine - no delays there, but why does the phone ring and ring for order updates? Caller I.D.? If so, that's kinda snake-like.

20. Can't tell you about their phone answering skills but everytime I sent Jim
    (hotwheelz) a PM on here he got back to me within a day. Todd

21. Ive ordered several things from them- very high quality parts- but yes it sucks when they dont answer their phones.

Luckily for me, I live 15 minutes from them, so when I couldnt get an answer, I would just drive over there.

Nice guys in person- but yeah I also think they need to hire someone or route the store phone to their cell phone or something......

22. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I ordered 2" lower front springs for my '50 Chevy on 3/12 and received them today 3/26. No complaints here!
    Bruce

23. I ordered my drop leaf springs from them in late January. They said, "It will only take 2 1/2 weeks to get all components at the door step." I had looked at enough places for springs that I knew it would take longer since it usually takes 4-6 weeks to make a good set of springs. I eventually received the springs, shocks, shackles, and u-bolts. As everyone has stated, the quality is good but the customer service could come up a little.

24. greasy53

greasy53

I had Jamco's owner pm me out of the blue to give me instructions over the phone on how to flip my shackles...then he sent me the shackle bushings for half off the regular price to arrive the next day so I can get them on before viva this weekend...I have nothing but great things to say and a smooth ordering experience with Jamco and Jim Genty...I would recommend them to anyone who needs parts for their car...Thanks Jamco!

25. tkmark

tkmark
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

I've been calling Jamco several times a week for advise, before I go ahead and order their rear susp. package. They have yet to answer the phone. Anybody have any ideas?

26. Send hotwheelz a PM. He is the owner of Jamco.

27. 5window

5window

yeah,read posts #1-84.

28. LUCKY DEVIL 13

LUCKY DEVIL 13

A buddy is building a 49 shoebox and ordered the lowered leaf spring kit and it took over a month to get the parts tried calling several times with no response - A little rediculous if you ask me....

29. LostHope

LostHope

That was awesome!:D

30. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Ordered my 3" lowering springs and shocks yesterday.. I cannot wait to lower the 60!