Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I Need Your Opinion (32 roadster)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tequila Bob, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Tequila Bob

Tequila Bob
    from Michigan

I need your opinion on these headlights. They are late twenties Stutz and are 13" in fiameter. Yes, they are big, but are they too big?

Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Tequila Bob

Attached Files:

2. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

I do like the bigger headlights, but yours do look big. Maybe a better picture from a little farther away and side view would help?

3. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

Yes, too big for me. Your attention is drawn to the headlights. just my .02 cents

4. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

I like em BIIIIIG but thats a little much

5. titus

titus

Way too big and out of proportion

6. for me to tell i would need to see the whole car, pull back a bit on the next photo...

7. chris98006

chris98006
    from Seattle WA

From the one picture, they look a little large, if you were running fenders they may look ok?

8. Although it may be neat to see every cricket on the road, she definitely needs a smaller prescription.

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Makes the car look scared or surprised. :eek: Yep, those aren't for that car. Damn things are almost as big as the tires. :D

Don

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

The headlites are all wrong, keep looking, you asked but I think you already knew the answer.............

11. BISHOP

BISHOP

way too big.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Honey, does this make my butt look to big?

Attached Files:

13. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Like boobs headlites do have a "too big" size, and i belive you found it

14. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

The fiameter of those things is just fidiculous

15. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Very cool headlightes, but I say too big on your ride.

16. Big headlights are good for girls, not so good for cars. I agree with the rest, those are too big for your car.

17. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

loose the tall stands, move them forward and tighter to the grille shell, position is everything when it comes to pulling off something like this. I have seen really big lights like these on deuces before and in the right position they can look pretty cool......here is a shitty revision I did real quick in paint to give you a idea of what I am talking about,

Attached Files:

18. JMHO--
    Loose the Moon tank, stuff em down on the frame rails
    Here an example
    These are 1931 Cadillac on the roadster
    31 Pontiac on the coupe
    If ya want sum brackets 4 them I make them
    or if ya decide to change to smaller and want to sell them, let me know.

Attached Files:

19. Too big, or the car is too small.

20. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

21. Someone else posted a pic of a car they had just bought (early thirties roadster I think) and it had HUGE headlights too. I was actually amazed at how many people liked the look (I personally thought they were too big for my taste). If you're liking them ... then damn well run 'em. If you haven't made up your mind yet, then that suggests you aren't overly keen on them.

Don't let the "masses" decide, it's your car ...

22. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

I also think they are too large. 10" headlights are probably are better size. JMO

23. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^^^ I was thinking the same thing and I recall seeing some cars that they fit on well. But it will be a challenge to get them to "work." What is the style or theme of your car? Racer, plain Jane roadster, something a little over the top styling wise, or what? Even if the lights were lower, closer together and moved forward - and you lost the tank - do they fit your build so well smaller ones won't work? Will they hit the tires at full lock or on a hard bump?

But if you were building an exaggerated, SS Jaguar sort of roadster I'd probably love them. The look like they need to be on a bigger car, like a Duesenberg or 32 Lincoln! Gary

25. dudley32

dudley32

I think a little too big...

26. You've got the right idea, but they're still too big and cartoony.

27. cruzr

cruzr

to big..................

28. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Bob,
    You ask for opinions, And you got several, most saying the same thing....However one thing I tell everyone that is building a car, is at the end of the day, Your opinion is really the only one that matters (unless you are building the car to sell) I only point this out because You must like those big lights or you prolly would not have bought them. So if you really like them, I would play around with the position of them a little and see what they look like, Otherwise just jump on the guide 682 bandwagon and build your 32 like the other 400 that are at the show. You could also do flat black paint and red wheels with wide whites, thats something that Nobody has ever thought of.....LOL I know I am being a smartass, but it is late and I just get tired of seeing everyone build the same car because they are afraid if they don't build it the way everyone else says it is not cool.....just my 2 cents

29. Bud Crane

Bud Crane

They would work really good as patio lights.

30. Those head light stands are half the problem, and the moon tank doesn't help either. Big head lights are cool but they have to be mounted real low.