Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who is working on a pontiac ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Dec 4, 2011.

1. 31 B'ville

31 B'ville
    from SE Pa
    1. All Things Pontiac

Vagrant, you could not have picked a better time of day to post!!

2. hellerods

hellerods

55 Starchief--How about a current pic?? Been watching your build a long time and think you have done a super job onyou Pontiac!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I didn't see a 55 Starchief post I take it your referring to me. Thanks for the comments, not much has changed since that last pic. I picked up a nicer set of Cragars, narrower on front and now running bias ply tires. I'm ordering some clips to attach all the side trim . I still need to figure a way to mount the upper bumper ends and grille without the lower half of the bumper . I've spent most of the winter finishing up some interior metal work and install my new fuel system. Stay tuned...

4. Brenton

Brenton

About to start rewiring and converting my 50 Streamliner to 12v, maybe give the fuel system a freshen up, then cruise the wheels off it!
    [​IMG]

5. Stu_Norman

Stu_Norman
    from Wisconsin

Nothing as old as most of you guys, but I have 2 in the garage.

First is a 1963 Grand Prix. 421, tripower and a 4 speed.

[​IMG]

Second, a 1964 Bonneville, 389, 4bbl, automatic.

[​IMG]

6. rodl

rodl

Mine's a 41 2 dr sedan, street rod, mild customising front & rear (that might change). Just picked up a 68GTO 400 mildly worked donk and had a turbo 400 tranny refurbished. So I can hook the chevy 350/350 out and say she's all Poncho!!
    RodL

7. That thing is a RIDE! sweet!

8. ...and the center strip is work enough to make me smile!!! Nice ride anyway, i love your car from any angle! if you feel alright, it's o.k.! but it should always be an eight! Thanks and have fun, one fine automobile! love it very much! ;)

i was the lucky to get a nearly complete car, ohterwise i would run any other engine i could get! heard that's hard to get a straight 8 even in the U.S., because a lot of people preferred a little more perfomance than 103 h.p. for I'm a cruiser, it' enough, i love the slow idle, never been to a dragstrip, only as a visitor! Big Joe Turner on the AM, some pals and I'm satisfied!

Love to see more pics of your car, it's got class!

Greets, Carsten

9. nice color, and most of all, the lake pipes fit perfect! smoothe ride!
    I'd love to have some nice gravelshields on my rear fenders, too! what a sight! be-a-u-t-i-ful!!

10. Brenton

Brenton

Thanks 40Two,
    Paint's a bit of a '30 footer' but one day she'll get a tidy up.
    Those lake pipes were painful to fit, but soooo worth it!
    Best thing is, she's a treat to cruise in! No horsepower weapon, but I'm more of a fan of just cruising anyways!

11. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I guess you never reallly finish your car, there is always room for improvement!
    I've had my '57 since '84., painted and interior in '85.
    2 door hardtop Chieftan, 347"/tripower/3 speed stick on the column.
    Soon to have a new 347" and a 4 speed T10.[​IMG]double click to enlarge image!

12. cshades

cshades
    from wi

Working on a 66 GTO convert/4-speed that i finally got my uncle to sell me after asking for 20 years.He bought it in 1972.I was riding with him in this car when i experenced my first burnout at the age of 11 in 1974.

13. Not any other nice Ponchos out there? come on, show'em!!!!!!

14. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Working on a '55 Chiefftain 2dr sedan, see profile

15. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

65 GTO 4 speed with some goodies.
    Might be going across the auction block soon.

Attached Files:

16. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

Great thread!!!

Here's mine. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics taken last year. I'm having it transported from my old place back near Chicago to my farm here in Ky in a few weeks. I can't wait to get working on it. The door bottoms and rockers are pretty rough. Other than that, not too bad.

Ed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. King Of Them All

King Of Them All
    BANNED
    from Florida

55 Catalina Daily Driver

18. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

'62 Bonneville 4dr HT for daily use and long trips.

'62 Catalina Safari 9-passenger (for the un-salted time of the year);

'62 Grand Prix (resto-fication stalled - the NEXT project I tackle, been sitting too damn long!)

'62 Cat 4dr HT future mild custom (currently collecting parts);

'62 Ambulance (hi-top) by Superior (basket case but will become the "Radio Rescue Squad" - business vehicle (see my signature below))

...these are all projects in varying degrees...which is why I named my garage the WRECK ROOM.

19. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

1949 pontiac convertible custom chevy LT1 and 4L60 trany front disk brakes and drop up rights it is in tons of parts bought it some one else tore it complety apart
    freanching the tail lites and head lights in going with a driffernt style of grille

have some extra parts for it

20. Are you going to put a Pontiac in it?

21. teddyp

teddyp

my buddy joe had this car for many years it was built by joe surply in north nj

22. teddyp

teddyp

much love for pont. here,s afew the frist is tony fiel,s all pocho drive train

Attached Files:

23. 1964reo

1964reo
    from mn

if you are talking to me im putting the LT1 in it so i can drive it i had all the dual or triple carb set ups when i was yonger i want to drive it were i live it a ways betwin towns and like the gas milage you get with the fuel injection

24. [​IMG]

Original 316 ,hydro...I've added an alternator, PCV, HEI, Flowmasters.

Original 3.08 rear ...It goes down the freeway @ 70 mph..gets about 16 mpg, combo driving.

If the hydro gives me grief, I'll probably put a 400, T350C in it some day.

25. SoCal

SoCal

[​IMG]
    Just about to start on this one...

26. IRISH13

IRISH13
    from SoCal

Had to put my 55 on hold so I could finish my truck 1st. Ill be back on it after the new year.

Attached Files:

27. rodl

rodl

Here's mine, had it for about 12 months, plans are to fix up all the shoddy work done on it, and put it back to late 50's early sixties style street rod. Replace the billet wheels with steel, chrome rims painted centres, dome spiders & acorn nuts. ditto billet tailights - replace with frenched 50 Pontiac lights. got a mildly worked Poncho 400/400 combo from an early GTO to replace the 350/350 chev setup. fix front & rear suspension to enable it to sit lower. make up new roll pan and get it to fit the original contours of the rear fenders and fit up to the trunk lid! Find an original instrument cluster to replace the dakota digital one. french the antenna - but in a location where it doesn't sit in the trunk and inner guard!! been kicking around idea of making nerf bars front and rear, but also don't mind the clean and clear look as it is. I wouldn't mind taking about a 5" chop thru the top, but I'm getting older by the minute, and would rather drive it sooner than later. ditto with the hood to lower it but I think it might look crappy,unless the roof is chopped as well.
    Can't make my mind up whether to leave the stance as she is, or have the rear end lower by about 2"
    If anyone knows the secret to removing the rear passenger side glass, i'd be grateful.
    RodL

Attached Files:

28. GAS455

GAS455

Just about to start on it...what are you doing to it???

29. '41 Business Coupe-Black with flames, lowered, front rake. Can't get pics up, but early ones are on here somewhere-used to be one of ROCKY's cars.

30. SoCal

SoCal

The 6 is pretty shot and as the car is supposed to be my daily, instead of pouring money into rebuilding that, going to throw an old SBC into it. I know, I know, not the most inspired choice:D
    Also putting Jag front and rear ends in it which is a fairly common trick in our part of the world. So all that should make for a nice reliable driver and I put a lot of miles on my cars so that's important.
    Get it back on the road and then chip away at the body with a very mild custom look in mind. Want it to still very much look like a pontiac though so a lot of the trim will stay.
    Pic makes it look nicer than it is.