Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 hudson 2 door conversion?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dublaaron, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Older PS chop job

[​IMG]

2. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Its nice to have those to pics right next to each other you can see why i would make the door longer. And i also realy love the slanted post look i also plan on extending the front fender and drop the bumper. Oh and also theres no chop in my pic. Its the stock roof hight i didnt lower it just shortend l

3. studhud

studhud

What about making it a hardtop it might look really good with the long door.
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

4. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

][​IMG]
    ok so heres what im thinking. Slanted post shortend roof. Lengthend door and filler between the trunk and back window.
    The roof actly looks like it will shorten easyely. I just cut it and moved it forward looks right[/QUOTE]​

Okay, this Hudson VISUALIZATION stuff is giving me a serious Hudson hard-on.:cool:
    If JamesD could bear with this WONDERFUL stylistic exercise here, I have always
    had a vision (pre-PhotoShop). Please try and visualize the car -- JUST as Double-
    Aaron has it above, THEN :eek: fill those back windows with the shark-gill effect. (I know
    that JamesD can see this in his mind's eye;). And it would compliment the roof lines.:D)

5. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Okay, this Hudson VISUALIZATION stuff is giving me a serious Hudson hard-on.:cool:
    If JamesD could bear with this WONDERFUL stylistic exercise here, I have always
    had a vision (pre-PhotoShop). Please try and visualize the car -- JUST as Double-
    Aaron has it above, THEN :eek: fill those back windows with the shark-gill effect. (I know
    that JamesD can see this in his mind's eye;). And it would compliment the roof lines.:D)
    [/QUOTE

Ya that was my vision. Ive never photochoped it before. Today is a first and i realy like it

6. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

damn ...now I need to find me a Hudson!

7. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice photo shop work the 2nd pic makes for a sharp looking ride

8. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Thank you very much that means alot. I plan on building that.. if anybody needs a photoshop done on there car let me know. Its fun

9. Very nice, but it seems like something you'd dump a poopload of time and money into, and only get a fraction of that back when it's time to move on.

10. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

I buy and sell alot of cars but this one will NEVER be for sale. Thanks for your consern

11. Squablow

Squablow

If you had a second pair of 4 door front doors to cut up, you could use the front half of the donor passenger door to stretch the back of the driver's door, and vice versa, which would give you the door length and it'd already have the nice slant to the B-pillar since that half has the slant for the windshield. Plus it'd be symmetrical. Does that make sense?

That would also leave you with all of the old rear doors to use to fill in the resulting hole in the rear quarter panels. I would think an extra pair of 4 door front doors would be fairly easy to find, a lot easier than coupe doors for sure. I think that's basically how the 3 window door frames were made for Billy Gibbons' Copperhed.

12. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Not a bad idea. I like your thought on that. I dont have cash to just go out and by donor doors un less some body wants to donate some to a starveing artist ha ha. But i do have a junk yard with a few older cars and i can cut off anything i want for very little money.. so i will keep that in mind

13. Rideron66

Rideron66
    from Virginia

I like it good luck and please keep posting

14. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

[​IMG] as requested but i dont like shark fins. Im not george baris

15. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

[​IMG] also requested. Everybody vote

16. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

There aren't any shark fins here. I guess I should have said GILLS -- think '74 Charger SE. That should give you the mental picture.

And, the hardtop looks fine.

17. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

since no one has said it--what about a calson style top??we did that on a chop top 4 dr merc.

18. koolkemp

koolkemp

19. studhud

studhud

This door idea doesn't work as the contours on the front half of the doors are very different than the back half. and the profile of the door posts are different front top and back
    You could get it done with one seam in the door if you had a extras by cutting the existing door a couple inches from the back jamb then use the donor door cut long butted the the front half saves a big ass ache making jambs. I'll give you doors if you can get them picked up.
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF
    Btw the hardtop looks the best IMHO keep this in mind...
    When building a custom less is always MORE! That xtreme b pillar doesn't look "right" to me. When I built my Hudson I tried to build a full custom but make it look like the Hudson designers should have.
    Just my opinion
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

20. drunkandgreasy

drunkandgreasy
    from nunya

Round the lower door edges. It will smooth the lines out....huge difference.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge (51 pacemaker)

21. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Imho? Any way i like the ht as well and know that would be easyest

22. studhud

studhud

IMHO means In My Humble Opinion.
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

23. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I remember a lime-ish/gold-ish 2 door that was chopped with molded show pipes and green "kinda-seaweed" flames, from maybe 5 or so years ago, i think mooneyes xmas?
    Might have been from the Shredders. I seem to remember it was a nice car, but far too long ago to be sure.
    Anybody?

24. Either slanted posts or hard top, the one with the massive rear pillar looks shit.

25. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

Yes i agree i like the slanted post but am realy starting to like the ht consept. I may go that way. It would be the eayest but every one seems to like that the best. Thanks for your imput

26. I vote for the hardtop. Or how about going this route? Here's a pic of a print I bought at Disneyland . It's Chip Foose's rendition of Doc Hudson parked in front of the haunted mansion. I'm sure you guys have seen this before, but I thought I'd share. I know this is a hardtop too, and a coupe, not a sedan like the one above. ImageUploadedByTJJ1330116833.817381.jpg

27. Just a suggestion. Copied the roofine from the Paul Bragg hardtopped merc.

[​IMG]

28. dublaaron

dublaaron
    from michgan

I cant chop it theres not enough room.. and id have to slant posts with the unique hudson curved glass.. also they look a bit cartoonish with the drastic chops. I want it to look like its natural.. so people will wonder whats different .. also look at the shortness of the front door. They look odd with the giant 1/4 pannel.. put em side by side and youl see what i mean.

29. It´ll look pretty odd with eight foot long front doors too. Those are stock two door doors on the grey car.