Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The product of my inspirations: My Tudor Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beef Stew, Feb 5, 2012.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Beef, more great info. And... get back to your build! Gary

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic! A little "out of the box" building is good to see! Following!

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Great looking start.

4. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I like your plans for the power plant. It should be light and a handful with 400 hp

5. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Yeah, I definitely remember that build. I "heard" second hand from someone who had asked Casny about his steering that it wasn't quite as solid as he'd hoped. Taking this and all other things into consideration, I decided that I'd better use some big mama-jama gussets on the main steering hoop to help with rigidity. The tricky part will be keeping the pitman arm inside the cowl without it hitting the gusset or the clutch pedal. Classic 10 pounds of shit in a 1 pound bag.

6. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

wow. looking great so far.

7. Beef, you obviously have thought this project out! Good choice of power plant and the frame & body work all work together also! Keep up the outstanding work & keep us posted! :D

8. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

I like this build...keep going!

9. BISHOP

BISHOP

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Life flows in a circular motion and so it goes that your build goes in the ever expanding reference folder for my similar project!
    Looking really good, love the alternative powerplant. It's one of those old Offenhausers right?!

11. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Exactly. :D

12. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Oh yeah, I've definitely been keeping an eye out on Mr. Olay's sedan. When they first debuted it I was like holy shit that's my car! It was like he and I were thinking nearly the same thing when we started our builds. I only hope my turns out to be a fraction of how nice his is.

Other bitchin sedans that I've been inspired by:

The Corrugated Flyer
    [​IMG]

Roy Fjastad's shop sedan:
    [​IMG]

13. Fjastads is eerily similar to mine right down to the fog lamp. It's all been done before.

14. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

15. dvs

dvs

Oh yea, diggin' this build. Subscribed.

16. Todd553

Todd553

Very interesting build. We run an Ecotec in our G/BFR-G/BGR and make over 950hp on the dyno. We also drove the roadster from Pomona to Bonneville and ran http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfPORMFZ-VAover 200 on the 1st pass. Not to hijack the thread but here is a video.

17. Hmm, so where do I put the motormounts for that Ecotec in our lakester!?:D

18. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Beefstew;

Glad to see you use the SAAB mill. I was actually impressed (surprised) w/the 2.5 in my wifes' 9-5 Aero.

Are you going to be altering the OEM program in either a SAAB or a GM computer, or doing your own from scratch?

Willing to share program alterations?

Curious as just how much fun this is going to be. I suspect: almost too much fun. :D .

Marcus...

19. Love the off beat direction of your build. You have some serious skills!

20. 60 ford

60 ford

Great build good luck.

21. gerry miller

gerry miller

Had to rebuild one of those ecotecs this year because of lousy chain tensioner on early Sunfires. I was impressed with that motor and the smoothness with balance shafts. Had lots of power for a four cylinder. recognized the motor at first pictures.
    Good Luck and I like your plans on this build. Traditional? Who cares, I like it!!

22. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Definitely not hi jacking. Only goes to show how stout these motors can be. I'm very familiar with your car and your records. It gives me something to shoot for. A turbo Ecotec just might find it's way into our roadster at the end of this whole process. ;)

23. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

Thanks for your interest Marcus. I'll be building my own harness and using a stand alone engine management system. I'm an EFI development engineer by day so this is kind of my forte. I'd actually like to offer engine/tranny/computer combo packages one day that people can buy and drop into their hot rod or sand rail or whatever.

24. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

25. cakes

cakes

This is really awesome, you certainly have my attention. I used to run around in the same late model VW crowd myself and have a soft spot for turbo 4s. I would love to build a full hood model A with a nasty little 4 banger in it one day, SUBSCRIBED!!

26. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

like where this is going,cool build. .......subed

27. jvp

jvp

Really nice build. I will be following along. Good luck.