Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where are the Original first 500 HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Aug 29, 2009.

1. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Without pressing any buttons on your mouse,place your cursor on your HAMB name and leave it there.
    Now look at the very left bottom of your screen and you will see the following:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum.member.php?u=1430
    The last number is YOUR HAMB number.Move your cursor and it disappears.

2. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I don't think these numbers include the pokey-mon board (spl?):D Remember that? I miss officerspellcheck. My number doesn't reflect the time I joined the HAMB...only that I was one of the first few to log on and join the new HAMB board. People that had a life may have been later to the party. I was suffering withdraw symptoms when the new board became available.

3. I had a HAMB account back about a decade ago and posted a few times, but got too busy with work and didn't log on for a long time. Plus, the drama wasn't my thing. If I want drama, I'll hang out with my wife and her sisters for an hour.

Then the server crashed and I didn't get a new account until 2008, but I'm still inspecting grenades.

So....I might've been an original HAMBer......don't really know for sure.....don't really care.

4. telecaster_6

telecaster_6

#473 still here..

5. You are correct sir.

6. 746...Fuck time flies.
    My ride in the readers rides was listed as going to be candy gold....WTF don't remember that.

7. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Just a Johnny come lately at 2842. I hadn't thought about it in a long time but I got my ass spanked by the "old" HAMB cops when I first came on. I made a smart-assed comment on some thread about what kind of late model SUV people drove and got I dogpiled. One person in particular called me everything but a white man. I apologized for crossing any lines and also said that if anyone ever talked like that to my face, one of us wouldn't be getting up. That was the end of that, I started paying attention and never got cursed again, much.

8. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

that would be "the GOOCH" ...(Rudy's buddy Paul)

9. Donotdelete is actually many people. Name deleted, posts stuck. Some of JimAs old posts have the same tag.

10. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

ahh,ok,that makes sense,,,i just knew that alot of the Gooch's threads had that name on them now.

or would that be Redondo rodder? haha

11. Fourdy

Fourdy

I didn't realize it but I see I am #474. Must be getting old. Only in body of course. lol

Fourdy

12. I'm 139973 :D:D:D!!

13. NOAH324

NOAH324

Aw man, #801..I'm a loser!
    Where were you in .. 2002 ??!

14. #4520 - A winna every time

15. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

This is still going on?

Number 316 reporting in.

16. Get your ass back in here and post more! If it is roadrace stuff try Ryans sister site www.dogfightmag.com !

17. #197 Checkin in. :) Cool thread. Been on the artsy post on fridays and lurking whenever I do sign on. It's amazing how popular this forum is these days...

18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought those Cragars off of Mike back in '01 and I still have them.

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

I think the original 500 should have a gold star or something by their names. Like charter members if you will.............Guess, I'm a late bloomer my is number 15,348.

CRUISER :cool:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  20. why? people get their undies in a knot because of their post count, quantity or age does not make the man....

Conder, where are you?

[​IMG]

and since it wasn't illustrated, just for refference...the love/hate relationship, Mike/otownrumbler( and a number of other titles..:rolleyes:)

[​IMG]

and for desert...a pic & notation that still makes my heart flutter...

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

21. Hmmm...#31, who knew?

22. Somehow heartwarming to see my old blown Hemi '29 on the HAMB . . . drove that car on the streets of L.A. 25 years ago, just the way you see it here. All the Street Rodders with their bright red Billet Rods were laughing at me. Guess I was "traditional" too soon . . .

23. That car and photospread made an impression on me, thanks man! Real hotrods are never timeless.

24. Ditto, have had a enlarged copy of this pasted on my wall for over a decade, makes me smile everytime I see it....that and reading how Tammy enjoys making her own clothes and adding to her teacup collection...;):D

Awesome car, time stands still,

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

25. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drewfus. It is odd you posted a pic of ElMosquito...I was just thinking about it today. I actually saw ElMosquito live and in person and drank beer with Otownrumbler/redneckmike/NadsandIfightlikegirls or whatever Mikes name is these days....so yes, the car and the person did in fact, exist.

It still amazes me how many folks from 10 years ago still hang out and post on a regular basis...

See ya, -Abone.

26. rodknocker

rodknocker

Its crazy, when I joined in 2006 I was #11,548... so from 2001(new HAMB) to 2006 thats the amount, now I just looked at our newest member his #176,xxx, thats an increase of over 150,000 in the last 6 years, pretty friggin amazing.

27. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Guess it doesn't count if you were reading Jallopy Journal before there was a HAMB

28. BELLM

BELLM

Some are in this photo. 2004 HAMB Drags, cookout at JIMC's house. Good times!

Attached Files:

• 763.jpg
      763.jpg
      File size:
      323.4 KB
      Views:
  29. BELLM

BELLM

And here, baby shower for Ryan & Marcie at HAMB drags

Attached Files:

• 699.jpg
      699.jpg