Register now to get rid of these ads!

Electrically conductive glue?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Downs, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Lost connection on a small component of a circut board. I can't solder worth a damn let alone on something so small.

Is there any glue that is conductive?

2. swissmike

swissmike

There are special adhesives with conductivity, however they are expensive and not really a replacement for soldering. Just ask somebody to solder it back in place. By far the best and cheapest solution. Or learn how to solder...

3. BobF

BobF
    from Poway, CA

Get a small pencil tip soldering iron, some correct solder (tiny rosin core) and perhaps some 30ga wire to make the junction. Clean the residue off with a short trimmed acid brush and alcohol when you're done. We made field changes on ckt brds all the time back when I had a job.

4. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

In a word ...YES . I worked in an electronics repair shop a number of years ago , and used to have a problems with what we called "Mitsu Glue" on Mitsubishi electronics , predominantly VCRs . After the glue aged it became conductive and I had to scrub the PC boards clean of it and magically the device would start working again .

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Auto part stores sell a small repair kit for rear window defrosters. I've glued many tabs back on with excellent results. Small tube, and the cost is under $10.00. Stu

6. I have used this as well, we have even improved electical transfer on horn contacts with the ford brand defroster grid repair paint.

brad

7. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

Silver epoxy.