Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yikes!!!! some people are just too stupid to build hot rods pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weasel, Jun 3, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Reminds me of the kind of work that was done to our '56 Olds when we got it. Still trying to wring the hillbilly out of that one.....

2. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Here in NZ we have a thing called Certification, your car is inspected (and corrected ) as it's built, at the end a plate is issued to the car, it was written by Hot Rodders for Hot Rodders. http://www.hotrod.org.nz/Merchandise Page Files/Hobby_Car_Technical_Manual.htm
    All cars in NZ have to pass an inspection every 6 months to ensure EVERYTHING is safe, from the tires to the wiperblades.
    Any back to the fun

These were in a post here back in '09. As I recall, he had a big block in it and wondered why the springs fell out when he stood on it!!

Bad frame1.jpg

Bad frame 2.jpg

3. RichG

RichG

4. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

would everyone please stop quoting the same set of pictures over and over again,it gets annoying fast

5. busguy71

busguy71

SCREW = FUSE........

I'm GUILTY!!! I run my aftermarket headlight switch with a screw instead of a fuse, I shut the high beams off when it starts to smell like burning... but its a VW so who the hell cares!!!:D

6. DamnYankeesKustoms

DamnYankeesKustoms

I really wish I had a pic of the steering arm my old boss did on a late 40's chevy; instead of rearranging one or two tubes for the header(probabaly because he didn't know how to weld SS), he bought about 10-15 SS steering universals,some some SS "double d" shaft and proceeded to make what I nicknamed "the worm". The sad thing is;he was trying to fix someone else' fuck up's.... Needless to say- I didn't work for him much longer.

7. Our system here, as Greg pointed out, was designed back when a couple of hotrodders came to the conclusion that if they didn't pre-empt matters, the dipshit politicians would legislate modified cars off the roads. Being savvy guys, they put together a marvelous manual, which basically tells a prospective builder everything that's safe and meets the regulations. This manual was adopted by the NZHRA (NZ's governing hot rod body) and has been successful at keeping the dipshit politicians at bay. A modified car must be inspected by a certifier (usually a qualified hotrodder of long standing who has to sit exams) and OK'd before it can be presented for a six monthly safety inspection, which is fairly rigorous.
    While this system can be a pain in the butt at times, it ensures that you're not sharing the road with the likes of the above pictured examples. There are a few idjits(notably boy-racers in their lethal rice-rockets) who drive illegal cars with dangerous modifications, but the cops are gradually getting them whittled down.
    As a point of fact, and to show that our system works pretty well, the cops will very seldom stop a hotrod unless the driver is obviously breaking the law, where-as they will stop the rice-burners on any pretext. This could be an age related matter to some extent ( hotrodders being mostly geriatrics :p ) but I believe it's because they know they're seldom going to find a hot rod with safety issues.

8. gwarren007

gwarren007

quoted for truth :D

9. Amen.. Add that to the fact that (nothing personal) we Americans don't have the best track record with foreigners suggesting how we should govern ourselves.. Just an observation..:D

10. Well put Bassman. Lab Rat was on the mark too.
    I get that no one wants any more rules and regs, but if you dont find a way to pre empt the politicans, you may find one day, its to late.

11. Your wasting your breath Ive already tried to explain this on another thread, all I got was negative comments from a bunch of guys who have obviously had experience with our cert process cause they seemed to know all about it. No freedom etc etc etc, the truth is we can pretty much build whatever we want but its to a road worthy standard. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be driving on the same roads as some of the crap shown here.

12. edweird

edweird

this is very intertaining!

13. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

heres some of the work i found on my project

Attached Files:

14. badshifter

badshifter

Great, an International FNG to ruin the good clean fun. We for the most part DON'T WANT ANY MORE RULES AND REGULATIONS FROM OUR GOVERNMENT. I don't want to know about your cert. process, just like you don't want to know how much of my hard earned damn tax money gets wasted. I'm glad you can build what you want in your country. If you don't want to drive on our roads with our cars, don't come here. Now can we look at more carnage please?

15. Toptinman

Toptinman

What was he thinking?! Had he used a Snap-on and it broke, just go exchange it for another one! Problem solved! :rolleyes:

16. RichG

RichG

Yeah, like the thread where the fellow had to wait weeks just to see if he could swap out one of his frame rails? What a crock, if you want to buy into it, that's fine.

We don't.

17. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Reminds me. I bought a set of tires and wheels from a guy that was parting out a pickup truck. He removed ALL the lugnuts before placing a jack under the truck. The floor jack then, had no handle so he had to climb under the truck and pump it up with a tire iron. Yes, there were crack pipes in the garage. I just wanted to get my tires and GTF out of there before I had to watch someone get hurt real bad. Worst thing was, these guys drove a tow truck.

18. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

I really need to stop reading this at work.. I keep laughing in my cube.
    People are going to start wondering what the hell I am doing over here...
    That's too funny! :D

19. Hmmm, maybe that's where the P/Steering fluid id leaking in my truck? Might be that the teflon tape used was insufficient from the factory????

20. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Don't worry, that thing wont last another 4000 miles with that Fram filter on it anyways!

21. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I dont know what all the fuss is about it all looks "OLD SCHOLL TO ME"

22. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Some scary shit in those pics for sure. Living in a world full of retards is almost like living through a zombie apocalypse. Only zombies can't have babies, so it's actually worse.

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You guys have no imagination. Sometimes you have to think outside the box ! :eek::D

Don

[​IMG]

And what do you mean I can't use my 110 volt welder on suspension pieces !:D

[​IMG]

24. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

^^^^ we have a new leader!

25. ditto that !!!

26. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Budweiser, ugh.
    That shit gives me a headache after 3 or 4, six packs

27. 1952henry

1952henry

Fixed that for you.

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think what the New Zealand guys don't understand about the US government is that they could not set up a workable inspection system for HOT RODs.

our politicians care only about the next election and getting themselves and thier cronies more money. there would be multiple comittees, studys, meetings and reports done, all to line the pockets of friends, family and political contributors. any inspection system would be so cumbersome and costly it would have the same effect as outlawing HOT RODs all together.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

where the heck is the drag link going to on this thing? this must be some ugly piece of shit.

[​IMG]