Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Ideas on How to customize my truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69farmtruck, Feb 29, 2012.

1. 69farmtruck

69farmtruck
    from gray tn

Here Is my ride, its a 69 f100 on a 70 frame. It has a rebuilt 300 in it, a rust free frame, and I have restored the interior. So its on to the body! It had this wood bed on it when I got it. Keep it, or get a real bed. The truck has been lowered, but I want to airbag the rear so I can sit it on the ground. So any Ideas on paint, what to do with the bed, and how to lower it would be great!

Attached Files:

2. el shad

el shad

Ditch the bed, get a fleet-side, bag it all around and drive the piss out of it.

That or sell it and spend all the money on cocaine and hookers.

So basically do whatever makes you happy.

3. cool truck, but i think its a little off topic for this forum

4. Acme45

Acme45

Chrome fender vents from O'Reilly's

5. Lild

Lild

6. here

Attached Files:

7. Its already got red wheels, a funky grant steering wheel and tweed seats. Throw a proper truck bed on it and paint it flat black. Then you can call it a traditional 50s custom. :rolleyes:

Goll durn, I had 3 fords cust 'em all.

If it were mine I would forget the belly dragger thing, that's for mini truckers. Put a bed on it leave the stance alone, get yourself a good Maaco job and drive it.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  8. badshifter

badshifter

S10 frame swap.
    Seriously though, look around the HAMB get some ideas and a apply them to your truck. The cut off year for us is 1964. But the info you find here will help you. Just don't post the late model stuff. Read the rules and lurk a bit.

9. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Um just start customisen I geuss. You have to be the artist its your ride not ours. Just so you know about 64 or 5 is the cut off line for this site. Your gonna get alot lot of shit from the others. And not only that. But if the rules were not inforced. This would just be a big free for all. You would see donks monster trucks jeeps demolition derby cars S10s with 50 ford dashes in them. So thats why. If you want to be a part of this site so bad. Your gonna have to get your self an older ride.

10. yeah definately hang around. you'll learn a lot.

11. 69farmtruck

69farmtruck
    from gray tn

Sorry I didnt realize the 64 or older rule. I just heard about this site having lots of good info on it.

12. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

13. 69farmtruck,
    Listen to old soul here.

There is a reason that I seldome post my '61 Willys. It is a good parts hauler but it will never count as a traditional hot rod or custom. You got yourself the beginnings of an excellent parts hauler there. No reason that you can't purdy it up or even make it into a custom show type of a truck. At the end of the day it is an excellent parts hauler and would make you a sweet dailey driver.

You found us so whay don't you muck around here a while and find out what we are about. You may find out that you want to drive that sucker while you are building your next ride. Your next ride may very well end up being a traditional hot rod or custom.

14. If you are not already on the Fordification forum, check them out. A wealth of info. on the 67-72 Ford trucks. Mostly restorations, but some nice customs here and there. Your biggest challenge will be lowering the front with the twin I beams. You can replace it all with IFS, or there is a company called Dream Beams (or that is their product) that makes lowered TIBs. Not cheap, but good products I'm told.
    If it were me, de-badging, add a short fleetside bed, lowering, clean up the tailgate (smooth), get rid of any step bumpers (smooth), better side mirrors, wheels more appropriate to the era and focus on the drive train. Nice paint would be cool too.

15. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I love that body style Effies, and yeah theyre too new for here.
    But.....i'll give you my advice and opinions anyway.

1st thing: ditch the bed and get a fleetside one.
    2nd 1st thing: Throw that steering wheel in the trash and get a decent Superior or a stock one.
    3rd 1st thing: get a stock bench seat and get rid of the late model one.

Best thing you could do is slammin it in the weeds on some nice paint, think 70s style, rolling on either 5 spokes or wires, but in both cases on skinny whites.
    Restore stock interior or do some simple rolls n pleats or diamond tuck. Simple n bad ass.
    If you do this you could turn it into a "Vantastic" ride just by swappin the skinny whites with white letter tires...

Have a lok here:
    http://www.losboulevardosmessageboard.com/forum.php
    Its the right site for a truck of that vintage, provided you wanna take it in the "right" direction.

16. squirrel

squirrel

here you go! a traditional lowrider f 100

[​IMG]

17. Paint it yellow , haul melons , become a badass!

18. .... and fab a lumber rack to tie the blue tarp/shade too ... for those hot-selling farmers market days.

19. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

20. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

My ole man always said , if ya ain't got nuttin good to say , don't say nuttin .
    NO COMMENT.....put a bed on it.(and not flat like my sister)

21. Bilt

Bilt

Cut the frame in the rear, put a SHORT bed on it, paint it close to original, and make sure you get the rear bumper which matches the front!!! Leave the stance just like it is now. I think those trucks look pretty good just like they are.

But if you want to go nuts, cut the center section from the tailgate and pull the area where it says Ford out and bring it flush to where the lips are on the left and right side of the gate. THis will still give you about a onch inch indention in the gate. Cut the indention off the back of the cab and make it flush so the back of the cab is flush with the rear window then cut the body line off the side of the truck and bead roll a new one that is only about one inch wide. Put one piece door windows in it removing the wing windows. Move the gas tank to the bed area and cap off the old gas cap filler. Pretty extreme but just saying it would be cool.

22. ScottyVenture

ScottyVenture

As far as lowering, your best options are DJM Dream Beams in the front, and either flipping the shackles, or flipping the axle and notching the frame.