Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any '61-'71 Dodge pickup pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by superduper88, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellhog

Hellhog
    from Sweden

2. wetspeed

wetspeed
    from So Cal

[​IMG]
    With a Vintage '68 Camper:
    [​IMG]

Here is My '69 D200. It is a 318 4 speed truck. It is in the process of getting a HD A518 4 speed OD auto upgrade along with a Edelbrock Performer intake and Edelbrock 600 CFM Carb. I have already upgraded to electronic ing. It has a louvered hood by HAMB Member: "need louvers ?" (Thanks Chip!) and 16"moons and truck tires. It is currently my daily and will be used to tow my '61 BFX D100 SB that I am currently gathering parts for. I plan to lower the stance just enough to give it the look without losing my towing capability.

[​IMG]

'61 soon to be a '62-'64 (with grill change) BFX D100 with 15X4.5 dull Mag. look fronts and Hurst's Vintage Front Runners and 15X8 Chysler OEs Rears powder coated candy blue with Hurst's Pie Crust. The '61 will have the stance of the Dragmaster's '63 BFX. Fenderwell Headers by Stahl 2 1/8 with a 4" collector, a Race built 727 and a 440.:

I also own a '64 D100 LB that will get the '61 grill and be built in the Watson (Bellflower) Style and a complete '68 LB D200 with some rust issues that has a 383/727. it is a fully loaded truck that has 3 tanks and will be used for parts for the 3 other trucks.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  3. Zerk

Zerk

These are some cool trucks. Anybody got pics of a W series big cab, pickup or otherwise?

4. ddldodgeman

ddldodgeman
    from Mesa, AZ.

What suspension mods do you plan on doing?

5. jamesnsac

jamesnsac
    from sacramento

My push truck

Attached Files:

6. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I've always liked the rooflines on these trucks.

7. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

here's another one

Attached Files:

8. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

Wow, never seen that truck before! Although it has a tach, the hubcaps are removed and the tailgate is down I assume this was not something Hayden Proffitt raced?? On the other hand it is just a half ton so not the best choice to tow the Yeakel Plymouth with? What's the story? Got anymore pics? It is a very good looking truck...

9. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Sure don't this ones a mistery.

10. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

OK, thanks for sharing it...makes me drool and wanting to find out more...

11. gastruk

gastruk
    from minnesota

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Were these trucks factory optioned?

What about the Dodge W300 "SWAMP FOX" ?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  12. edweird

edweird

heres safaritow at maxton with his 71

Attached Files:

13. gohst58

gohst58
    from dallas

thats freaking awesome!!

14. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are 2 of my past trucks.....the 1st was a '64 CSS with a Wide block 318, shot box 3 speed on the column. Its a fairly rare truck, and I've regretted relling it since it went down the road.
    The 2nd was a truck I tried to save, but turned into a huge project that I just couldn't finish while living in an apartment. It was a '71 shotbox, factory 383, 4-speed, 3.92 posi and Burnt orange paint and black interior.....pretty much a factory built hot rod that spent its entire life underground as a mine foremans personal truck. Since it was used underground and rarely washed, it was rotted pretty bad, had no floor left and the frame was getting thin in a few places. I found the brown cab and '67 hood for nothing on craigslist so i did the swap, but that was all I had time for. it went down the road to a guy building a dart that wanted the engine and rear chunk out of the axle. i have know idea what happened to the rest of it.

15. JLeather

JLeather

Not sure how I missed this thread. I've got a '67 D100 short/stepside. It's in decent shape for an east coast truck but if I don't take it off the road for some patching soon the rust is going to reach critical mass in a few key areas. After my '46 Chevy is finished I'll switch them in the garage and have some fun with the old Dodge.

Here it is on my wedding day:

[​IMG]

And here it is overloaded when I was re-doing my garage:

[​IMG]

16. A friend called me to come and look at a 1965 Dodge D100 shortbed stepside pickup in his driveway. He HAD to move it to get his shorty Chevrolet school bus out of his back yard. He offered it to me for $200.00. I checked it out. The instrument cluster was hanging out of the dash and the carburetor was missing. I told him I did not need another project as I was in the middle of rebuilding my A100 engine and transmission. I went home without it. He called me the next day and said it was running! I went back over to his house and found that the front wheel cylinder was leaking. I almost backed away from it again until he said, "Just take it home....FREE!. I HAVE to get it out of here." I took it home, fixed the wheel cylinder and drove it for about four years. It would run good for a while and then start to sputter and I would have to "rotate the spark plugs to different holes" and then it would run great again. I sold it for $400.00 when I was done with it. It had the 318 wide block and a three speed on the column. It had one blown out muffler on one side of the exhaust and a glasspack on the other side. It was loud and obnoxious and I LOVED it!! I will be keeping my '67 A100.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  17. Big Dad

Big Dad

18. EarlKann

EarlKann

Hey, that's my picture!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. tragic59

tragic59

EarlKann, is that your truck in the photos?

If so, it's bitchin'. A couple friends and I admired it for a long time in the hotel parking loat at Santa Maria. You did a great job on that thing, man.

20. EarlKann

EarlKann

No, not mine... I wish. I just saw it at the Pomona Swap Meet and took the pictures, including the one Big Dad posted.

21. Big Dad

Big Dad

New shirt design

[​IMG]

22. Big Dad

Big Dad

Another new one

[​IMG]

23. SparkyRidesAgain

SparkyRidesAgain

if anyone knows who owns this truck please let me know, thats exactly what I'm after with my '62 .
    I'd love to talk to this guy and see how he got there from stock, I tried it with a straight axle and this was as low as I could get, so I'm assiuing it's mustang 2 ifs, but would like to know from someone who has done it,
    Thanks in advance,
    Sparky.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/Sparky_the_perv/62 dodge build/?action=view&current=14.jpg

Myergens likes this.
  24. EarlKann

EarlKann

Sparky, Here are my pictures on the sweptline board.

http://www.sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29323&p=211094

Didn't get any of the suspension but it seems to be Mustang II & 4 link.

25. Beat2Hell

Beat2Hell
    from So. Cal

'63 D100 -My new daily driver to replace the white one. It's got and Slant 6 and Torqueflte, the '67 D200 has a 318 & granny 4 speed. I've been driving the white one about 60 miles a day for a year now trouble free but this little '63 is my new commuter-mobile.

Attached Files:

26. Dodgeboy68

Dodgeboy68

Would really like to see more pictures added to this thread, havig trouble getting mine to
    Down load. There are so few of us!

27. You might be surprised to know that there is a HUGE group of Sweptline devotees on Facebook! I've been told the action there actually surpasses the following on Sweptline.org, even though it's basically the same people!
    Here's a couple of pictures of my Swepty parts collection...I'm trying to piece one together from nothing!

Attached Files:

28. Dodgeboy68

Dodgeboy68

Great Tailgate! I got a couple pic's on my profile. Just can't seem to move them to this thread.

29. 35desoto

35desoto

these were based on the earlier model from 57 - 60. they ran the panel van concept through on this platform rather than the 61 -71 base.
    its probably more hamb friendly than the later ones

30. The Town Wagon/Town Panel continued through the 1966 model year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.