Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage I Missed It All

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 27, 2012.

1. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

In case you didn't know, that's Dan's tudor also. It's an all original 4 cylinder car that, supposedly, has only had a head gasket replaced. It runs and drives great, and Dan just lowered it and converted it to hydraulic brakes the week before the show. He found that Pines that had matching patina, and Pete Eastwood dropped the headlight bar too.

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah I figured it was his daughters when I seen the A. Webb on his show sign. Pretty jealous of that thing for sure.

4. n847

n847

Definitely Walkers Chevy...but a close second would be the roadster behind it...And black would be sick!

Attached Files:

5. I believe that the Blown Roadster is the epitome of the Perfect Hot Rod!

Of course it didn't have to compete against my all time favorite... the 15oz coupe!

6. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

15oz is one of my all time faves

7. I agree with Ryan it would look good black...however my second choice would be butternut yellow with wide whites

8. slammed

slammed

That blown roadster in the lead photo is a Hot Rod. Freakin' killer.

9. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I thought this T Roadster was about perfect. I went back to look at it everyday since setup on wednesday. I bet with that tri-power Y-Block it's a lot of fun to drive.

Attached Files:

10. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Attached Files:

11. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

^^^ahahahahahahaha^^^

12. Once a Bonneville racer...always a Bonneville racer.
    EJ Kowalski's Model A banger powered tank set records at Bonneville in 2011 and won the Best Competition Trophy at the Detroit Autorama in 2012.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  13. autobilly

autobilly

This one's way up on my list!
    [​IMG]

14. Kettleman

Kettleman

I have to say the 36 for me!

15. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

I do love this car. My all time dream machine, would be a heavily chopped 3w just like that.

16. otas

otas

I have to tell you fellas, this is the funniest thing I've seen lately. Spit coffee across the room this morning.

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I gotta pick just 1? WTF bro, you wanna torture all of us?

Would it be the hoodless 40 downstairs? Maybe the Airflow coupe. Maybe the green Model A pickup upstairs. Maybe the Packard Speedster. Maybe the silver Model A coupe downstairs. Maybe the black Model A coupe at the other end of the basement.

Hmmm, considering that I could build all but the 1st one mentioned with my own spin on each, I'ma go with the black 40 cpe. Now I'd take a dozen or more cars that I saw there over the weekend, but if I had to take just 1, well that's it. I was told, and know much of, the story around that car. I think it "represents" as well as anything else we could imagine. Now any selection anyone could make would have to have a few changes to say "It's mine". I'd make sure I could return the hood once in a while, I might have a 2nd set of rollers, and I might add off white leather to the seat inserts, then it's mine without really hurting it's local fanfare. In case you breezed past it, here it is:[​IMG]

18. otas

otas

Any more pics of that incredible 40 coupe. Dang nice car.....

19. Sounds like your have been down in Australia Ryan LOL , at least you picked up some aussie slang...

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

21. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

hey ryan, just an update, i yanked the blown motor out of the the 28/29 i call "SAY 10" and replaced it with a fresh full race 400 SBC dynoed at 509 @ 6800 rpm with a M22 behind it, its on the street, and planing on pullin a super low 10 or a high 9 at the next HAMB drags.....