Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Steve Mcqueen fans here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cobrajet, Nov 21, 2009.

1. tanof

tanof
    from New Mexico

A quote from Jalopnik -"Even dead, Steve McQueen is cooler than you."

2. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Is the mug shot from his little stunt he pulled in Anchorage? The cops still hate him there,lol.

3. Happy Birthday... to my screen namesake!

Attached Files:

4. Stafford 31

Stafford 31

Looks like Jackie Stewart

Attached Files:

5. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

6. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm a huge fan. I saw Bullet in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on R&R from Viet Nam. Talk about a blast from home!!! I never knew that they made that many Morris Minor body types and then you walk into a theater and get to watch a Mustang wheel hop all over the place! It sure hit the spot for me in those circumstances.

Papillon is a favorite but I liked the boiler room scenes in The Sand pebbles too. "men stem stop walve" I was a steamfitter when that came out.

Oh to be that cool.

8. baja1000

baja1000
    from Tacoma, Wa

Steve was the man. I have a rare collection of off road race cars and trucks. My pride and joy is my 1400 original mile Steve McQueen 1969 Chevy 4X4 race truck

9. Johnny99

Johnny99

Hey Ron, glad to see you on this thread. It's me John the guy that bought the LT1 heads from that truck. Would be great if you could post some pictures of the truck.
    Hope all is well, John

10. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Happened to be in the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart this week, this is what I saw!

Attached Files:

• 917.jpg
      917.jpg
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
  11. wristpin

wristpin

i never met the man but back in the 70's when i was in the antique motorcycle scene
    whenever anybody saw him at the swap meets like ohio or hershy the price went up bigtime!

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I didn't want to start a new thread........but,

"Bullitts" on TCM (Turner Classic Movies). It just started!:D

Best car chase scene EVER.

13. Paul B

Paul B

Watching right now

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Id trade 100 of almost any present day “actors” to have that dude back

15. von zipper

von zipper

The chase is on!!!!

16. Only a 100!?;)

17. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

I am one of the old farts who actually saw Bullitt in the theater. Since then I've bet I've watched it 50 times. They don't make actors like him anymore.

18. Cerberus

Cerberus

I got this at a Ford parts department.

"BULLIT" was an Oscar winner for Best Film Editing. This razor-edge thriller features one of cinema history's most memorable car chases

Attached Files:

19. richie rebel

richie rebel

steve mcqueen was the man,i bought bullit on evil bay,watch all the time

20. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

McQueen was a cool guy and made a lot go cool movies.....he never looked like he was acting...besides, he was a car guy so that makes him OK in my books!

21. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

My boss grew up in Malibu and knew Steve's son Chad (who did some acting but doesn't look much like his father) pretty well, when Steve was married to Ali McGraw.

Lee Hartung, the eccentric collector from my hometown of Glenview, told me that Steve's representative contacted him when he was filming the Chicago scenes in The Hunter, saying Steve wanted to see his collection. Lee said "Fine, but tell him nothing's for sale!" Steve never came.

(Oh - now what am I supposed to do with this here grenade? Damn pin seems to be stuck...)

22. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

I used to play with the electric trains in my grandparent's "antique" store, the Sidecar Antique Shop in Ventura, with this long-haired bearded guy who didn't always smell so good. I was 11 to 14 years old. He usually drove old chevy trucks, and I now know he was living in Santa Paula near the airport. One day there was this bitchen Jaguar parked in back, and I went f'in batshit, but the bearded guy did not let on that it was his car. We played together maybe 6 to 8 times over several years when I was visiting my grandparents. (I lived in Carmichael, Ca.)

When I later realized the Jaguar XKSS belong to a bearded Steve McQueen, my grandfather was dead, and grandmother was suffering from Alzheimer's. I have no idea what their relationship was, but mine with the bearded guy was very cool.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  23. hogridenfool

hogridenfool
    from chicago

I use to work with a guy who raced dirt bikes back in the 60's for Husqvarna he was friends with Keenan Wynn the actor who also raced a Husqvarna and was close friends with Steve Mcqueen,Jack told me that Mcqueen would show up on an old Indian or a bsa and would race under an another name so would Keenan Wynn and that they rode all over the place togeather (Mcqueen and Wynn)Did I always thought that Mcqueen was a real man's man! look up cool in a dictionary and it would have a picture of Steve in it!!!!

24. tjmercury

tjmercury

Don't know if I'm that big of fan, but I know we share the same birthday

25. twolane1956

twolane1956
    from Mass.

He used to sign up to race under the name "Harvey Mushman". If you get a chance watch the movie "On Any Sunday" he is featured in it.

26. Camm

Camm

He was great, someone i looked up to growing up...........:D

27. Some people thoought that was his birth name but it was Terrence Stephen McQueen.

McQueen was known to ask for lots of 'free stuff' on every movie. He asked for things like denim jeans in large amounts.

He was sending all the stuff back to the kids at his old school.
    Every bad boy has a soft spot.

28. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

yes the dune buggy was his and it is Corvair powered.He also had a VW convertable That was heavily reworked . I got to meet him at the Club House of Thompson International Speedway He spent an entire evening partying with my parents and I along with several other speedway Saturday night regulars. I was just a kid and more interested in the race driver than the movie star hell I'm not sure I knew he was a star then. Rumor was he was a silent partner in the road racing part of Thompson Speedway back in the 50-60s there were several stars that raced there as regular as they could and from what I hear most were "just racers" when they were there not "BIG STARS" talk cars and racing and they would hang all night get too hung up on the "Movie Star" and your visit got cut off.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  29. Rob68

Rob68

My 6 year old son has a Mcqueen poster from the Great Escape in his bedroom. He is/was the shit. Once I saw an interview with Robert Blake on Tom Snyders show, and Blake was talking about Steve. It was the funniest thing I've ever heard (to hear Robert Blake tell it that is). I did a search but could not find the video, but I did find this and it is pretty much what I remember Blake saying:

Blake told a story about shooting a movie in New Orleans --- one night he spies a guy running full speed away from a number of pursuers. As the guy gets closer, he sees it's Steve McQueen, who yells "Run Bobby!" Blake starts running with McQueen, who eventually takes off on his own, leaving the angry guys chasing Blake --- they corner Blake and seem about to pound him when out of nowhere McQueen reappears on a fire escape, with a shotgun, and chases the mob off with a warning shot.