Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Dave, how do you like the 14s? I have a set of 14s and was wondering how the ride was, never got around to putting them on because of the lowered front end, got me thinking when i seen yours though..

2. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I love 'em. This isn't my first set, either. The car came with 14-inch turbine mags, I initially went to 185/80/13s on the front and 195/75/14s in the rear. Later I went to 195/75/14s all the way around on Maverick wheels with '52 Ford hubcaps. I ran that way for about two years and now I have those tires on the 14-inch Falcon wheels - steering effort is light and the rpm reasonable. Best of all is the look since my car isn't lowered: it lost the "pregnant rollerskate" look.

-Dave

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I know exactly what your talkin about, althou theyre not goin on a falcon, but on a 72 euro ford that is exact same dimensions, and the space under the wells is the same...car is bagged now, but will get hydros soon.
    Ironically Trus should go w/ the tires in the future, but now they'll mount on some steels.
    Thanx for the pic!

5. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Yeah, let's keep that on the down low. My wife wants a V8 Falcon, and the last thing I need is for her to decide the 440 in my mother's garage would be perfect for it.

-Dave

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

As far as I can tell, other than the stampings, there's no difference between the 7 M Gs you sent and the other three.

They all look killer. So good, in fact, that I'm wondering if I can eventually run them with a spacer on the disc brakes.

-Dave

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Ah hah! According to this website, those three-digit codes are date codes. The order is year, month, and day. Thus, a 7 M G wheel was produced December 7, 1967; a 4 M K wheel December 10, 1964; and a 5 M A wheel December 1, 1965.

Apparently Ford only produced wheels in December.

Edit: This website offers an alternate explanation for the coding, one which is wheel specific. According to it, the break down is year, supplier, and month; with "M" standing for Motor Wheel Corporation*.

As such, 7 M G would be a wheel produced in July 1967; a 4 M K wheel would be a wheel produced in October 1964; and a 5 M A wheel would be a wheel produced in January 1965.

-Dave

* I used to live in their former Lansing, Michigan factory.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  8. MrModelT

MrModelT

I glad they turned out good and they do look great on the car! The two I sent you were actually used as snow tire spares for a friends '65 Mustang. They have not been on a car since 1980.

Good find on the Decoder stuff too! ..will have to print that an put it in with my Falcon notes :D

9. The Law

The Law
    from N. AZ

Finally decided to post mine. It's not 100% traditional, and im not exactly sure of the direction but I am having a ton of fun building it. This car has been in my family since it was new and purchased by my grandpa on a summer vacation in 1962 when their old falcon over heated in Oregon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Routing battery cables...

[​IMG]
    Trying to hide the uglies

[​IMG]
    I know its not all traditional, but I like it. I built this motor out of leftovers. It has TRW forged pistons hung on 289 rods and crank. Block is a early 70's 302. Had the manifold and carb from other projects in the past. Backed by a c4 now, but have a t5 for it. Juice clutch.
    That coil was just for mock up...
    Feed back welcome, try not to beat me up to bad.

Rob

10. KK500

KK500

Pic from Vintage Motorsport mag 2006.2

Attached Files:

11. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

i'm totes gonna push that idea on her! and you, ofcourse.

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'll list the 440/Torqueflite combo in the classified ads tonight! If I am unwilling to put her in a Y-powered Falcon because of the weight over the front wheels, I sure as heck am not putting her in one with an RB MoPar!

-Dave

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

14. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

New rolling stock and stance (via air shocks) for 2012. more to come!

SO much better than the 185/60/13's!
    now i need to find baby moons that fit the early mustang 14's.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Can't wait to ride in it!

-Dave

16. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Who has done the modern driveline 5 speed conversion on an I6? I know there were a few guys that have. My Question is what trans did you use (year and make) and where did the shifter location end up? and for shit and giggles what are you getting for millage.

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I didn't do it, but I researched it pretty well before I came into my '57 Ford overdrive. The adapter mounts a Fox Mustang T5. Shifter location is fine in a '60s Mustang, but interferes with the tunnel brace, the front of the bench seat, and/or the console on a Falcon. Modern sells a "front-shift" transmission that appears to be a Mustang trans with an S10 tail housing to solve the problem. There may still be a problem with the speedometer housing.

If you're willing to notch the tunnel brace, there are a couple tricks to making the Mustang shifter work with the Falcon seat/console.

-Dave

18. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I did not hear it interferes with the brace just the seat... I just sold a s10 housing....Dam! I guess I will call some people...

19. falconeer

falconeer

Hey Respect,
    Go to Falconwagon 62 on the ranchero forum site, he just did the t-5 install on a 200 six. Good pics and info on this subject.

Butch Evans Thomasville NC

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I just saw this on FB. Looks rightly done to me.

Attached Files:

21. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

It's in the new issue of TRK built by Chris and the guys at Boerne Stage Kustoms...... Really bitchin car and it was fun taking that picture

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

It's a great pic. I've never seen TRK on newsstands. I'll have to call some places.

23. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

heres another of mine.

Attached Files:

24. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

beautiful! man, i want a wagon.

25. That black and red wagon is way sweet!!!!

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Really nice Falcons!

27. ronotron

ronotron

which month/issue?

we are a little behind in the issues over here in OZ

28. Cooon

Cooon

Friends Australian Falcon he has just finished the hydros in
    [​IMG]