Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Vintage tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gromit, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Gromit

Gromit

I was talking to a pal yesterday about tires for his project. we got on to some of the cool tire designs we had seen. I recall an old Ford (1956) I had seen 20 odd years ago that had a set of boots called "Big Daddy" or Big Daddies" He mentioned Playboy Tires (had the bunny logo) Does anyone else recall either of these or is it some weird flashback from drinking too much Lemon Gin as a kid? I can't find either on the Google. Would love some for my Fairlane.

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

In the late sixties Mad Dawg tires were popular (with unpopular people).

They were a wide bias ply rear tire for hot rods not the Mad Dog off road tires they have today. If you had a Camaro or Mustang they were mandatory equipment along with long shackles, Cherry Bomb mufflers and fake hood pins.

3. I liked posi-tracs. They had an interlocking bone tread. I think M/C repops them.

I never saw play boys or bid daddies that I recall. I kid I went to shool with named Murphy had Club tires on his Biscain. They had little shamrocks on the side wall.

4. Never saw any Playboy tires as I recall but the guys with the Playboy decals usually couldnt get the girls!

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

HA HAH!!! Spit my post toasties all over my moniter!

We have migrant farm workers in these parts. Lots of lettuce workers drive 3/4 ton pickups, and nearly all of them have the playboy bunny logo on the back window.

Most sport the chrome nude pinups on the mud flaps, too. Migrant heteros, at least...

6. randle dunlap

randle dunlap

I have a old play boy tire made by the El dorado tire co if i knew how to use this web site i would up load a picture of the tire it is not a myth if you don't believe me contact me at [email protected] and ill send you a pic of thr tire!!!!!

7. fordsbyjay

fordsbyjay
    from Lafayette

I found this thread while looking for some pics. I had a set of Playboy tires in the mid 80's. They were old as heck then. I don't know who made them but they had Playboy on the side and the bunny logo. They were a mud/snow tire with holes for studs. Go figure. I wish I had a picture but that was a long time ago.

8. 4404spd

4404spd

They were actually called Astro GT PLayboy tires.... The Mad Dawgs were mainly heavy grip economy winter tires for passenger cars. Mad Dawg G-60 14's were about 27$ per tire and the Astro GT PLayboy summer tires were about $20 per tire up here in northern Alberta...

fordsbyjay likes this.
  9. Sorry but this is a old thread and.....

[​IMG]

HRP

10. These are those tires!

Attached Files:

leon bee likes this.