Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post up your pictures of the "Worst Hackjob" you've come across.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by venturesomerite, Feb 21, 2012.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

2. afaulk

afaulk

Bad Boy Customs, Cullman, Alabama really screwed up a buddy's 38 Chevy coupe. Sorry no pics, but ALL the clearcoat blew off with an airhose. Running boards fit like a saddle on a pig. Dammit man!

3. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey Ether! I was gonna call that Merc "Second Chance" she needs some love man.

4. How about "Bad Haircut" :)

5. I was wondering if you were going to see that I posted pics of this mess!!!! The Willys has left the shop so Im trying to get a few loose ends buttoned up on my 49 and 51 Merc before I start on it!!!

How about "Red Headed Step Child"?!?!?!?!

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

How about "Lumpy" :rolleyes: ....metal work (metal butchery?) doesnt get much worse than that poor Merc...I cant wait to see what you will do to it!!

7. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

I'd love to show you the stellar work by a moron in Colo Springs that actually used pop rivets to repair the bottom of an Amphicar! Really, pop rivets! He was such a poor fab guy that he used scrap pieces to work around a ridge instead of replacing it all as we did. What could go wrong with a steel boat hull with over 200 pop rivets in it?

The paint was so bad I never took it off the trailer after picking it up. (customers choice of body shop, not mine) I took it directly to the blaster with week old paint on it. Bubbles 8" in dia, sheets of bondo peeling off the size of dinner plates and even a large moth painted into the paint. Not on the paint, painted over with several coats.

8. outlaw256

outlaw256

know all about their work. we fixed a few of their fuck-ups here at the shop.i dont like to run down other companies, but brother they aint gonna get it around here.well, maybe they just might because they have been in buisness for a few yrs now.after seeing a recent paint job of theirs im thinking about opening the shop back up to the public. weve only been doing work for a few freinds and repeat customers.been trying to get my stuff done mostly.

9. flathead okie

flathead okie

to be fair.........We no longer have the honor of Sonny Mac in our small town Thank God.............he's someone else' problem now..........Be Aware, that rat bastard has moved:eek:

10. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Today's mini-truckers. Tommorrow's rodent-rodders.

[​IMG]

11. 62rebel

62rebel

stopped and looked at a 63 Ford ragtop on a local used car lot a few years back; it had been given "the works" by some jackass who looked at too many LowRider magazines.... looked at, because he damn sure couldn't have READ them. the trunk floor, what there was of it, was chopped all to shit to clear the hydraulics they'd put in... the front suspension was all fucked up with the same kind of bubblegum welding and worn out parts (the tires were cupped all to shit).... then there was the foot-deep clearcoat over rust bubbled Imron enamel... and JCWhitney reject seat covers over the factory stuff..... the salesman practically broke his neck trying to get out of the office to talk to me about the car.... i almost broke MINE trying to get away from him.

12. Tell you what I learned about cars like that. Violent retching can be extremely hard on your esophagus.

Actually if there was a way to search it I have seen some pictures of some real hack jobs over the years on here. Some of them the fellas had actually driven home and had them put up on a rack after.

13. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

That tops my list too.

14. MASHED .... wow, that picture is hard to look at ... partly because I just barfed a little on my computer screen. :eek:

15. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I think we have a winner!!!

16. deto

deto

The name of the thread should be...

"this is your brain. This is your brain on drugs"

17. oohh at least the stereo worked good with that monster cable running by the suspension

18. shawnspeed

shawnspeed
    from Attica Mi

They need to have a welding knowlege test BEFORE they allow you to buy welding equipment....a common sense check would be a good 2nd level check. Just because you can afford to buy a tool does not qualify you to use it ...especially when your lack of knowlege/skill can cause severe injury/or death.I too have see way to many shoddy welds , and questionable fabrications , out of things not intended for the applications they were being used in... the first one that comes to mind is EMT conduit being used for suspenion components...Darwin was definately looking to thin the gene pool...

19. Hmmmm interesting.....Nothing I've built in here.....;)

20. 91bluecamaro

91bluecamaro

Man I wish I had pics... I had a 91 Camaro(hense the name) that the tranny went out of. Got it up on the lift and the tranny crossmember was held in with sheet rock screws, about six of them. After seeing my life flash before my eyes I drilled all the snapped bolts out, treaded the holes and put grade 8's in there. At least the guy that bought it from me dont have to worry about it...

21. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man that bunch of metal scrap welded to that frame , makes my brain want to explode , it isnt even good enough for scrap art work , that has to be the winner or close 2nd

22. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I

I love that this dude took the time to make all the pieces triangles. Im sure in his mind its totally correct as he used pelnty of "Gussets".. haa

23. indyfab

indyfab

I don't normally post here as I don't have much to say that anyone wants to hear:rolleyes:, but I had to post these pics when I saw this thread. This was for sale on the side of the road here in FL about a year ago. I don't think I have ever seen something so ugly, I had to take a picture of it. The kicker was I think the guy had an asking price of only 4 grand.

Attached Files:

24. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

egads!!!!!!!!:eek:

25. X2, yep, I think thats about as bad as you can get.

26. swazzie

swazzie

the FrankenBurger Merc

27. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

28. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

the sad thing is that the guy who did that will never understand the wrong in that picture and has made it that far in life!!!! he'll prolly continue doing shitty fab jobs and never have a problem!!!!Quote:
    Originally Posted by mashed
    Today's mini-truckers. Tommorrow's rodent-rodders.

29. 62rebel

62rebel

there was a local guy that built .... well; for shits and giggles, i'll call them "rods" here... he was a nice enough guy and generous, but his build ethic put shivers down my spine. everything he got had a GM clip welded into the front.... EVERYTHING. see; more welding rod is more steel, right? just keep adding rod until everything's level, more or less.... multiple u-joints in the steering and again, ALWAYS use a GM tilt column ziptied/lagscrewed/ubolted to the dashboard... i used to cringe whenever i saw a good looking project car show up at his joint.... cuz it wasn't staying that way. good thing for him we don't have safety inspections here. no so good for his unwary customers.

30. Roadsir

Roadsir

Penetrator,
    Theres a lethal winner....I can't imagine that working more than one turn lock to lock...