Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post up your pictures of the "Worst Hackjob" you've come across.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Holy crap. That thing would make Ray Charles flinch.

2. fluiddrive1949

fluiddrive1949
    from Austin TX

all the rust gone! new floor in LOL floor of a 1953 cadillac hearse. sad to think its in the hands of this "master craftsman"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

I hear he living in a storage space in Broken Arrow. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He still runs a tuesday night cruse in BA. For the life of me I can't understand when down 71st street there is a cruize that draws 2-300 cars every tuesday night. Why would you go to this piece of shits cruize? At least most people know about him and want nothing to do with this turd.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your musics not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's the steering on a car I am working on. impact u-joints and sockets, plus misc pieces of steel. not sure who booger welded the bracket to the frame, but luckily it was not the same guy who welded the sockets and swivels together. at least the cobbled up sockets and swivels had some penetration.

it has since been replaced with $300.00 worth of Borgeson U-joints and shafts.

at one time this was a nice truck. the motor was all chromed and polished, even has AC. the body and bed has no poor body work or even a patch panel as far as I can tell. 6000 miles over about 20 years as a HOT ROD. frame off build. I can't imagine what they were thinking.

this shot is looking up. the camera is basically right next to the front tire. notice the frame boxing plate is no longer welded to the frame. I'd guess it was booger welded and ground down to nothing and cracked over time.
    [​IMG]

view from the top. you can see the sockets.
    [​IMG]

on a positive note, the steering column is colapsible. safety first!
    [​IMG]

close-up.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  5. BRENT

BRENT

Threeston, You made my day... LOL

6. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Note to self: Keep all old shocks, they make dandy rod ends!

7. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

So were they at least a good brand of swivels or were they Harbor Frieght China junk? :D

8. If you look close, you can see the "warning: do not use as steering component."

9. Wat_Tyler

Wat_Tyler
    from right here

Is that building paper for convertible top material??? I sincerely lol'ed at this one.

Lotta Darwin Awards candidates in this thread.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

one of them is a Snap-On ! I couldn't believe it.

11. Hey if those are snap on at least they got a lifetime guarantee. :D:D

You wouldn't believe the lame stuff I have cut from old cars over the years.

I bought a low budget dirt car from a fella once for the engine. It had a 455 in it. He quit racing because it busted a drive shaft and it scared him. Damned good thing. The drive shaft was sticking thought the 22 gauge galvanized floor board. He had cut it with a pipe cutter in the middle and brazed it up (brazed as in brass rod). He said he made it around the track once and it started to vibrate. He figured maybe he had a wheel out of balance.

He was racing on one of those local 1/8 mile dirt tracks. He told me he was going to race for a year to figure out how to do it then go pro. :eek:

12. speedy427

speedy427

I know what you mean. I think my puke just puked!

13. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

This one I bought for parts. I love the custom front sheet metal treatment. Surprisingly, mechanically it was mostly original. The body panels were mudded up pretty good but all four doors were pretty decent with only a few pin holes and the normal stress cracks in the rear doors.

[​IMG]

Here's the interior of the first '37 Buick I bought. It was all sown together with blue yarn. Long story but my neighbor was the one that got me involved with this car. We dragged it up from Peoria. After making all kinds of comments about the upholstery a few days later I went to the same neighbor's house and we realized he had the same material on his living room set.

[​IMG]

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Had a friend who bought a FED rolling chassis in the mid 80's. The entire steering linkage setup was made with 3/8" drive universals, chrome plated ones. The butterfly wheel had about 1/4 turn of slack from center, either direction it was turned. I can't imagine anyone actually drove it that way; if they did, it had to be a handfull. Friend never did anything with it and passed it along to someone else. It was his BIL who bought my FED from me, and he sold it and is now for sale, again, in Oregon for $19,000.00; I read the ad, and it's totally bogus. When I had it, it was a good car, even though it was SHORT at 120" W.B. Butch/56sedandelivery.

15. 1959apache

1959apache

lol

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Actually I save the eye with a bit of shaft ….. they make great exhaust hangers

17. LeaveItToBeaver

LeaveItToBeaver
    from Ennis, TX

Here's a few pics of a motor mount on a 54 Studebaker that I was asked to rework after it failed. The passenger side broke off and I don't think the driver's side was far behind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. peter johnson

peter johnson

Trying not to laugh at the steering shots!!!

19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

OK. here's some Denver winners.
    First for your viewing pleasure:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm afraid of 1 loose wire on my truck, guess he isnt so much. The frame has some AWESOME custom work to fit the steering through... didnt want to look at it too long afraid it might fall apart on me

And a second:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    didnt get a pic of the door latch, literally they wrap a hunk of chain around the b pillars and lock the door shut with a padlock while driving. Gotta love that front suspension.... Safety first!

And number 3:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go head and see if you can count the shitty hacked things on 1 and 2. 3 might be more a matter personal taste.

And yes, the worst part is they DRIVE these. When i see them I duck!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  20. atomickustom

atomickustom

Those guys all read Old Skool Rodz and sit around together laughing at "jerks" who spend more than $250 on a car, don't they?

21. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

1 and 2 in my pics do have a shitty rat rod club, where they pride themselves on how shitty their cars are. If you wanna build a shitty cobbled car, by all means, go ahead, just dont drive that fucker on my street and risk my life too.

22. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

This one showed up at the Jefferson, WI swapmeet a couple of years ago. I like the open driveshaft, imagine accidently dropping your arm down there while driving?:

Attached Files:

23. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I'm really tired of these rusty piles of shit, they used to amuse me, but now I'm only tired.

24. englishhemi32

englishhemi32

that surely couldnt have drove??? biggest pile of turd i have ever seen!! waste of parts

25. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Bad part of all this is that many of these creations are out on the road or track, and someone is going to get hurt or killed.

26. cederholm

cederholm

Who the hell has enough time to waste building that??? Time better spent taking a dump - better end product too.

27. 58edselretractable

58edselretractable

I saw this POS there. I only live 10 miles from there. There was another Model A truck thing there that was about just as bad.

28. rustang

rustang

I've seen that one too at some shows here in WI..

29. 117harv

117harv

What's left of a bug body....the steering does jump out, but there are so many :eek::eek:'s

Attached Files:

30. Muttley

Muttley

The sad part is that quite a few of those turds will be sold off to some moron for big bucks that think those piles of trash are cool. That will, in the builders mind, justify his unholy creation and another will be built.