Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A Walther For Your Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I wont get a CCW. Dont want to be on anyone's list. Another reason is, If I need to conceal, I might be in the wrong place. Then again, If I conceal, its not visible.
    Never been thrown out of an establishment that posts a "Good guy gun free zone" placard. Because they dont know.
    1911 is kinda bulky but I have a nice 40.

2. S.F.

S.F.

smith 45...on me, always

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I have some interesting statistics covering the differences between rounds, as far as stopping power etc. You will be surprised at the outcome.

Check it out here.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7866

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  4. As a Canadian living with super strict gun control laws....I gotta chime in here!

I love guns just as much as the next guy, but like Ryan said...two "strapped" dudes involved in a serious confrontation will surely end with at least one guy having one or two extra holes in him.

But on the other hand...if only one guy has a gun...it's pretty obvious who's gonna end up with holes in him...if things elevate to that level.

"Packin" in the front seat seems like an invitation to bring death into your life...but if death is already waiting around the corner...might not be a bad idea to be ready.

My 2 cents.

Now I'll play along...
    If I had my choice...I think I'd be more of a semi-auto, pistol grip, 18 inch, 12 ga. shotty kind of a guy...with an extended clip filled with slugs! Overkill? :)

5. Funny thing That is the exact 12 ga I use for house protection! Ex police issue with the built it halogen light under the barrel and the stock holds extra shells. I had the pistol grip on it but was brutal firing 3 inch slugs!!!

6. shadams

shadams

Same here, except the wife has either her AR handy or my Rem 870 combat. So far everyone I have dealt with has been super cool, regular guys just like us. But its better to be safe than sorry...

Mine has a blackhawk knoxx collapsible spring load stock on it, makes shooting 3 inchers a lot more comfortable. Still knocks some sense into you and rings your ears if you dont have protection, but much more manageable

7. I am going to be installing a gun rack in my 39 to hold my ray guns from mars attacks. Does that count?

8. Lol...it's also the exact same gun my girlfriend won't allow me to own ;) with that halogen on there...u prolly wouldn't even have to shoot somebody...just blind em temporarily and disarm them ...hahah

9. In SD that is not considered concealed so it would be perfectly legal w/o a permit. And you still see lever action 30/30s in ranchers pickup windows.

10. Special Ed

Special Ed

...and when we're not shooting the people we disagree with, we use our guns to roll up our windows and open our doors of our rides, here in California....

[​IMG]

11. BigBlockBuck

BigBlockBuck

That's awesome! I've been wanting to do something similar stitched in the back of the passenger seat. My .357 doesn't fit in my glove box or console.

12. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

I chose to shoot OO buck out of my self defense shotgun. You can miss by quite a bit and still land a large pellet in someone.

13. Yea I have both OO Buck and slugs I guess the end result is just the difference in how big the mess is left behind!:eek:

14. I still prefer a trench gun. Not as easy to conceal but I always figured that a gun that someone knows I have is a better deterrent. ;)

Pretty neat idea I wonder if anyone ever notices it in the drive through. :D:D

15. troy5118

troy5118
    from Haven Ks

Haha guns and hot rods, I dig it!

16. primed34

primed34

I prefer 4 buck, but it would make a mess.

17. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

It's better to be judged by twelve rather than be carried by six.
    C.C.W. starting in 1965 (.38 2" off duty, and now a ppk) :cool:

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I wouldn't worry about quoting Coco Chanel. Theres a lot of hot rod guys that should have those words tattooted backwards on thier foreheads so they see them every morning.

19. Used to see in San Diego, back in the 70s, a Harley parked in Chula Vista area mostly with a WW2 era army web belt and an empty and unflapped 45 holster strapped around the gas tank. Obvious theft prevention statement.

20. apache matt

apache matt

21. deto

deto

I want to move. The people who don't carry in California are law abiding citizens with no criminal record trying to get a CW.

22. I moved out of the city and into the country because it seemed that half the people ( the undesireable half ) had handguns. Then in the fall of the first year out here I realized that most of those guys with the handguns came out to the country to hunt deer, ( with rifles :eek: ). I live in a rather secluded valley and realized that if you don't have a way to protect your shit, there's always a chance someone will want to see if they can take it from you. Haven't had any trouble in 20 years but I feel better knowing that if anyone ever tries any shit I'll have more than my dick in my hand when I confront them. Hope it never comes to that, I had my fill of shooting people in Viet Nam, lots of big talk here, but when push comes to shove it's not as easy to take someones life as some may want to think. Been there done that. My 2 cents worth.

23. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

my business... Colt Python 357 mag.. stainless w/ ivory grips..

[​IMG]

rather have one than be lookin down the barrel of someone elses and not have one.

24. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

It's the same in Texas also. That is not concealed. You can open carry but need a permit[supposedly ]to carry a concealed weapon.. Castle doctrine also kicks in. I'd rather 12 try me than 6 carry me.

25. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Something about my truck and with its worn double barrel coach gun seem like they were made for each other.

26. shadams

shadams

Agreed, I think about that a lot. And THANK YOU for your service, esp in Vietnam, that was a nasty time for everyone...

27. if i had a gun mounted in my ride like that, with the way people "drive?" around here, i would need to pull over and reload often.

28. Yes sir, I'm a 1911 man myself, as well. Officer's model, Parkerized finish. Nice.

29. Rhinodaddy

Rhinodaddy
    from mesa az

No comments about custom up-HOLSTER-y???

30. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Yep, I'm a 1911 kinda guy also!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.